“WOWed for an Airport hotel - Platinum takes care of parking, upgrade and staff extremely helpful and friendly”

Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #53 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Let me just give a huge shout out to the staff to start. I was coming in late and was extremely tired, and they were extremely nice and friendly. I first walk in, with the knowledge that parking was $19 CAD, and then due to Marriott Platinum status, that was waived. Concierge lounge was closed over the weekend, extra 750 points or continental breakfast. Took the points. Booked just a standard, king room. Upgraded to HUGE suite with dining room, living room, huge bathroom with two sinks, and a separate bedroom with that extremely comfortable signature Marriott bed.

Everything was perfect. Although I did not have use for the dining or living room since I was only staying for one night, it was still nice to look at I guess. The room was extremely clean, comfortable, and everything was simply perfect. Kudos to the staff for making this such a perfect stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a shuttle that picks up at the airport, very pleasant staff, good options for food, and nice conference facilities.

I was coming in close to midnight, and then my flight was delayed over an hour. I called to let the hotel know I would have a late check-in. They made a note and were ready for me when I arrived.

I was hungry when I got in and they had salads and fruit available for purchase all night.

The room wasn't large but was very comfortable. The pillows were awesome!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was there for the flood/power outage a couple weeks ago. The staff went out of there way to make everyone comfortable. They handed out free waters and had the kitchen make extra cold sandwhiches. The GM stayed late and handled all the issues related to the storm like a champ.

The property itself is just a typical airport Marriott. My only complaint would be the breaksfast buffet. $22 for substandard fare. But the service has earned my loyalty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Thank goodness we only had to stay for one night. I told my family (six of us) that if we were scheduled to stay for more than one night we would find a new hotel. The cleaners leave their full trash bags at the end of the hall until someone else comes by and picks them up which was around 6 pm. The shower floor needed a good scrubbing of bleach. The grout was very discolored. No trash can in the bedroom (but thank goodness there was a full trash bag right out side our room.)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

In late May, we stayed here overnight while in transit. The hotel’s a cookie-cutter Marriott business-convention property, tastefully renovated with comfortable beds. Although very close to YYZ, our room was quiet. Check-in was quick, but the hotel had a large number of youth moving between the indoor pool, the lobby (free wifi) and their rooms, thus it took about 15-25 minutes (!) each trip to reach our room.

We attempted to take-out from their restaurant, but they were not willing to do so, instead telling us to order from room service. We travel frequently and rarely encounter this; we were seeking to informally enjoy our meal in our room while watching the hockey game and do not feel we should have to pay for a formal service we do not want. Thus, we purchased sandwiches from their snack shop (if you’re hungry, they’re OK).

Check-out was smooth, but we were charged several additional dollars on our prepaid Priceline reservation (as a percentage of the rate, this is the most I’ve ever been charged in taxes for a hotel room). There was complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby, and (just as it arrived) the shuttle departed on-time.

Air Canada offered us an overnight option that was a third of this property. A decent experience overall but next time we'd take it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here overnight in transit via Toronto Airport. Very standard but expensive for what you get. Hence my rating. Close to the airport but you will pay 20 plus dollars for the 5 minute car ride out of hours. The courtesy bus is regular through the day - but I arrived late.

The hotel itself had rooms of a high standard in terms of size by European standards but typical of N. America. My main gripe is the cost - which was 300 dollars and not good value. Staff were nice and bed comfortable. If price is important to you, shop around. Stay here and you will stay and pay well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I want to give this hotel a good, but since I don't have that option very good will have to do.

This hotel has:
Airport shuttle
Pool
Gym
Free breakfast
Free fruit for snacking and water in the reception area.

Overall the staff are okay.
The reception and shuttle driver not overly friendly or helpful but polite and did their jobs.
The cleaners were okay.
(Didn't want to give me an extra 3 towels when I asked and passed on daily cleaning service but then suddenly decided it was okay to give me 2.)
The maintenance man forgot to put up a sign stating the pool was closed after he put the cleaning chemicals in the pool (and after I had gone into it) and often they ran out of pool towels at the pool.

The hotel was clean. Large reception and dining area for morning buffet. 2 elevators which were needed as the hotel was very busy with tour groups.

Room was adequate size with king bed, nice duvet, desk and tv with cable and pay movies if desired. They provided toiletries and hair dryer. Bathroom was the usual in these types of hotels and very clean. I didn't notice much noise from hallway or elevator even though we were right beside it with ac/fan on.

Breakfast had many many options including cereals, toast, fruit, eggs some style, the worst turkey bacon ever, potatoes, yogurt, etc. They did a great job with breakfast aside from it getting very low near the end and the turkey bacon is like rubber so they should just do away with that or stop microwaving it.

Overall I would stay here again and its minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple