“Very good hotel in Toronto”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #58 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
New Delhi, India
“Very good hotel in Toronto”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Hotel Delta Chelsea is located in Gerrard street in Toronto and this is a really a very convenient location as everything is very close by from here. The rooms are really very nice with spacious rooms and clean bathrooms. The food served here is also really good and service staff is superb. There are also lot of eating and shopping places nearby to this hotel. Overall this is a great place to stay in Toronto.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Geetanshkatyal
Ashleigh W, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Geetanshkatyal

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so happy to hear about the ways our hotel best suited you while in Toronto. Our location is some of our guest favourite aspect and is great for those wishing to spend ample time in the down town core. Thank you once again for the positive review and we hope you come and stay with us again soon!

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice and what I love is that the hotel is situated very conveniently, it's just a walk away from where the Hop-on Hop off CIty tour starts and it's very accessible to public transit if you need it. Staff were great, had a welcome package for my son that helped him enjoy the one week stay at the hotel. They have a kids playroom where kids could play, paint and even spend time with pets which is pretty cool. The only problem is that they don't have fridge in the room and we have to wait for the next day when one becomes available, not very convenient if you need to store milk...I suggest requesting the fridge during your reservation if you need one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ashleigh W, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear. _leigh_yyc_

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay at the Chelsea. It was great to hear that the location, as for many guest, is your favourite aspect of the hotel. It is great to get out and explore what the city has to offer. I am happy your child was able to use the children's centre and recreation area. I will be passing this along to our recreations staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

It is always a treat to Stay at the Chelsea It is close to everything and you are welcomed by courteous staff.I ave stayed solo and with my family and we will keep coming back. You can find more expensive places to stay but the Chelsea just feels like it is worth more than you pay for

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ticon2005

It was a great pleasure to read about your positive experiences with the Delta Chelsea. It is so great that you enjoy everything from the staff to the location. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and how you felt about your last stay. The hotel is great for suiting business travellers or family and its great that you have stayed in both situations. We look forward to your continued patronage and look forward to your next visit.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. I mainly choose to stay here when I'm traveling to Toronto on short business trips because very close to our Toronto office location. I remember my first time staying here I was not very impressed as they were having elevator issues (bad timing since it was during TIFF).

I remember the room I had before being much bigger, but maybe it was because I got a room with 2 double beds in it. In any case, my room felt so much smaller this time around with the 1 bed.

In any case, I wouldn't recommend staying at this hotel if you're planning to stay in Toronto a while. For shorter 1-3 day trips it does its purpose if you don't have any other option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jen1805

I would firstly like to thank you for your loyalty and patronage at our Hotels location. I am glad to hear that the location of our hotel best suits your needs for business in the surrounding down town area. I would like apologize for the size of the room. We have multiple room types varying in sizes. You may have been in a deluxe room in the newer wing of the Hotel on your last stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Toronto.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

From the outside, this hotel isn't too bad. It's centrally located, but that comes at a cost, i.e., $29 (not including tax) for parking per night. It's $30 a night for non-guests. But this is typical for a downtown hotel. The staff was cordial and receptive. The room that I was originally assigned smelled like stale cigarette smoke. The staff quickly changed my room for me. However, the rooms were outdated. Looks like they haven't remodeled in 10+ years. The toliet had stains and the wall paper was coming off in some places. The carpet looked quite dated itself. The hotel is a bit loud, since against, it's downtown. For the price (as I got a priceline deal), was worth it. But I would NEVER pay full price for this hotel, and it's definitely not a 3.5 star. I've stayed in 2.5 star hotels that looked much better. Overall, if it weren't for the location and the price, I probably wouldn't give this a 2 star.

Room Tip: If you don't mind dated hotels at reasonable prices, this option might work for you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mahndoo

The hotel appreciates the time you have taken to provide feedback on your recent visit. I am happy you were able to enjoy the location of the hotel and that you found our staff cordial and receptive. I would like to apologize for the condition of your room. The hotel is just beginning the next phase of renovations and we hope to have them completed soon. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you visit again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to this hotel many times over the past few years and overall it's a good hotel. The prices are decent and the location is the best part about this hotel, it's located only a few minutes away from Dundas Square. The rooms are comfortable, clean and of a good size but the only issue is the decor and furniture are outdated and could use a facelift.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marky_mark17
Dear Marky_Mark17

On behalf of of the Delta Chelsea I would like to thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed the location of the hotel as most of our guest do. Its great we were able to provide a good experience overall and hope you will return to the hotel once the next set of renovations is completed by the summer time.

Cochrane
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great service and food lot of choices for entertainment and children activities.

Hotel is central location. Check in was superb and quick.

The matrket garden restaurant had good eselction of menu items. Lot of exits from building to access downtown Toronto.

the rooms are very clean and housekeeping staff very friendly.

Internet service was adaquate and easily accessible for hook up

The room had a balconey with view of Toronto at night and during teh day

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Howard A Cochran

I was very pleased to read your recent review. Thank you for providing such positive feedback on your recent stay. It was a pleasure to read and I am thankful you enjoyed many aspect of the hotel such as the location, friendly staff, food and beverage, and the great view of the city you had from your room. It is encouraging to read these things and I will be passing these comments to the correct departments. We hope we will see you again soon!