“You get what you pay for”

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #115 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Was a reasonable nights stay through Hotwire, $89. Older and tired looking. Front desk staff was very slow. Restaurant was closed, so had to order in for a late supper. Pretty out of the way, but the shuttle service got us back and forth to the airport with no problems. Beds okay, not particularly comfortable. The drink/ice machines were very scattered and not all were working, so that made for some inconvenience. Was okay for a layover, but wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynda D

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I just booked my second stay here. Found a cheap rate and it is well worth it. I have a rental car so it is very close to the airport and convenient to the highway. The entrance to the hotel is strange and not well lit, but easy to figure out. The staff is friendly. The rooms are clean. I have no complaints for the place and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank sjrb
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed for two nights on layovers both going to and arriving from Cuba. The location is not great for access to other amenities and it is not close to the airport. The entrance is very dark...hotel sign light was out and driving into the entrance to the hotel was quite dark. Front desk service was very good. The room was clean but I would recommend socks or slippers when walking on the carpet. Bathroom was very good. I didn't choose this hotel myself...it was a freebie paid for by my travel agency for a travel snafoo. As a result, they picked the cheapest hotel they could find. It was free for me so I could live with it but I wouldn't select it for myself again unless it was dirt cheap. You have to call the hotel for the shuttle service and the wait for the shuttle at the airport was rather long...25 minutes estimate turned into 40 minutes. This hotel is more like a 2.5 but I rounded up.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The room was ok, just ok. Things were well worn and needed a fix up. The staff was ok, but not very friendly or helpful. They wouldn't take a debit card, which was frustrating. The area around the hotel was a dump. We had to park around behind the building with no direct entrance, so we had to walk around some construction area to get to the front entrance. I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2014

With a personal situation that has me booking hotels in my own city for the weekends in June, I got this place for that first Saturday. Thankfully, I also had a car reserved because this hotel is not within walking distance to anything. It was a 3 min drive South to a Tim Hortons but likely would have taken about 15 mins to walk.

There were two ladies at the front desk and one looked busy so I approached the other one. She looked at me as if I was presenting the biggest problem in the world and said, "talk to her." I went over to the other one and instead of a greeting of "hello, or good day" all she curtly barked was "credit card and photo ID"--no please was attached. I did say "good afternoon" in hopes of trying to throw the hint of a bit of friendly customer service that way, but it went above her head.

She handed me my key cards and off I went to the room. I was silently thinking that I was glad that this was a one night deal. To me, the room reminded me of movie scenes where the hotel rents them by the hour. The furniture is very dated, an odd smell in the room, and when I hunted down the AC switch I was surprised to see it falling apart. The room was hot so I crossed my toes that I would not get electrocuted while I used my fingers to turn it on. Yay, no bolt of electricity and I am still here to type this.

The carpet had lots of stains, no proper desk chair and though the parking was free, I had to fill out a form then bring it right back outside again to place on the dash of my vehicle. Oh, yes, if you do decided to stay, the parking lot is at the back and though the building has lots of doors, I felt like I was in some kind of game show as I tried each one only to find it locked while looking in vain for a sign stating "Lobbby this way". Eventually, I did find the entrance which was tucked away in a corner facing Islington Ave--note to the manager who reviews this, an extra bit of signage would not hurt.

I was in a corner room so thankfully the noise was not too bad. Water pressure and heat was good but the shower nozzle itself was not fixed on well and I think that was a result of trying to modernize the bathroom, but not with a complete reno, but by doing the bath tub liner option.

The hotel had a no-smoking policy but as second hand smoke seeped into my room, obviously it was not strictly enforced. The hotel/room served its purpose but it would not want to be a place that I would stay again.

Room Tip: Do more research to find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TorontoRobDT
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We chose this hotel as we found the hotels in the area were all booked. It was not close to the airport. There was free parking. The hotel is very very dated but fairly clean. I was kind of surprised how old it was. The front desk staff was very nice. We had difficulty maintaining the room temperature on the dial up air conditioner on the wall. It was $100 a night (sunday) with a CAA discount and we only stayed here as there was a promotion where if you stay two nights in a "quality" inn you get a $50 gift card. We tried to get into other hotels, but none were available. It is definitely below 3 stars. The ice was on only two floors. There were no fridges in the room, and the room was very very small. There wasn't room for our suitcases. Hotel was quiet though. The elevators were fairly quick. There was also free shuttle to the airport that we did not use.

Room Tip: middle floors apparently are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank asiatrip2007Winnipeg
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I booked this hotel at the last minute using Priceline so the price was right. It is rated as a 2.5 star and I think that is accurate. The room was clean but basic and the bed was comfortable. However, the location is odd. I would not consider this an airport hotel as it is too far away. When I arrived at the hotel at about 9:30 pm, the sign for the property (at the entrance) was not lit, and there were no lights on in the parking lot. When I brought this to the attention of the woman at check-in she did not seem concerned and did not indicate that the situation would be addressed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business