“Delta Chelsea, we are always pleased.”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #59 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Delta Chelsea, we are always pleased.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hello, back to the Delta Chelsea. I was a bit surprised this time as the room was smaller than I have had before. But, then I realized that it had been updated, was clean, quiet, and had everything I needed. It met all of my needs, and I was very comfortable there. I was able to walk to my work meeting, which was a delight. I find all of the staff very friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear MaggieK126,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us online.

I am very happy to hear about your reecent experience with us and that we were able to provide you with great service, clean and comfortable room. I am also glad you have enjoyed the location of the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcominf you back soon.

Guest Experience Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Blue Mountains, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2012

From the tarnished brass on the elevator grab rail to the peeling wall paper in my room the place is in need of an intervention. The HVAC system sounded like a jet taking off I wish I could find something nice to say.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MikeCanuk56
Dear MikeCanuk56,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am disappointed to hear that you found your stay unsatisfactory, and were unable to note anything nice about your stay. We have a dedicated team of employess working hard to ensure our guests have a good stay, and I am disappointed we were unable to accomplish that during your stay. We have renovated rooms on the lower floors of the hotel, and we are currently in the process of scheduling the next phase of renovations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for a better stay.

Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We managed to get a room for two nights at excellent value using Priceline. I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times over the years but not in the last four. I found the room and halls to be 'tired' - maybe it was the particular floor (6th floor) that we were on. The room cleaner did not show up until 3:00 p.m. on the second day that we decided to just ask for towels. Breakfast in the Delta 'Market' is still expensive. We still like the Chelsea because of its exxcellent location. Parking is $29 a day but one would pay tis anywhere in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear roamingprofessor,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I apologize that you found your room to be looking tired. We are currently in the process of scheduling the next phase of renovations in order to upgrade our product and provide better service to our guests. I am glad that though that you enjoy the location of the hotel and what it has to offer with the area around us.

We are looking forward to your next stay.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

First trip to Delta Celsea. Looks good but it took four attempts to get a half decent room and I'm not a fussy person. Room 1 bed squeaked and would have kept us awake; Room 2 no electric; Room 3 we were assured would be great but it was actually next to 3 elevators which were very noisy; Room 4 was ok but hairs in the bathroom were an unpleasant addition and the desk should have been in the bin. The receptionist we dealt with was sharp and we were made to feel that we were fussy. As I say only ok.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room, none of our rooms had a good vista.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Lesley K,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I was disappointed to hear that you had so many chanllenges while staying with us, and I sincerely apologize about that. We strive to provide our guests with the appropriate and comfortable room, and I can see that we have failed.

We do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the future for a much better experience.

Owen Sound
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We got a good deal through Travelzoo but it was not worth the 109$ a night. The room needed a lot of work, peeling wallpaper, dirty look to the whole room. We were on the 23rd floor and while the lower rooms we heard had been renovated, the upper rooms look like they haven't been touched since the 90s.

Compared to other hotels we have stayed in recently, the room was cramped and dark. With the amount of turn around one would think that they would try to make the rooms up-to-date as much as possible, but the TV was not of this century and I was never able to get the wireless internet working. Also heard from friends about the less than savoury reputation after we booked, definitely won't return. Definitely would never bring children.

It was hard to get a good nights rest, everything that happens in the hall does not stay in the hall. Didn't feel safe walking alone in some of the hallways. Definite change from when I stayed in 2007.

1 Thank Wattski80
Dear Wattski80,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and most of all did not feel safe. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously, and always encourge to contact our Security Team if there are any concerns. We have recently renovated all of our corridors and our guest rooms on the lower floors 4-9 and continually upgrade our guest rooms and features. We have installed iPod docking stations and LCD flat screen TVs in the majority of our upgraded rooms and hope to finish the process soon.

We do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Dasha Bortosova
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The rooms were OK. Free internet, The staff was friendly and helpful. The meeting rooms were fine but excessive charge for internet in them. The Deli restaurant was good and went out of their way in providing service that made up for the excessive Canadian prices.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear jastraub,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the service and the rooms we have provided, and also enjoyed the Market Garden restaurant. I do apologize that you found the prices to be higher than expected.

We do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back.

Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights on vacation.
The positives - Beds are super comfy and some staff extremely helpful. Room across from us yelling and screaming at 4am - was dealt with swiftly (once front desk answered the phone...). 2 pools - one for familys and one adults only. Family pool has water slide open some hours of the day, also have an arcade lounge for the teenagers. Is located only a few minutes walking distance from Yonge/Dundas square and Eaton centre. Also located in between Dundas and College station if interested in using TTC, $3 can pretty much get you anywhere in the city once you figure out the setup.
The negatives - Don't expect front desk to answer your room phone - call from your cell phone if you ever have a problem, they don't answer the room phones (well not the one from our room at least) and when you confront them about it "the phone hasn't rung and it's never been reported to them". Sirens are noisey when they are traveling down Yonge street (common occurance). Rooms are small and sign on our room door showed $569/night for 1 person!!!Found an odd colour on ceiling above bathtub - obviously been painted over many times ? from mold.... Went to the hotel "club/bar/lounge" on a Saturday night - ordered 3 drinks, all 3 of them made wrong and came to $21!!! Surprisingly a few people around though.
Overall an okay stay, nothing spectacular about this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Tiffany T,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am am disappointed to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us due to the size of your rooms as well as that you were unable to reach Front Desk from your room. I have reported this issue to the Maintenance Department to double check the lines and to ensure our guests are able to reach Front Desk whenever needed. I sincerely apologize about this matter. I am glad that you found the beds comfortable and the service friendly.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.