“Good but not Great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Saskatoon, Canada
“Good but not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Chelsea over New Years and brought in 2013. The hotel, again being centrally located and only several blocks away from all amenities...was reasonably clean and confortable and provided what I was after....a clean hotel with a reasonably comfortable bed. Yes it is a little dated, and a little worn...but if you look around, I`m confident you`ll receive a great rate....making it a totally acceptable experience for the money spent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Saskatoonbanker
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Saskatoonbanker

Thank you for your note regarding your recent stay. It is so great that you chose to ring in 2013 with us. I am happy that the hotel was well suited for your needs and price point. The location of the hotel is some of our guests favourite feature and allows for great opportunities in the down town core. We are currently planning our next stages of renovations and hope to have them started soon. Since your visit we have completed the installation of complimentary wireless internet in all guest rooms as well as updated all the television in our guest rooms. We are excited by the completion of these projects and look forward to have our guest experience these upgrades. We hope you will join us again soon!

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vaughan, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I checked in after a travel expo I was working. This is a fine hotel, nothing amazing and nothing terrible. If you want a clean reasonably priced hotel the is a good choice. It is in a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brucie35
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Brucie35

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Chelsea. By taking 15 minutes to tell us how we are doing, you are helping on our journey to continuously improve the level of service we are providing to our guests. I was pleased to learn that you stay was overall most enjoyable. It is great that the hotel was well situated for your needs and came at a reasonable price for value for you. We look forward to your next visit.

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Delta Chelsea for 2 nights, Feb 1 & 2, 2013 while in Toronto on business. The room I had (on the 24th floor) was very dated, wallpaper was peeling and was very small. I booked through Priceline, so taking that into account, perhaps I was given one of the older dated rooms due to the price I paid. The value I'm giving the hotel is based on regular room rates, and not what I paid through Priceline.

The staff however, were very efficient and friendly and room service is somewhat reasonably priced.

Location is excellent in the heart of Toronto, but I don't think I'd stay at this location again due to the overall condition of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Louisbean

Thank you for completing a review of your stay at the Chelsea. It is such a great opportunity for the hotel when guests provide feedback. We use this information to better our services and facilities. I was concerned with the condition in which the room you were provided was in. I can assure this is not a representation of the level of service we aim to provide our guests. We have renovated floors to better suit some guests and are currently planning the next phase of renovations. We hope to have these renovations started soon and look forward to their completion. It is great that you were able to enjoy some other facilities in the hotel and our staff provided friendly, welcoming service.

Thank you once again for your feedback,

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was quite pleased with my 2-night stay here for business. I specifically requested a renovated room, thanks to the tips online. The room was spacious, with a kitchenette. It was clean and comfortable with modern furnishings, a comfortable bed and lots of space. The bathroom had modern counters and sinks, but the bathtub was still somewhat older. Wired internet in the rooms is complimentary, but there isn't wifi.

The hotel is well-placed for meetings in the core of Toronto. There's lots of good restaurants nearby. The gym is very large, with good weight machines, a limited number of free-weights, and good cardio machines. I would say this is probably the largest and most well-equipped hotel gym I've been to. There's also a swimming pool and hot-tub situated in the gym area.

Overall, the renovated area of the hotel is nice and pretty standard for a Delta. I had no complaints!

Room Tip: The rooms on Floors 4-9 are more-recently renovated.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear FunyMan3333

It was a pleasure to read your review and learn of your positive stay with us. I am so glad you were able to be situated in a room which suited your needs and met expectations. Our fitness facility is one of a kind and many of our guests love this feature also. In terms of no WiFi in our rooms, we no longer have this problem! As of January 31, 2013 we officially offer complimentary wireless internet in all guest rooms and common areas. We have upgraded this service to better service our business clientèle.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. The Hotel uses this information to better our service for our future guests. I hope to welcome you back to the Chelsea soon!

Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel was perfect for proximity to the general hospital. The room itself was starting to show some wear, however the front check-in/out staff made up for the lack of the updated room. They knew we were there for a hospital visit and were very caring and considerate and even asked how we all were, and wanted to make sure we were all comfortable.
We will use this hotel again for sure, and would recommend to anyone who wants a short walk to the general hospital.

Room Tip: We chose 21st floor, it helped minimize the noise of the emergency vehicles.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear TT

As many of us know and can relate, having a loved one in the hospital is never easy. Our staff understands this and we train our staff to have compassion and understanding in these situations. I am happy that you were able to experience and benefit from these added services. It is also great to hear that our staff made you feel comfortable and at home. This is one of our main goals when serving our guests. Our location is also another plus as we are very close to majority of the down town hospitals and I am glad this was of great help to you. I am excited for the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you once again with exceptional service.

Alistair Innes
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the Deltea Chelsea on New Years eve. Now I have to begin by saying that our reason for being ther was that we were visiting my 4month old nephew who was staying at Sick Kids hospital. The accomodations were decent but truthfully we really didn't stay there long. I'm not one to complain but I felt that the price tag was a bit steep for what we did get but that might ahve been because it was new years and we booked last minute. Unfortunately our room was beside someone who playing Dance music until past 2:30 a.m and it sounded like 30 people were in the room. The party was already going on when we checked in (6 p.m.) and when we got back into our room around 1:00 a.m. On a good day we woulldn't have complained. We know it was new years and we've been there. Around 2:30 when the music didn't stop and if anyting got LOUDER we called the front desk and wound up changing rooms at 3:00 a.m! Now I appreciate that they were able to do this , but would have liked maybe a free breakfast or a discount in return. we got nothing .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mystique7
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Mystique7

Thank you for you feedback and comments on your stay over New Year's Eve. Though a very busy night for us, this should not effect the quality of our rooms. I apologize that the room you were assigned did not meet your expectations, and can certainly understand your disappointment. I also apologize for the disruptions caused by loud partying on your floor. We have our security team on 24/7 to monitor guest corridors and common area's. I am sorry we failed to intervene in this instance. It is great to hear that when you did call down to the front desk they responded quickly and provided you with another room and breakfast! I will be sure to celebrate our team members and pass you comments to the department head. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night while I was in Toronto for business. Granted, I took the cheapest option, but this hotel needs to be updated. Everything is looking pretty tired like the carpets, walls, elevators, etc. My room was not cleaned very well (hair on the toilet, creased visitor's brochures and questionable shower), but it was tolerable.

The staff were very nice though, and helpful. I ordered room service, and it was decent food for what I paid.

I didn't realize I would be charged for making local calls in Toronto from their phone though, which I was not impressed with. I guess I should have read that fine print somewhere on the phone or in the room, but I was not told about at this at any point until I checked out.

Location is great, it is right in the middle of downtown and well located near the TTC. Very convenient for me to get around by walking.

I would stay here again for the price, but not for the room.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the green tower if you're looking for luxury rooms!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tanimal4
Dear Kandy4

Thank your for completing the review on your recent stay at the Chelsea. I am happy to hear that overall the hotel provided for you needs. I am pleased that our staff provided you with great service and that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities. I do apologize for the condition of your room and can understand your disappointment. As you stated you chose the lowest room category offered, I would suggest trying our deluxe or signature rooms as they have been recently renovated. Our Delta Privilege program is great for business travellers and includes benefits such as complimentary local calls and high speed internet, as well as special promotions through out the year. I encourage you to consider joining the program so these services can add to your overall experience. I look forward to your next stay with us!

Alistair Innes