“Brilliant hotel, perfect location!”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #59 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Leeds
“Brilliant hotel, perfect location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

This hotel is just great! It has everything you would want and the location is amazing. The housekeeping was excellent and the place seemed friendly and warm throughout the stay. It's safe for kids and they loved the games room, and the pool and spa was brilliant for the whole family. We loved the on site bar/club which has great live music nights.
I can't praise this hotel highly enough for the price and would definately book again.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank qwertymnbvc
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us.

I was pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that your kids enjoyed their activities as well. I am glad to heart that our team members have been able to make a difference during your stay and you found the location convenient for your plans in Toronto.

Happy Holidays and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed at the Delta Chelsea on Sunday, December 11, 2011 on a Groupon deal. The hotel is conveniently located 2 blocks north of the Eaton Centre.

The room was comfortable and clean but for what the hotel normally charges, nothing special. I was not impressed at the $13.95 daily charge for Wifi. There is no need for that in this day and age.

There are so many other hotels in downtown Toronto that do not charge nearly as much and offer free Wifi. I doubt I'd stay at the Delta Chelsea again unless it is a deeply discounted deal.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

As a company, it is our mission to create communities guests can rely on for the comfort and emotional support they can’t take with them when they leave home.

We currently offer complimentary wireless Internet in the lobby, and assure you we are keeping track of the demand for wireless Internet. We understand the importance wireless Internet can play in choosing a hotel; I have sent your feedback to our Rooms Division, as they are currently looking further into installing wireless Internet in the hotel. Also, we offer complimentary Internet to our Delta Privilege members and the Signature Club room guests. Singing up for our membership is free and easy on our website for Delta Hotels.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

The Toronto Chelsea Delta is an OK business hotel convenient to the medical center and with a block of good restaurants across the street. The room was small but comfortable. The wifi ($15.00) was flaky, becoming inaccessible at one point. The breakfast was abysmal - they had a cafeteria style breakfast with different stations serving mostly pre-prepared food, coldish home fries, abysmal pastries.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Playaneuron
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for reviewing us.

I was disappointed to hear that even though you found our rooms comfortable that you did not enjoy your breakfast. I apologize for the service and the quality you have had a chance to experience, and would like to assure you that this does not represent the level of service we aim to give our guests. I have forwarded your comments to the Director of Food and Beverage to review and follow up.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

We use this hotel a lot for business and personal trips. It is dated in some of the regular rooms, but if you get can get a great deal for the signature club rooms it is definately worth it. The breakfast room is great and has a great view. And the rooms are up to date and comfortable. Monarch's Pub is also a great place to have a drink, listen to some bands, and meet new people. We had one Bartender there named Sharon and she was very friendly and had lots of information and helped make our night more enjoyable! I would definatly stay there again!

Room Tip: upgrade to the deluxe or signature rooms if your budget allows as they are defiantly better rooms...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mjhoc
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for reviewing us.

I was pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that Sharon made a difference, and provided you with great service. These days, not many people have a lot of time to spare. By taking 15 minutes to tell us how we are doing, you are helping on our journey to continuously improve the level of service we are providing to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ennismore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

your hotel was so very accomodating for our family while our granddaughter was going in for surgery at sick kids, We stayed with you last year when my husband had heart surgery and everyone there is so kind and thoughtful, I will recommend you at any time . It came up in conversation today with one of my friends and I believe they are going to come there next week, thank you again, my granddaughter enjoyed her dinner and pool experience which took her mind off the next day hospital experience E Scott

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ena S
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am glad to hear that your husband had a successful heart surgery, and I hope your granddaughter is recovering well after her surgery. I was pleased to hear that our team members have been able to make your stay more enjoyable at time when it is not so easy to relax. I hope all is well with your family and we wish you and your family Happy Holidays. We hope to see you in the new year but this time for pleasure and leisure, and not for a hospital stay.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed there for one night Dec 12th/2011.
The location of the hotel is perfect. Walking distance to Yonge and Dundas Square, Eaton Centre, College Park, etc! Can't get a better location than that!

There was some mix ups at check in. I was supposed to get a King bed deluxe room but they told me there weren't any left so I was given a standard Queen bedded room which I was fine with - only there for 1 night . I went into the room and it was a complete mess and at 8:00 PM!! They did apologize quickly and got me a upgrade deluxe Queen bed room with no balcony.

The room was fine, nothing fancy or spectacular. Spacious, especially the bathroom (no tub though),clean and pretty quiet. The best feature of this room /hotel is the bed. SO COMFORTABLE. The pillows were amazing too- like I was sleeping on marshmallows!

I'll stay here again because of the location and convenience - and the beds!!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are better with either a Queen or King Bed. Many have balconies but you'll have to...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jooolz1976
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us.

I would like to apologize for the error at the time of check in and that the room given to you was not ready. However, I am glad that you had a good night's sleep, and I am pleased that you found the location convenient.

We look forward to your return.

Delta Chelsea Hote
Sault Ste. Marie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have been staying at the Delta Chelsea Toronto for the last 32 years. I have seen many changes and they are always for the better. What I really ejnoy about the hotel is that many of the employees have been there a very long time, and know me by name. It adds a great personal touch for myself. Also Gary Myers, the manager has been there for the same length of time that I have been staying there, and we have got know each on a first name basis. Anytime there is something I would need or inquire about, the staff is always right there to help me with it. Never have to wait. Their rewards program is the greatest too! Lots of great deals when you join that. And it is also free!

Room Tip: Every room is great.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Norcat61
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us.

I was pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed your Birthday. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional service and memorable experiences, and I am glad we were able to that for you.

We hope to welcome you back for other special occasions and share your experiences with us.