“Nice hotel as you'd expect”

Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #53 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
London, UK
“Nice hotel as you'd expect”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Stayed for one night, large rooms, clean and comfortable. Only difficulty was in checking in, I'd booked two rooms for myself and another family, trouble was I the wrong surname of the other family member so we had trouble convincing the receptionist that the room was for them- even though I'd paid for it on the same credit card! Sense prevailed in the end but I could have done without it- hence the rating.

Parking was C$20 for 24 hours

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank ASyed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 29, 2009

First the pros:

Very nice facility. Located very near Toronto Int'l. Rooms are very comfortable, quiet and clean. Conference facilities and banquet service was excellent. A very nice place to stay and/or hold a business conference.

The few negatives:

A VERY pricey place. 1 night stay here was CAN$270+ by the time I figured in all the taxes & internet fees etc onto my CAN$199.00 nightly rate. Parking is not free. Even in our conference facitlity charge our attendees only got a CAN$10.00 parking discount.

IF I could make the finances work, I'd stay here again. But if I were on a tighter budget....

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank hatlad
New Hampshire
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Upside - bedding super comfortable, HD TV in the room (had some Boston stations!), good size bathroom, nice shower, excellent fitness room. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Downside - Daily parking fee, internet free (wireless) in lobby area, but wired and expensive in room. Restaurant expensive. Had problems with elevators during my stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BuckyRottweiler
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2009

A dull concrete exterior covers an otherwise very plush airport hotel. The room was a good size and everything worked including the flatscreen TV... In the Uk very few Marriotts have this. The bed was beautifully comfy. We had an evening meal which was cooked well with good service. We also had room service breakfast which was delivered on time, hot and correct, but was expensive, almost $50 for the 2 of us! This was a pleasant place to stay the night before my flight, being well sound insulated too. You wouldn't stay here if you wanted to see the sights and theres really nothing nearby, other than the airport, but I would definitely stay again if I am taking a flight from Toronto.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob P
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Stayed overnight for business. Chose the hotel because of the Marriott bed, and was not disappointed! Great hotel fitness centre, AMAZING restaurant. Has been updated to the new Marriott look and feel, but still has 80's elements, like the tub/toilet/sink. Front desk service was outstanding. Overall, good Marriott property.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank edm_IT_traveller
Virginia
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Gray on the outside, beautiful on the inside.

As far as airport hotels go, this one is near the top for me.

Renovations have done wonders -- excellent restaurant, pleasant lobby, very nice rooms.

Shuttle to the terminals every 25 minutes, though it does stop at other properties. About a half-hour taxi ($45 Canadian) to downtown.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Kanata, ON
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I have stayed at the Marriott Toronto Airport a couple times in the last two months and have not been impressed with the property and the management. The biggest problem stemmed from the fact that they were not able to handle multiple individual bookings and combine them into one reservation. I had made sure to advise of this situation on check in; however, while I was away on a business trip my wife was made to vacate our room by a misinformed housekeeper. The situation could have been easily been resolved with a call to the front desk and a suitable response by the manager. They treated my wife like a squatter and did not believe her when she said she was my wife as my name was filed under the reservation and I was unavailable to answer my phone. For all this, they took off my parking charge for the visit, which was a nice gesture but left me far from being satisfied for the damage their blunder had caused. I stay at Marriott properties quite often, and this one does not fall into the same quality level from the service to the rooms. It should be classed as a 3 star property as there are much better options in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank reclermo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#72 of 136 in Toronto
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#68 of 136 in Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel

Been to Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!