“Hotel halfway between Yorkville Shops and Finacial Business Center”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #60 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
new york
“Hotel halfway between Yorkville Shops and Finacial Business Center”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is located halfway between uptown Yorkville Shops and downtown Finacial Business Center. The hotel has been around since the 1970's and has 2 extra additions over the years, so if you stay in the newer section it's a 3+ star hotel but the oldest section is pretty much a 2 star hotel. The hotel has underground parking but it will not take an SUV over 6' ft. The loddy has a large and open cafeteria restuarant everything is al a cart, for breakfast if your hungry, I would suggest going to the morning buffet restuarant $18.95 + taxes also located in the lobby, as it could be very expensive to order a lot of food in the cafeteria. I have eaten at the morning buffet before and found the food good, but this time the food was not that good, eggs beny where too dried up (left too long in the steamer) and bacon over cooked but the Continental Buffet side was fine and is cheaper $14.95, so before you decide whether to go for the full buffet or the continental check it out first. This is a very family friendly hotel lots of kids on weekends. The hotel is an all round type hotel that caters to both business traveler and holiday traveler. Staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer section on check-in
2 Thank northknight3
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, November 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

As a company, it is our mission to create communities guests can rely on for the comfort and emotional support they can’t take with them when they leave home.

I was glad your overall experience was enjoyable and that you found the location convenient for your activities. I have sent your comments to our Rooms Division and Food and Beverage departments to follow up on our areas of opportunity.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Happy Holidays,

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stay at this hotel a few times a year. Usually the place is clean and comfortable. Rooms can be small in some areas but overall are not bad. Beds are amazingly comfortable. Construction noise can be an issue with the new condos being built north and west of the property.
I would recommend people join the Privilege program for the check-in speed and the free internet.
My last stay this past Friday was okay except for the hairy sink!!
I stay more often here than most other downtown hotels.

Room Tip: Use Privilege program. Ask for upgraded rooms if available.
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us.

I was pleased to hear that you always have a wonderful stay with us. It is our goal as a company to provide our guests with a comfortable stay and exceptional service. I apologize about the cleanliness of your bathroom, and I have forwarded your comments to the Housekeeping manager to follow up with the team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Happy Holidays

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This is a wonderful elegant hotel in the heart of Toronto. The rooms are spotless and luxurious. The beds are fantastic, not to mention the giant bathroom! The service at this hotel is second to none. The staff is cheerful, polite and beyond helpful. I stay at this hotel every time I am in Toronto, sometimes we go to Toronto just so we can stay at the Delta.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andrew b
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I was happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and found the rooms clean and beds comfortable. As a company we work hard to provide our guests with a memorable experience and a comfortable stay.

We are looking forward to your next stay and Happy Holidays.

London, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I spent a few nights at the Delta Chelsea in Toronto. The hotel is one (if not the) biggest hotel in Canada. It felt like a zoo sometimes, but I didn't mind that. The hotel is a bit old, which is evident by the worn out furniture in the room. The location of the hotel is excellent, being a three minute walk from Dundas Square/Eaton Centre. The room doesn't have wifi, but does have an Ethernet Internet connection. It comes with the room, as you'd have to pay a daily fee for it (unless you're a Delta Privileged member).

Toronto
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I recently purchased a discounted rate for a room at the Delta Chelsea in Downtown Toronto. Lots of companies do this, mine was from Travelocity. My complaint is that they shud tell you that you are not getting a deal, which is how they portray this, you are just paying less for an inferior room. Once I complained I was told that we could pay extra for the renovated more modern redecorated room. The room had stains on the sofa chair. All the furniture was scratched or gouged, carpet was dirty. Bathroom faucets did not work. Bathtub drain was broken and dirty. I am ok with getting what you pay for but that should be my choice not false advertising.

Room Tip: You pay the premium amount and will receive the better room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joanne13

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations, and would like to apologize for the disappointment you felt. I can promise you that this does not represent the usual high level of service we work hard to provide our guests with. I am pleased to let you know we have renovated all of our corridors and our guest rooms on the lower floors and continually upgrade our guest rooms and features. We have installed iPod docking stations and LCD flat screen TVs in the majority of our upgraded rooms and hope to finish the process soon.

I have sent your comments to our Rooms Division to follow up with your concerns, and can assure you your feedback has not been taken lightly.

We look forward to welcoming you back and Happy Holidays.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Key West, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I have stayed, and will continue to stay at this hotel. Reasonable rooms, most of which are up to date. Clean with an unbeatable guarantee - if the cleanliness isn't up to snuff, your first night is free. I have in fact received one of these free nights.

Last night's stay had a few bumps: an old technology television with not great picture quality. And more frustrating: the blasted key card wouldn't work. I can't stand having to go back to the front desk to fix a problem that shouldn't happen. It is a big enough hotel to make this a nuisance, particularly when one is on a timeline. This has happened to me on a number of occasions at this hotel, which til now I've assumed has been an infrequent problem. Now, they need to do something about it.

Still, the Delta Chelsea is a reliable friend. Great location, good service, reasonable food service, good loyalty program. I will stay again and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for reviewing us.

I was pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. However, I apologize for the issues you have experienced with your key card. Some of the reasons that keys get deactivated is if is kept close to magnetic items such as cell phones or credit card, then the strip gets wiped out. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and the matter has been addressed with the maintenance department.

We are also in the process of replacing TVs in the rooms to improve the quality of the experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Do not under any circumstances accept a room that faces Gerrard. Construction starts across the street at 7:00 am sharp!

Hotel is too big for it's own good and too dated to be of value. Rooms are relatively small. There is no wi-fi in most rooms and where there is it costs $14 every day - as does the hard-wired internet access. Market Garden has lots of choice - of very ordinary and expensive food. Only benefit is its location.

• Stayed November 2011
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, November 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am sorry for the disturbance you experienced while you were here with us, and can certainly understand your disappointment. We do our best to assign guests to rooms on the south side; due to limited room types and high levels of occupancy we are not always able to do so. I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

We currently offer complimentary wireless Internet in the lobby, and assure you we are keeping track of the demand for wireless Internet. We understand the importance wireless Internet can play in choosing a hotel. As well, Internet is complimentary for our guests in the Signature Club and our Delta Privilege members. Membership is free and easy to sign up for on the Delta Hotels website.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Happy Holidays