Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
$294
$232
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsunderground parkingtoronto airportpark flythe concierge loungehockey tournamentroom servicefront desk stafffree shuttlean early flightbusiness travelerbreakfast buffetbit datedbeds were very comfortablestayed here for one nightchecking inlobbykeg
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the hotel before and after our Caribbean trip over Christmas. The underground parking is a definite 'draw' for us as one hates to scrape the car after returning home to a past snowstorm. We were happy to have scored a wonderful price as compared to other times of the year! The lobby was decorated tastefully for Christmas with a gorgeously decorated tree in the center of the seating area. Beautiful. :-) As well, several departments had had a contest for the best gingerbread house and guests were asked to vote on them, which were located on a long table. It was fun!

The front desk staff cannot do enough for the guests. They are so friendly and professional, it really is a treat. In fact, their shuttle to the airport doesn't begin until 4 a.m. As we wanted to be at the airport before that time., one of the receptionists called the van the night before and had them come early to pick us up. What great service THAT is!

Our rooms were lovely and roomy. The king-size bed is extremely comfy. The television has good reception. A large chair with ottoman provides for relaxing, reading or watching t.v.

We always enjoy staying at the Marriott!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wegothere
JonHolliwell, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Wegothere,

That you for posting this review. We were thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay.

I have personally thanked the Front Desk, and our Shuttle Service for making accomodations for your early flight. I am glad that worked out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Holliwell
Director of Hotel Operations
Toronto Airport Marriott

P.S. The Front Desk won the gingerbread decorations contest, with their "Who-ville" design. They get a pizza party at their next staff meeting.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My daughter, wife and I had stayed there for a few nights thinking of the reputation of Marriott. The check in process is BAD. Wonder how much they really care about the customers. Feels like they just want you out to accommodate the next VICTIM!
Anyway, no soap, shampoo, toothpaste and other amenities in the room. When I requested some, they felt agitated and we never saw our soaps or paste.
And to top it all off, I accidentally left some clothes in the room. After reaching home I called them and they promised they would call us back to notify if they found the clothes or not.
WE NEVER HEARD FROM THEM….
My 9 year old daughter still makes fun of me to take them to “the worst hotel in the world”.
From a brand like Marriott, I expected a bit better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank flyinhuq

Dear Flyinhuq,

I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. The experience you describe is not at all up to our standards.

While we normally don't provide toothepaste, it is extremely abnormal to be checked into a room without shampoo or other amenities. I am also sorry to hear that you did not receive these items when you called for them.

If you would like to contact the hotel again regarding your lost and found items, please feel free.

Please accept our apologies and if possible, please apologize to your daughter for us as well.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Holliwell
Director of Hotel Operation
Toronto Airport Marriott.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Excellent, personalized service. Clean, clean, clean. Underground parking for extended travel (who wants to come home from a sunny holiday and have to clear ice and snow off their car?)
Always warm and welcoming. They go the extra mile.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Maureen M
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The pros:
Nice rooms, spacious lobby, friendly staff, surrounded by plenty of places to eat and drink - some even within walking distance. Parking is mostly underground - something highly valued in the winter. There is free wifi in the lobby.
The cons:
You pay for parking, the wifi in the rooms costs about $16/day, no complementary breakfast, expensive bar and restaurant, little noise insulation for blocking out the landing airplanes (though they usually don't land during hte night).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BJKNoVA
Reviewed January 1, 2013

When I stayed at this hotel, I was upgraded to a high floor room that was very spacious.

Concierge lounge closed on weekends, but they do have a beautiful breakfast buffet including waffles, eggs and other delicious breakfast selections.

Even though this hotel is right next to the airport with large 747 planes travelling very close overhead I could not hear them at all. This hotel must have amazing soundproofing to keep that level of noise out.

The pool is one of the most beautiful ones for an airport hotel I have ever seen. Beautiful glass ceilings that allow you to get a full view of the stars when swimming at night indoors. Also a indoor hot-tub both very well maintained.

Rooms were clean, everything was functioning fine.

Staff were friendly during my last visit.

Room Tip: High floor rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family