Grand Hotel & Suites
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$275
$151
$129
Travelocity
2,136 results
All reviewsmusic videoscitrus restaurantrooftop terracehot tub on the roofeaton centrejarvis streetbreakfast buffetindoor poolhomeless peoplehome friessmall kitchenettebedroom suitefresh fruitthe sofa bedshuttle servicesitting areast lawrence market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2006

We have just returned from a superb stay at The Grand (2 adults & 2 kids aged 18 & 11). From the moment we checked in till the moment we left the staff were excellent, particularly Alex & Lito the doormen. Nothing seemed too much trouble for anyone at the hotel, despite what I have read elsewhere. Our accommodation was first class (thanks for the upgrade) with 2 en suite bathrooms which suited us perfectly. The amenities at The Grand are fantastic - the rooftop hot tubs are a must and the pool & gym are both excellent. Our complimentary breakfast set us up nicely each day, with a good selection for all tastes. The only downside to the hotel (which is compensated for by the service & amenities) is the surrounding area. This is scruffy & rundown, with a few homeless hostels nearby, which resulted in lots of beggars hanging around. We didn't experience any bother with these guys but it wasn't conducive to a night-time stroll to take in the sights. Overall, I would have no hesitation in recommending The Grand, and if I return to Toronto, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
13  Thank KJS2003
Reviewed October 10, 2006

This hotel is great once you're inside. However, be careful walking around here at night. There are quite a few seedy joints surrounding this area, and people to match.

The hotel inside is clean and new, so it would be good if the surrounding area started cleaning up in order to attract more business.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank Dingaling
Reviewed September 9, 2006

I stayed at the Grand Hotel last week (September 4). I was really impressed by this hotel's level of service and professionalism. Since it is a smaller hotel, I really felt at home compared to some of the larger hotels that I have stayed at before in Toronto. The hotel was relatively close to the eaton center and the financial district. Also having access to the internet and business center services was quite helpful. The pool was also quite large and I used it quite a bit.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
15  Thank toddsande1
Reviewed September 3, 2006

Stayed at the Grand Toronto last week for the first time and left very satisfied. Service was friendly from the front desk staff to the restaurant staff and housepersons.

Stayed in a deluxe room which was quite spacious and comfortable. Enough room to work and relax. Wireless internet was free and worked throughout the hotel.

The restaurant had a very unique dinner menu and the breakfast buffet was quite generous.

The pool and whirlpools were great. The fitness room is quite large and the equipment is great.

I enjoyed my stay and would return.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
18  Thank mikedelaney123
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Having stayed at hotels such as the Four Seasons, King Edward, Royal York and Sutton Place, I must admit I was a bit skeptical as to whether the Grand Hotel could live up to my high hotel expectations, but I was in for a pleasant surprise!

As soon as we arrived I noticed the beautiful reception area and the huge dining room and terrace. The staff were so friendly and when we checked into our room I was amazed! Huge high ceilings, a two storey loft-style gorgeous room, the most comfortable bed and- 24 hour room service!

The Grand has an excellent work-out facility, with both cardio machines and weights, and the pool decor reminds me of a greek vacation. Afterwards, we went up to the rooftop jacuzzis and watched some muchmusic on the giant t.v screen.

I escpecially loved the buffet breakfast and I recommend the "Dean Martin shrimp cocktail" to anyone going for dinner at the delicious Citrus restaurant.

Overall, the staff, atmosphere and service of the Grand Hotel has made it my new favorite spot and I will recommend it to anyone visiting the downtown Toronto area. Thanks again! :)

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple