New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #52 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Scotland
“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for one night before flying home. We used the courtesy bus to travel from the airport to the hotel. It drops off at several hotels in the area on route, it took less than 10 mins to get to hotel and runs every 20 mins. We checked in and were given a room with 2 queen beds, unfortunately there was a smell of drains from this room and we were immeditely offered a different room. This time we were given a king sized suite, it was amazing. We were given a late check out of 5pm free of charge too. All staff were excellent and very helpful. We were entitled to continental breakfast free of charge but paid the additional $5 for full buffet, well worth it. We used the swimming pool, which is larger than it looks on hotel website, again this was good. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Let me just give a huge shout out to the staff to start. I was coming in late and was extremely tired, and they were extremely nice and friendly. I first walk in, with the knowledge that parking was $19 CAD, and then due to Marriott Platinum status, that was waived. Concierge lounge was closed over the weekend, extra 750 points or continental breakfast. Took the points. Booked just a standard, king room. Upgraded to HUGE suite with dining room, living room, huge bathroom with two sinks, and a separate bedroom with that extremely comfortable signature Marriott bed.

Everything was perfect. Although I did not have use for the dining or living room since I was only staying for one night, it was still nice to look at I guess. The room was extremely clean, comfortable, and everything was simply perfect. Kudos to the staff for making this such a perfect stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a shuttle that picks up at the airport, very pleasant staff, good options for food, and nice conference facilities.

I was coming in close to midnight, and then my flight was delayed over an hour. I called to let the hotel know I would have a late check-in. They made a note and were ready for me when I arrived.

I was hungry when I got in and they had salads and fruit available for purchase all night.

The room wasn't large but was very comfortable. The pillows were awesome!

• Stayed June 2013
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was there for the flood/power outage a couple weeks ago. The staff went out of there way to make everyone comfortable. They handed out free waters and had the kitchen make extra cold sandwhiches. The GM stayed late and handled all the issues related to the storm like a champ.

The property itself is just a typical airport Marriott. My only complaint would be the breaksfast buffet. $22 for substandard fare. But the service has earned my loyalty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Thank goodness we only had to stay for one night. I told my family (six of us) that if we were scheduled to stay for more than one night we would find a new hotel. The cleaners leave their full trash bags at the end of the hall until someone else comes by and picks them up which was around 6 pm. The shower floor needed a good scrubbing of bleach. The grout was very discolored. No trash can in the bedroom (but thank goodness there was a full trash bag right out side our room.)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rochester Hills, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

In late May, we stayed here overnight while in transit. The hotel’s a cookie-cutter Marriott business-convention property, tastefully renovated with comfortable beds. Although very close to YYZ, our room was quiet. Check-in was quick, but the hotel had a large number of youth moving between the indoor pool, the lobby (free wifi) and their rooms, thus it took about 15-25 minutes (!) each trip to reach our room.

We attempted to take-out from their restaurant, but they were not willing to do so, instead telling us to order from room service. We travel frequently and rarely encounter this; we were seeking to informally enjoy our meal in our room while watching the hockey game and do not feel we should have to pay for a formal service we do not want. Thus, we purchased sandwiches from their snack shop (if you’re hungry, they’re OK).

Check-out was smooth, but we were charged several additional dollars on our prepaid Priceline reservation (as a percentage of the rate, this is the most I’ve ever been charged in taxes for a hotel room). There was complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby, and (just as it arrived) the shuttle departed on-time.

Air Canada offered us an overnight option that was a third of this property. A decent experience overall but next time we'd take it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here overnight in transit via Toronto Airport. Very standard but expensive for what you get. Hence my rating. Close to the airport but you will pay 20 plus dollars for the 5 minute car ride out of hours. The courtesy bus is regular through the day - but I arrived late.

The hotel itself had rooms of a high standard in terms of size by European standards but typical of N. America. My main gripe is the cost - which was 300 dollars and not good value. Staff were nice and bed comfortable. If price is important to you, shop around. Stay here and you will stay and pay well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#62 of 135 in Toronto
4.0 of 5 stars 262 reviews
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel

Been to Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!