“Nice Hotel”

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #115 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel a few times now and find it to be in a great location, relatively good value and very well maintained. Our only complaint is the parking situation...there are only a couple of spots available at the front of the building so most of the time you have to park behind the building with no rear entrance available but at least they don't charge for parking unlike other hotels.
There is a restaurant in the building but we don't eat there because it seems fairly expensive and most of the time we just want something simple.
We will definately stay there again when we are back in Toronto.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gingyNovaScotia

Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were flying to Cuba and booked hotel on a website offering a Park and Save price of $90.00 including taxes if you stay at the start or end of your trip. I booked a room and sent a separate email confirming it was a non smoking room and that we would stay at teh end of our trip. The email was replied to advising it was a non smoking room. We live 3 hours from Toronto and arrived 3 1/2 hours before our flight time. The hotel was one of the furthest away from the airport but the other hotels charged $135.00 to park and fly. On booking in we were told the $90.00 was not from their website and must only have meant free overnight parking. They advised tha actual park and fly rate was $135.00 which was the same as everyone else. I asked if that included the shuttle and we were advised it did and the shuttle would be there in 5 minutes. I booked the room by credit card and then was told the shuttle would be at least a half an hour. Not wanting to cut our arrival that close we took a cab at a cost of $20.00. The day before we were to return to Toronto, we got a message that there was a death in our immediate family. We were not scheduled to land in Toronot until 1:00 am the following day and just decided that we would drive straight home. I found the Quality Suites website on the internet in Cuba and cancelled the room several hours before our cut off time. We received a confirmation of the cancellation by email while in Cuba. We landed at the airport and the shuttle was not there so took a cab at a cost of $28.00. I went into the hotel to pay for the week's parking and was advised we would have to pay full price of $135.00 as they are not in the business of selling parking. We explained our situation and that we had cancelled the room and we were told to take it up with the manager tomorrow.
I did contact the manager and supplied the website that the original booking was made from and sent a copy of the email we received confirming our room cancellation. I suggested we pay the $90.00 for parking or pay the $135.00 and be refunded my cabfare.The manager advised she would investigate but came up with the same resolution that they are not in the business of selling parking. Staying at this hotel cost me a total of $183.00 including my cabfare, clearly the worst deal in Toronto. It would have been almost as cheap to take a cab from home to and from the airport. We had stayed at the hotel before but never again.
J. Dore

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

But then you probably stay here because it's close to the airport. The room looks like it hasn't been updated since it opened. Our view is the highway and an empty lot. Hotel does offer shuttles to the airport. Ours was slightly late making us nervous about making our flight.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We got an exceptional deal on this hotel on Hotwire for a weekend of sightseeing in Toronto. Didn't expect much but were pleasantly surprised. The staff was professional and friendly. Rooms were clean, spacious and beds were comfy. Free, easy parking a definite asset. The location was not convenient to any tourist attraction in particular, but close enough to the highway to make it convenient to come and go to a subway stop. I've stayed here before on a stopover and the airport shuttle was reliable and quick. But this time we stayed for three nights and really appreciated the hotel. Room service was tasty as was the (somewhat pricey) breakfast buffet. Restaurant service was great and we really enjoyed the quiet of the hotel and the cleanliness. Recommend for a budget traveller looking for a three-star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I would like to share my recent experience at this wonderful hotel.

As soon as I had arrived at the hotel, I was welcomed with a warm smile and greeting. I was served at reception without delay and was on my way up to my room within minutes.

The room was better than expected. I had a spotless room with plenty of space and was better than advertised.

There is one particular event that occurred that made my experience here memorable. As I was heading out of the hotel one day with my spouse and mother, we had asked a gentleman in the lobby of the hotel a few questions about the city and such. Not only did he help answer all of our questions, but he took the time to help plan our day including what part of the city to see and how to get there. It is this type of customer service that has made it easy for me to recommend this particular hotel to my friends and family when they visit Toronto. I most certainly took his name and would like take this opportunity to acknowledge Majid Jaffari as a true gentleman and an asset to the Toronto Airport East location of Quality Hotel and Suites.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I booked this hotel for the park and fly option and to have a night's stay at the end of our vacation. I called to confirm my room with hotel over the phone ahead of time. It took 20 mins on the phone to find it. I asked if I should book the airport shuttle, they said no. Got to the hotel at 11:00am. Took 20 mins to check me in. They told me they might fit us in on the 12 pm shuttle but it wasn't guarenteed. Our flight was at 2:30, we couldn't risk not getting the shuttle until 1pm! They said the shuttle runs only every hour. Every other hotel that I have used this service, it was pretty much on demand, or every 15 mins. We had to take a taxi and pay $20 out of pocket. When we returned at 2am the following Saturday, we had to wait 30 mins for the shuttle to pick us up which was ok. Rooms were fine, but service was slow and I will not use them again. There are many more hotels in the area with better service, better amenities, etc. at the same price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beachboundtravel
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed at the hotel and was tricked into its elegance and staff. When i got into the room, i was told at check in that I had been upgraded to a business class room on the 11th floor. I went into the room, put my suit case down and was ready to settle into my bed. As i turned the sheets, i see a bed bug on my bed. I was frightened and disturbed that I called down and no one would answer the phone. I called my people, and made reservations else where. Would i recommend this place to anyone? No, its filthy and not worth the money anyone spends there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo