Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
$158
$150
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$275
Orbitz.com
$265
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsunderground parkingtoronto airportpark flythe concierge loungehockey tournamentroom servicefront desk stafffree shuttlean early flightbusiness travelerbreakfast buffetbit datedbeds were very comfortablestayed here for one nightchecking inlobbykeg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Staff were very pleasant and friendly at the Toronto Airport Marriott.

There were lots of restaurant choices in the immediate area.

If found the Concierge lounge food offerings a little sparse, when compared to other hotels I have stayed in of late.

As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a lovely King suite – great space and perfect for packing and unpacking. They also responded to all of my requests in my Marriott profile (which is quite rare). I heard no plane noise and had a perfect and restful sleep.

Good pool area and nice outdoor space with a couple of lounge chairs / grassed area.

Shuttle bus was very quick – it was a great choice for an airport stopover hotel and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Wembleygal
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Overall the room was very good. Housekeeping and front desk staff we also very good. Restaurant and bar staff were terrible. We spent two nights and had dinner both nights and breakfast one morning. Food was good, staff was slow, and seemed upset that we were there and needed service. They were clearly understaffed both days. We finished breakfast and it took 20 min to get our bill after our plates were taken. They had one person "serving" food and drinks to the 35 people in the bar on both nights. The bartender appeared "put out" that she had to assist.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John C
JonHolliwell, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear John C.,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for contacting the hotel directly. We absolutely appreciate your feedback about your experience. There is no doubt, that during your stay, our restaurant was busier than usual and the service we provided, was not up to our standards. As a team, we will (and have) taken this feedback to heart.

Many thanks,

Jonathan Holliwell
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was part of a group that stayed overnight for a conference. The front desk staff were extremely pleasant to deal with and seemed genuinely apologetic that our rooms were not ready (considering we were in early and it's a big hotel and there are limits to the number of housekeepers, we figured that would be the case. However, you never know your luck, so we thought we'd ask). We were able to check our bags, so that was fine.

Once the rooms were available check-in was extremely fast and pleasant and the clerk made certain to find out if I needed parking, etc.

I noticed that the pleasant demeanor of the staff extended to everyone I enountered in the two days I stayed here. Staff that I met in the corridor would always smile pleasantly and extend a "good morning" or a "good afternoon". I even had a cleaner apologize for the extension cord I stepped across while he was vacuuming (which felt kind of strange, because in my opinion, I was the one who should have apologized for getting in the way of his work).

Since meals were included with the conference, I didn't try the restaurants. However, the food that we got at the conference for both the meals and the mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks was excellent. And the food-service staff were extremely professional, going the extra step. I know that they accomodated some surprise dietary requests with aplomb. For my own example, I requested peanut butter at the breakfast buffet and the staff person made a point of bringing a whole container for anyone else who might want it. I liked the smoothly pleasant accomodation, the thoughtfulness and the lack of fuss.

The room was excellent and everything was spotlessly clean. The bed had plenty of pillows and the matress was nice and firm (I hate feeling like a mattress is going to swallow me like it's an amoeba).

I did wake up a bit early, but I'm not certain if it was my normal insomnia or whether it was a plane flying over. That is an issue--most certainly not the hotel's fault, of course: if you stay at the "Airport" Anything, you have to expect that that's going to happen.

All in all, I thought this was a great place to stay and, as it says in the heading, it's my first 5 star review.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

It seems archaic to me to charge for internet...and not even per room...PER DEVICE!! Charging for parking is bad enough but to then get to the room and be charged for internet on each device is a slap in the face! If you want to stay near the airport in a Marriott hotel, I would DEFINITELY recommend the Residence Inn...they have bigger and nicer rooms and one- or two-bedroom suites, free internet and parking and a full kitchen with a fridge (I had to specifically request a fridge at the Marriott and i fully expect that they will charge for that as well!!). The other disappointing thing was that the internet package that included "breakfast for two adults and children under 12" was changed to just "two adults" when I checked in. BTW...breakfast is included for everyone at the Residence Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Really nice property. Got a double bedded room on the top floor. I really liked the local prints in the rooms, gave them some personality. Rooms were very quiet. Never heard a soul. Incredibly comfortable beds- slept like a baby. Didn't eat at the hotel as we were mostly out and about and there were a lot of decent restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive.

Easy access to the 427 to head DT or out of town straight to Niagara. The free airport shuttle was excellent and easy to access.

I wish I had a chance to use the pool/sundeck as it looked very inviting, but was just too busy exploring.

Staff were friendly and efficient. Check-in/out were effortless.

Would definitely stay here again or recommend if a nice airport hotel is needed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends