“nice Stay at this Airport Mariott in Toronto”

Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #55 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Hyderabad, India
“nice Stay at this Airport Mariott in Toronto”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

for this short Toronto Trip, we did went there for 2 Nights and we can say, that it is a good hotel with a nice and friendly Customerservice there. Cosy Place to stay Room was clean and good outfitted. Not far away from Hotel, have been few very good and typical Restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Tis hotel is nice and what you can expect from a standard 4 star airport hotel. The front desk staff is really really nice. I book with priceline.com and I find normally most hotels are a bit rude to you when you check in (cause you booked with a discounted website). This hotel was so nice they also sad hey had discount parking and free wifi for priceline.cpm guests!!! Will stay here again.

Room Tip: We just had a standard room and it was good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

...which was the strange (1970s?) bedroom/bathroom design. But before I get onto that, I would emphasise that with that one objection aside, everything about this hotel was good for our purposes: a family of four with parents introducing No 2 son and his GF to Canada.

Shuttle service from the airport was splendid, not least because our driver was a huge fan of English football clubs. Staff in the hotel were charming, helpful and friendly. Bistro was good both for evening meal and breakfast.

Now that one objection. Coming in to the bedroom, a spur to the side holds the wash basin and the wardrobe. Beyond that spur is the bathroom, holding toilet and tub. But sorry, there is something wrong with this layout. You've been to the loo, and you cannot wash your hands without grasping the door handle. So that door handle must be the most contaminated object in the arrangement.

This design fault is unfortunately the one thing that can't easily be changed, and yet is probably the only thing that needs to be changed. All else is good and overall the hotel is to be recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The "At Your Service" line rang for a total of 10 minutes with no answer. They use the same number for Room Service and Front Desk, so there is no way to dial another number. I let it ring so long the system eventually hung up on me. I even tried pushing the Emergency Medical button on the phone...no answer. I had to physically walk downstairs to order a room service dinner. When I got there I found three front desk attendants with zero clients in front of them. Why not roll the calls over? I asked the Manager. No adequate response ("The Operators are very busy but I'll make sure this doesn't happen again.") but they did provide dinner for free. Still, just terrible service. I don't care how busy the operators are--provide backup. Leaving a guest calling for ten minutes is appalling service.

Other than that, the hotel is not bad but barely worthy of the Marriott name. The place is old, the carpet is dated, the room service menu is shockingly limited, but it is clean and close to the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here when the hotel attached to Pearson Airport was fully booked. Found it surprisingly comfortable, quiet, nice beds, and very clean. Was able to book last minute on Priceline and got a good deal. We had a bit of difficulty at check in because of the lateness of the Priceline booking (it hadn't shown up on the hotel files yet), but using the confirmation number got us through. We even had an incident where we dropped our breakfast tray when it was being delivered, but the staff were quick to jump in and bring us another, which we very much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JonHolliwell, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear E-travelchick,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We were thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay.

I was also pleased to see that the Room Service team reacted quickly to your concern.

Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My first interaction was the front desk clerk and she was fabulous! She had noted the length of my stay and within minutes, she had voluntarily changed my assigned room, to one that she felt would be nicer for my stay. The view from the south facing room was fabulous as it looked over the golf course, the outside courtyard and the east end of one of Toronto's busiest runways. It was so unique watching planes on their final approach, that I left my curtains open all night so that I could watch them. Yes they were close but, as they were on their final approach there was little to no noise. Just passengers looking out their windows as I looked back at them!
In past I have stayed at this property for quick overnights on international flight connections but this visit was five nights. This is a typical Marriott property and the rooms are exactly what you would expect for a higher end premium location. They are clean with in-room work stations, fine "Bath & Body Works" toiletries and ultra comfortable beds. There was no bar fridge in my room though, other rooms may have them. There is a fabulous pool area with a fitness centre.
This was my base for two separate conventions. One was held at this hotel and the second was at the Toronto Convention Centre. Rather than move, I elected to stay at the airport and commute. The rates for his hotel are comparable to what I would have paid in downtown Toronto, making this airport location seem a little pricey.
All in all, this is a very good hotel and for me, worth the extra money! I will be back again.

Room Tip: The south looking rooms face the end of one of Toronto's busiest runways so the north side is qu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Baudley,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ive never had such bad customer service in my life worst hotel I have stayed at, and I wasn't the only one having problems that night at least 4 other parties of people had the same exact problems and couldn't get rooms they reserved. I am never booking with this hotel. To get a room we waited an 1.5 hrs. It was stupid. Rooms were nice tho, I recommend finding a different place. Also terrible hearing all the airplanes while trying to sleep.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jenn8510
Dear Jenn8510,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was terribly sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with the time it took to get checked in to our hotel.

We reviewed the situation and determined that this was an extraordinary circumstance and certainly that is not the norm.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Director of Hotel Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#66 of 136 in Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 136 in Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel

Been to Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!