“great place”

Montecassino Place Suites Hotel
Ranked #113 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Montecassino... Location was great ..it was very enjoyable...Room was great, bed was very comfortable ,linens were very clean (something I'm fussy about). Staff was extremely friendly & accommodating
I would highly recommend this Hotel

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Mike S

Reviewed January 30, 2012

i stayed at the Montecassino and had no problems at all. i had a friendly check-in , had my daily service, cant complain, and checked out. I stayed a week and didn't experience any of the problems other guests have mentioned.

Id stay at the Montecassino again.

Room Tip: Second floor is newly renovated ... :-)
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank bibi j
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I was a guest at a wedding in January at Montecassino. The food and service was excellent!!
I also stayed that evening at the hotel and it was great ! Hotel lobby looks really nice. Room was nice and clean. Good Price. and the continent breakfast was included the next day.
No issues at all.
Cheers

Room Tip: i heard they are renovating all rooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Len C
Reviewed January 24, 2012

If you are looking to stay in Toronto this is the place to go....easy access to the subway system, major highways and all of the major attractions. Don't know why there are so many negative comments since, for the money, this is the best deal in the city...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank janine12
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Pros: Cheap, close to where we needed to be, large room with fridge and
microwave, somewhat clean & safe. The hallway was really pretty, and the free
breakfast was on par with what I’d get at home (aka questionable coffee and cold
cereal.)

Cons: Lobby is not well marked, we wandered around downstairs several times
getting lost before having to ask where we check in. Cleanliness was iffy with a lot
of crud along the wall, and there was a large mysterious crusty stain on the carpet
by the bed. We were only given two tiny towels in our room, and when we asked for
facecloths we were informed that the hotel was really full and there was a shortage
of towels. The microwave was on a table that was nowhere near an electrical outlet,
so we had to preform a little redecorating to make it usable.

Yet, with all of this I’d still stay there again if in the area based on the fact it was
super cheap, the front desk was nice, it was safe, and while there was a cleanliness
issue I survived.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ForeverHeidi
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I used that hotel for placing Russian artists touring North America.
Very good location "above Toronto".
Very reasonable rates.
Service was not bad.
If you want something comfortable though choose another place. This one needs renovation and furniture replacement.
The matresses are just terrible. You feel like in very cheap motel there.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Toronto_s_Bear
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stayed here once before. This time we stayed here 3 nights.

The rooms are big! We have a queen room which has a separate living space with sofa bad, coffee table, desk, tv and fridge. When we checked in, there were NO towels, hairdryer, extra pillows, blankets, iron or ironing board. All are listed as included with the room. When we told the deck and went out for the day, we returned to towels for 1 person(there were 2 of us) and nothing else was added. I had to tell the desk again that there were not enough towels or hair dryer when we left the next day and they put in more towels but still no hair dryer. Luckily, I brought my own travel hairdryer, just in case.

We stayed her because it was close to family and the price was not too bad at $93 a night with AAA discount but I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple