“Delta chelsea for hospital stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chelsea Hotel, Toronto

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #58 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Woodstock, Canada
“Delta chelsea for hospital stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel was perfect for proximity to the general hospital. The room itself was starting to show some wear, however the front check-in/out staff made up for the lack of the updated room. They knew we were there for a hospital visit and were very caring and considerate and even asked how we all were, and wanted to make sure we were all comfortable.
We will use this hotel again for sure, and would recommend to anyone who wants a short walk to the general hospital.

Room Tip: We chose 21st floor, it helped minimize the noise of the emergency vehicles.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear TT

As many of us know and can relate, having a loved one in the hospital is never easy. Our staff understands this and we train our staff to have compassion and understanding in these situations. I am happy that you were able to experience and benefit from these added services. It is also great to hear that our staff made you feel comfortable and at home. This is one of our main goals when serving our guests. Our location is also another plus as we are very close to majority of the down town hospitals and I am glad this was of great help to you. I am excited for the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you once again with exceptional service.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the Deltea Chelsea on New Years eve. Now I have to begin by saying that our reason for being ther was that we were visiting my 4month old nephew who was staying at Sick Kids hospital. The accomodations were decent but truthfully we really didn't stay there long. I'm not one to complain but I felt that the price tag was a bit steep for what we did get but that might ahve been because it was new years and we booked last minute. Unfortunately our room was beside someone who playing Dance music until past 2:30 a.m and it sounded like 30 people were in the room. The party was already going on when we checked in (6 p.m.) and when we got back into our room around 1:00 a.m. On a good day we woulldn't have complained. We know it was new years and we've been there. Around 2:30 when the music didn't stop and if anyting got LOUDER we called the front desk and wound up changing rooms at 3:00 a.m! Now I appreciate that they were able to do this , but would have liked maybe a free breakfast or a discount in return. we got nothing .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mystique7
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Mystique7

Thank you for you feedback and comments on your stay over New Year's Eve. Though a very busy night for us, this should not effect the quality of our rooms. I apologize that the room you were assigned did not meet your expectations, and can certainly understand your disappointment. I also apologize for the disruptions caused by loud partying on your floor. We have our security team on 24/7 to monitor guest corridors and common area's. I am sorry we failed to intervene in this instance. It is great to hear that when you did call down to the front desk they responded quickly and provided you with another room and breakfast! I will be sure to celebrate our team members and pass you comments to the department head. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Alistair I
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night while I was in Toronto for business. Granted, I took the cheapest option, but this hotel needs to be updated. Everything is looking pretty tired like the carpets, walls, elevators, etc. My room was not cleaned very well (hair on the toilet, creased visitor's brochures and questionable shower), but it was tolerable.

The staff were very nice though, and helpful. I ordered room service, and it was decent food for what I paid.

I didn't realize I would be charged for making local calls in Toronto from their phone though, which I was not impressed with. I guess I should have read that fine print somewhere on the phone or in the room, but I was not told about at this at any point until I checked out.

Location is great, it is right in the middle of downtown and well located near the TTC. Very convenient for me to get around by walking.

I would stay here again for the price, but not for the room.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the green tower if you're looking for luxury rooms!
1 Thank tanimal4
Dear Kandy4

Thank your for completing the review on your recent stay at the Chelsea. I am happy to hear that overall the hotel provided for you needs. I am pleased that our staff provided you with great service and that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities. I do apologize for the condition of your room and can understand your disappointment. As you stated you chose the lowest room category offered, I would suggest trying our deluxe or signature rooms as they have been recently renovated. Our Delta Privilege program is great for business travellers and includes benefits such as complimentary local calls and high speed internet, as well as special promotions through out the year. I encourage you to consider joining the program so these services can add to your overall experience. I look forward to your next stay with us!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the Delta Chelsea for a weekend, the only thing I enjoyed was the location.
The room was modern but lackluster, the curtains and bedding were clearly warn. The staff at the front desk were horrendous and unperson-able. The housekeepers however were amazing, very polite, happy and personable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brittany O
Dear Brittany

The hotel would like to thank you for providing feedback on your recent trip to Toronto. I apologize that this experience has been sub par for you and can understand your disappointment. I would also like to apologize for the lack of service you received from our front desk and can assure you this is not the norm at the Chelsea. I am happy that our house keeping staff was polite and provided good service. It is also great that you were able to benefit from the location of the hotel and its close proximity to Toronto's down town core.

Alistair I
Delta Chelsea Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Was in Toronto for business and booked the Chelsea due to its close proximity to work and shopping. Room was good, no complaints other than the lack of wifi in my room. There is a wired internet connection..antiquated system since my iPad cannot connect. Could not work in room as a result. This will prevent me from staying there in the future.

Bed was comfortable, linens seemed new..tv was large with good quality..excellent water pressure. Room was on 12th floor and was classified as deluxe king when booked.

Room Tip: 12th floor, deluxe king room was nice
Dear Pipersmum

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Chelsea. It is always great when our guest provide feedback as we use this information to gain knowledge into areas of strengths and weaknesses for the hotel. I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to inform you that officially on January 31, 2013 the Delta Chelsea is now offering its guest complimentary wireless internet in all guest rooms. This is exciting news which we have been eagerly waiting to launch as many of our guests were wondering if and when this would be done. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Chelsea has a great location in Toronto. Close to shopping and site seeing. Easy to get to subway on Yonge st. Staff was freindly and helpful. Great breakfast at the Market Garden restaurant in Hotel. Large hotel, good indoor parking.

Dear RJW5562

Your recent review on your stay at the Chelsea is much appreciated. We take all feedback, negative or positive, and use it to better our service. In addition to our location and multiple food outlets that you enjoyed, we are proud to now offer complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms. I am pleased that your stay was most enjoyable and we hope you will join us again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had the opportunity to return to the Delta Chelsea while in Toronto for business. The less than stellar reviews I read from previous travlers do not reflect the physical experience nor the Delta brand experience offered to their guests.

My check in was fast and very pleasant. I was welcomed back even though it had been a few years since my last stay at this property. The room was perfectly spotless and modern with all of the same Delta offerings and amenities I have come to expect.

The service far surpassed my expectations too. Every Delta employee I met greeted me & assured me that they were available for any help I may require. Even the polite parking attendant was ready with the same smile and commitment to offer assistance.

I was concerned after reading some previously posted reviews that my experience would be average. Thus was not the case.

I want to thank the Delta team for making myself and others I traveled with, feel welcome. You teams commitment to actually smiling and being so polite was greatly welcomed.

I will be back again!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank NSbiztravler
Ashleigh W, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear NSbiztravler

It was such a pleasure to read about your recent stay at the Delta Chelsea. I must thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We use this information to constantly improve our services. I am so happy that every team member you encounter was ready and willing to provide the service that we a known for. I thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as a guest despite what the research told you. I am glad we did not let you down. I look forward to your next stay and the chance to welcome you back again soon!