“Delta delights”

Ranked #59 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Delta delights”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great stay at Delta....ideal location to attend wedding nearby. Impressive entrance with drop off points in light parking enclosure. Reception has great customer service and attention to detail. All 'A' class. Beds pristine and very comfortable.

After hectic day at family wedding..this is much more than just a crash out pad....no roll outs here...good nights rest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Alison K,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am very happy to hear about your recent stay with us and the service you have been provided with. I am proud of our team members. I am also glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and its proximity to many restaurants, shops, and other attractions.

We hope we will have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Guest Experience Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times for medical appointments. I only had one great stay and that was because I was upgraded after complaining about my first stay. The last time I stayed there was on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 and I used Priceline.com to make my reservation and paid $100for the room. The rate was way cheaper than what I paid for any of my previous stays. This last time I stayed there the room smelled so bad that I had to open the balcony door and leave it open while I was at a function that evening. I had a room in the old tower as well as my first stay there last november 2011. That time the room was so cold that I had to ask for more blankets and they gave me a space heater. The second time I stayed there which was February 8, 2012 I was upgraded to the new tower in a nice room. I only stayed there the one night as I was having surgery the next day but my sister got to reap the benefits of that room for 4 nights.
I am not sure that I will book there again because I say 3 strikes and your out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new tower.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear tannedandtwisted,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I apologize for the level of customer service you received, and can certainly imagine your disappointment. I have sent your concerns to our Rooms Division to follow up, as I can assure you this does not represent the level of service we aim to give our guests. I do hope that you had a chance to report you concerns to a manager on duty.

We hope to welcome you back for a better stay.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've stayed at the Delta Chelsea a total of 5 times now and it is always great. Watch how loud you are being here because they do tend to be kind of strict on noise level. Clean, fast check-in, and great location. Right by the eaton centre, and the pub beside it (Elephant and Castle) is great to stop by at. It will always be one of my go-to hotels when staying in Toronto.

Room Tip: Every room I've stayed in has been great. Rooms could be bigger
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Leslie L,

Thank you for taking the time to review us online.

I am very happy to hear that we are your 'go to hotel' whenever you are in Toronto, and that you enjoy our service and accommodations. I am also glad that you enjoy the location of the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

North Bay, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We always stay at the Delta Chelsea in Toronto when every we visit.
Friendly staff, beautiful rooms, excellent rate, All your need are attended to immediately.
Great hospitality. Great Hotel !!
The choice of restaurants are excellent right in the hotel. Good food and very reasonable. You can celebrate a special occasion like we did last November (2011) we had to be in Toronto for medical reasons and it was our 50th wedding Anniversary the staff of the Delta made it very special for us!! We thank you again.
The Delta is OUR only place to stay when we visit Toronto.

Room Tip: Just speak to the friendly staff!! Higher floor rooms are our preference and on the south side.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear dillig,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that we are able to accommodate you during your hospital visits in Toronto. I am also happy that our team members made your 50th wedding anniversary a very special occasion.

We hope to continue to welcome you back and we are looking forward to it.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

excellent front desk staff, efficient - but the housekeeping staff are by far the best I've ever experienced - reasonably priced and lots of food options, lovely room in the top VIP floor and a great lounge for snacks and drinks prior to dinner - best stay in Toronto

Room Tip: Go with the Signature Club rooms a little more in price but worth every penny as you get a snack as...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Valentina2012,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am very happy to hear about your recent experience with us, and I am proud of our team for having provided such excellent service. I am also glad that you have enjoyed the room and the lounge, as well as the restaurants on the main floor of the hotel.

We are looking forward to your next stay.

Hamilton
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent a night at the Delta Chelsea and upon entering our room I was shocked at how small the room was. There was only enough room for one person to walk narrowly between the tv stand and beds! The TV was of the ancient kind and it was very aged! Worst of all within one hour of being there and only speaking with my roomates (4 of us total) management knocked on our door to tell us that he could hear us 2 floors below. Impossible! The doors are so paper thin we could hear people down the hall word for word from our bathroom! We weren't being loud at all. Pehaps the hotel should invest in proper doors.

The only good thing I coud say about this hotel is that the lobby offered a number of dining options which was convenient and it was very close the Eaton Centre. But then again so are a lot of other hotels so I would never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Alisa15,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I do apologize about the disappointment you have experienced when Security Officer issued a warning. We do our best to ensure all of our guests are having a comfortable stay as well as treated with respect. We have a few airline crews staying with us on a daily basis, and since they are international guests most of the time they rest during the day. I also apologize that you did not enjoy the size of your room, as we do have larger rooms in the hotels.

We do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel could be really nice, but in it's current condition, I would say that it's only a 2 star hotel. The bed was comfortable and the linens seemed relatively new. The hotel is in a great location with many excellent restaurants and shopping nearby, but other than that, I don't have much good to say. The wall paper is peeling of the walls. The furniture is old and worn. The paint on the balcony is rusted and peeling. The towels in the bathroom are old and grey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear paulyrich,

I would like to thank you for taking the time complete our online review.

I was disappointed to hear that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations, and would like to apologize for the disappointment you felt. I can promise you that this does not represent the usual high level of service we work hard to provide our guests with. We are curerntly in the process of scheduling renovations for our balconies.

We do hope that we will have the privilege to welcome you back in the future.