Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
$232
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
7,055 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Was there for a couple nights on the weekend with my wife. Used as home base for touring the downtown. As I said no surprises, as expected. It's a little dated but clean and a great staff.
If you opt for the signature floors the lounge breakfast is one of the best of any Delta I've stayed. Great selection.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Pat34153

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Chelsea. I am so pleased to read about your positive experience. It is so great that our staff provided friendly service and you enjoyed the hotels close proximity to many down town attractions. We hope you come visit again!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

As I bid through Priceline for a 3 1/2 star, I ended up returning to the Delta Chelsea.... and was generally pleasantly surprised. I'm not sure what floor I was on last time, but this was the 24th and the hallways were much cleaner and fresher than the last time.
Our room was very clean and comfortable, although still some signs of wear and tear. For example the bathroom floor tile was a little chipped and there is a cigarette hole in the sheer drapes which I was kind of annoyed to have to explain to my daughter as it made her think somebody could be smoking next door and burn down the hotel.
Comfortable beds, wired internet.
Front desk service was not speedy and could have been much more helpful. I wanted to book a second night after arriving, but the first person I spoke to wouldn't give me a price. He said, 'Just go to expedia or priceline.' I waited until he was occupied and spoke to another person at the front desk who was much more helpful. After seeing this, the first person was suddenly more amenable. Maybe he thought I had just been trying to see what a room would have cost me at regular price to compare to my priceline price? We managed to book a second night at the regular rate (which was the same rate posted by priceline and expedia).
I'm still annoyed that the water slide is only open on weekends as I am always there during the week and with a child. It is kind of focal to their advertising.
We ate in the dining room and enjoyed our meal. I felt that the waiter was aloof to begin, but did manage to warm up over the course of the meal. The meals were reasonably priced, tasty and nicely presented. The second night we ordered room service which was delivered quickly, hot and was equally tasty.
I like that the Market Garden is available for bedtime snack.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Onvoyage_3

Thank you for your note regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable. I do apologize for the level of service you received from our front desk and assure you this is not how we usually operate. I also apologize for our current slide times. During our off-season it is tricky to staff this facility based on our occupancies. I can certainly understand your disappointment. As winter is coming to an end we look forward to switching over to our spring/summer hours. Our restaurants are excellent and it is great to hear that you enjoyed both the late hours of Market Garden and the fast service from our In Room Dinning. Since your visit we have completed the installation of wireless internet and now offer complimentary wireless through out all guest rooms and common areas. I hope your bidding leads you to the Chelsea again, and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel may be a bit dated in the regular rooms, but they are very clean, and who spends all day in the hotel room anyway. I would much rather save money and have great service and a great location. If you want those things, and don't care about the size, this is the place for you. While the Market Garden is VERY expensive for food, I definitely recommend going to Monarchs Pub for dinner or a snack. The food and service is great. I especially wanted to recognize Nadine who was very pleasant and helpful and so was Ava in reservations.

If you are looking for some good breakfast, here is a Cora's up the street, where you also get a discount with your delta key.

Room Tip: ask for a room high as possible away from elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mjhoc

Thank you so much for your recent review. It is so great to read of your positive experiences at the Chelsea. I am so happy that our staff provided excellent service and you also enjoyed our Monarchs Pub. I will be passing your feedback on to Nadine, and thank you for those comments. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've stayed at the Delta Chelsea several times over the past 2 years for leisure travel to the city with the most recent visit this month. The reservation staff are always friendly and efficient, my requests are always taken care of. Check-in at the privilege desk is quick and painless and the facilities are always above standard! Will continue to stay in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear 41DaveJ

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Chelsea. It is so wonderful that you have chosen the Chelsea as your hotel when visiting Toronto. Our location is prime for those travelling for leisure and for those who want to be close to all the action down town Toronto has to offer visitors. I am pleased that our reservations staff were quick and efficient when making your bookings. I am also happy to hear that you are a member of our Privilege program and enjoy all the benefits the program offers. Once again I would like to thank you for the feedback and look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed for one night - Feb.2-3rd/13. Room was very nice and clean but was classified as a "Deluxe Suite". The room was very small and not much different from a regular room in other hotels. The staff was very helpful and the woman that we checked in with was very cheerful and helpful. It was our 25th anniversary and she moved our checkout time from 11 am to 1pm at no extra charge.
The cafeteria style restaurant were we had breakfast was ok and the prices were pretty standard. I liked the fact that it was open late so we were able to get juice and tea at night. All in all we would stay here again if we are in Toronto for the weekend. Within walking distance of Eatons Centre, CN Tower etc. In fact we had dinner at the Tower and walked there from hotel - about an hours walk, but doable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LaurelGrimsby_Canada

Thank you for your recent note regarding your stay at the Chelsea. On behalf of the hotel thank you for choosing the Chelsea to celebrate your 25 anniversary, and congratulations on this milestone. I am pleased that our staff were helpful and friendly during your stay. It is great we were able to provide a late check -out as it is always nice to sleep in after a night of celebrating. I thank you once again for choosing the Chelsea and for providing feedback on your stay, we hope to welcome you back soon.