“Nothing spectacular, but would go again at a better nightly rate.”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #60 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stay here when we were visiting Sick kIds; just a block away, which was great. Definitely outdated, nothing really remarkable to say about the rooms. But, staff was nice and I found our room to be clean. Asked for a room near the end of the hall and had no issues with noise. I would go back but not for the price of $120.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Peenoot,

I am pleased that your overall experience was enjoyable and you found the hotel in a good location for your hospital visits. We appreciate all feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide some. Stay tuned for promotions and specials to obtain a lower rate.

There are newer reviews for Chelsea Hotel, Toronto

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Delta Chelsea is located very close to Young and Dundas, one of the main city centre locations in Toronto. Featuring two indoor pools - saunas, adult gym and many other things ot makae your stay easy. One pool is adult only and has a sun lounge where on a good day you can easily spend some relaxing time. The other features a whirlppol and a family pool with an indoor water slide. The slide only operates at certain times so in the week it is after 4 on weekends it starts at 8am.

We found the service excellent, they were happy to try and make our stay a good one. All we had to do was ask and they provided a fridge in our room so we could at least have cereal etc for breakfast rather than go out all the time. There are some suites with kitchens if you have the money for that. We had a delux room with two double beds and this worked well for our family, I would recommend considering going for this if you are planning a stay more then 2-3 days with 3 or more people.

The rooms are serviced at different times so even if you put the do not disturb sign for the morning run you can take it off go out for the afternoon and come back to fresh beds, towels etc. They supply samples of most things you would need ot wash, shampoo etc. Even a hairdryer and iron with ironing board is provided.The TV service is good and wifi is included which comes in ever more handly these days.

I would not say staying here is a bargin but staying anywhere in Toronto near the city centre is costly. We had stayed somewhere else on previous visits and come away unsatified with what we got for our money. This time I felt although we had paid somewhere aorund £115 a night wwe had received a great room, excellent service, accomadaiton staff and access to pool etc so was worth it for our family. They have a kids club but we did not us eit so cant say anything about that. There was an arcade seciton for teens but you had to pay to play the games which was a bit dissappointing.

We could walk to many attractions which saves you bus/parking costs - both of which are a bit costly in Toronto. When we visited it was $3 for a bus/subway ride one way whereas in Birmingham you could travel all day for £3. The lobby is very busy and there is a vast selection of people staying there, business people, young people and families. The rooms are not modern but we had no complaints on our being clean and well looked after while we were there.If you are looking for a place near the downtown area fitted out for kids and adults then you should def consider the Delta Chelsea

Room Tip: Ask for a delux room, or if you can splash out get a suite with kitchenette. Dont be afriad to ask f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Evadark,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to learn that your stay was overall enjoyable. We appreciate all feedback and use this information to improve our services or let our staff know how they are doing. I have passed your comments to the appropriate departments.
Once again I would like to thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Alistair

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Delta Chelsea is centrally located in downtown Toronto and seems to always have rooms, which is the only reason that our group stayed there during a busy convention week.

The lobby seems more like a bus station than a hotel, the restaurant is like a canteen, rooms are in need of refurbishment, and most importantly, their back-office staff are in need of training. Reservations are handled poorly and inefficiently; I can honestly say I have never communicated with such consistently obtuse personnel in a reservations office who seem incapable of handling either reservations or billing correctly, or recognizing errors they have made. A very frustrating experience!

I understand that the hotel will lose its "Delta" brand in a few months -- let's hope it comes back renovated and with better trained staff. There are numerous colleges in the area offering quality hospitality programs who could likely do wonders with this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room in the blue tower; these are not bad at all -- but the hallways remain depr...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RebeccaLawrence

Dear RebeccaLawrence,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to learn that your stay was overall enjoyable. I do apologize for the frustrations you encountered when dealing with out reservations team. We appreciate all feedback and use this information to improve our services or let our staff know how they are doing. I have passed your comments to the appropriate departments.

Alistair Innes

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past week after purchasing a LivingSocial deal.

The hotel room itself was pretty standard- it is definitely ready for an update! We would've loved to see a mini-fridge in the room to cool drinks, store restaurant leftovers, and keep some of my vitamins that require refrigeration. (Oh well.)

The first morning we were woken really early (7am-onward) by the VERY LOUD hallway activity. Lots of children were staying on the same floor and were running up and down the hall, talking loudly, yelling, etc. Eventually we couldn't take it anymore and had to get up for the day earlier than expected and get out of the hotel. This same day we could BARELY get any hot water in the shower... Im sure you can understand that our day was NOT off to a great start at this point- all thanks to the Hotel.

Really, what this hotel has going for it is the central location. If we stay here again, the location will probably be the only reason why.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CourtneyWebb,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete feedback from your stay

As a company, it is our mission to create communities Guests can rely on for the comfort and emotional support they can’t take with them when they leave home. It is clear we did not accomplish this goal during your stay.

I would like to apologize that you were not able to enjoy your stay due to the lack of hot water in the room. This is not a regular occurrence at our hotel, however when the water pressure levels fall in the City of Toronto due to ongoing constructions the water pressure levels also fall in our hotel. We understand the necessity of a hot shower in the room, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Delta Chelsea on 20-22nd March 2013 and found the hotel to failing in all regards. I was with other delages are we all had similar issues. These are as follows:
1. It needs a complete up-grade (not a quality hotel)
2. The room that I was allocated was dirty and had insects
3. The carpets in the hallway and room were old, tired and some wer also stained.
4. The reception staff (once told by three separate individuals of the issues above) had a could not care less attitude. According to them the rooms were fine. They were not.
5. The food and drinks were also of poor quality. I ordered some french fries and they came seeping oil - you should get something as simple as fries wrong! Even the breakfast was not of high quality given the price paid.
Overall my experience is very poor. The Delta Chelsea is not a business hotel nor is it good for families or tourists. In my case it simply failed in all accounts. I paid up and left on 22nd March 2013. My organisation wil not use Delta Chelsea Toronto having had such an appaling experience. If you are considering this hotel because you are getting favourable rates, please be careful, probe the hotel staff on the room and food quality before making a commitment. My overall advice is go somewhere else in Toronto - you will be much happier and get value for money.

Room Tip: I can't give you a tip - just avoid the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LITHIUM
Reviewed March 28, 2013

As a local, I stayed at the Delta Chelsea as part of a night out on the town. The service provided by the staff was definitely wonderful - very friendly and helpful. However, walking through the hallways was when you could tell that it was an older hotel. The carpets need to be changed and the walls could be brighter. The apperance was dull and very much reflective of the 1970's style. The room was just ok. It was a standard king size room, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom could be remodeled. The tub had stains and so I didn't end up using it. For a simple night out, it's a very average hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear adidas0203

Thank you for providing us feedback from your recent stay. I am pleased to learn that your overall stay was enjoyable. We appreciate all feedback and use this information to improve our services and let our staff know how they are doing. I hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great location! Within walking distance to so many areas of Toronto. Eaton Center, Kensington Market and loads of restaurants nearby.
Room was clean and service was good. The beds are a tad uncomfortable, both myself and the girlfriend I was travelling with had the same complaint.
They charged something they shouldn't have on our bill. "Contra Rooms"?? They removed it before we left.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trudy28

Dear Trudy28

Thank you for providing us with this feedback. It is great to learn that our location was beneficial to your needs and you found the hotel clean and comfortable. I am surprised that you found your bed uncomfortable as our beds are some of our guests favourite feature. I will pass this feedback to the housekeeping department for review. Thank you for this feedback and we hope to see you again soon.