“My first choice near the Toronto Airport”

Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #49 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My biggest disappoint on my last business in the area was that this hotel had no vacancies. I have been here on a number of occasions and enjoy this property very much.
The guest rooms are spacious, quiet and clean. I could barely hear the airport traffic, and even then is was well muted.
The meeting spaces are excellent with a variety to choose from: ballroom (1,2,3) down to a small boardroom. The food is outstanding and my guests made specific mention of this in their feedback. And all staff really seem to care about each guest and the event as a whole. Full marks goes to them and the management for making me and my guests feel welcome and appreciated.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the golf course - quieter and also a prettier view.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed December 2, 2011

As a business traveller I am used to certain amenities and this hotel had very few. My trip started with a courtesy shuttle ride from the airport. The driver loaded my luggage, but upon arrival at the hotel, unloaded it and left it on the sidewalk while he ran ahead to talk to another employee inside. Not very welcoming.
If this hotel caters to business travelers than why is Internet not free and we had to pay for printing paper? Also why no fridge in the rooms? I only stayed here because I attended a meeting at the hotel. Would never stay again if I have a choice

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank SkysTheLimit_10
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I spent one night at the Toronto Airport Marriott while on route to Panama. First off, the rooms are huge. Two double beds, a full couch and there was still plenty of room to move about. The closet was also very large. Beds were very comfortable and we were greeted with a card and a snack ( Marriott gold member).

The bathroom was normal, nothing to rave about. Though I do need to point out that recently, all the Marriott’s I’ve been going to have stopped giving Bathwash and only provide bath soap. I don’t like this one big and I hope Marriott stops this soon.

I ordered room service and it was very prompt. A big plus since I it was 9 pm when I arrived and needed to be ready to leave again for a 6am flight.

There is an airport shuttle that comes and goes every 20 minutes or so. Its about a 10-15 minute ride to the airport. I feel the need to point out that although the website doesn’t state this, there is a Toronto Courtyard right behind the Marriott and the shuttle also stops there. I didn’t go inside but it looked nice from what I can see.

All in all, a pleasant stay though I think I need to point out that the rooms are a little costly. If I knew the Courtyard had a shuttle I would have definetly gone there instead.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed here for three nights on a busines trip it is a mid range hotel typical of the sort you find near airports. Staff are OK but not overly friendly (and on one occassion down right rude).

Room was spacious and the bathroom was was clean and large as well. Only downside was that the A/C in the room was quite loud when it kicked in during the night, waking me up every time.

Good place to stay if you have a stop-over in toronto airport as it is only a few minutes from teh terminal but I wouldn't recommend it for anything else.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ivanrmcc
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My last review of an airport hotel was of a stellar property near Chicago O'Hare. That was unique among the typical offerings. These locations serve their purpose to business travellers with airport meetings, leisure travellers with early departures, late arrivals, and everyone with cancelled flights. This Marriott is no different. Convenient, with frequent shuttle to terminals. Hotel and rooms are older but kept in reasonable condition. Rooms are smallish but well furnished. Bathtub and fixtures very dated. All in all a very average property with nothing specifically wrong but nothing really standing out.

I will say this, if you have a meeting catered by this hotel, the food is superb with plenty of it. Desserts are grand and plentiful. Not sure what it costs since I didn't organize it but can say this hotel does a great job!

Room Tip: Back of hotel overllooks garden/golf course rather than a busy road and (de)construction site out fr...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Overall not bad. Small exercise room, but little competition for machines. Large room 604, oversized king. Rooms are basic and outdated, so is the lobby. For price, and proximity to airport, decent price. Tried lunch at the dining room, which was reasonable quality, but limited menu.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank dssrriri
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Overall a good hotel with great service.

Location - great if u need to be close to airport Otherwise far from Toronto itself. ( Pearson airport is actually in Mississauga)

Rooms - nice spacious clean

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank schulich
JonHolliwell, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Holliwell
Director of Hotel Operations
Toronto Airport Marriott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
The Westin Toronto Airport
#60 of 135 in Toronto
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#74 of 135 in Toronto
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!