“Does the job”

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #115 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel is great for a one night stay on your way to the airport. We stayed and had no problems. Other than we didn't get our wake up call - we were lucky the other couple that were with us were up early. I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and again, it isn't a 5 star but clean and comfortable enough. Great restaurants within walking distance. It was packed when we first got there so it took a bit to get registered but they had 2 people working and it was good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hotel caught fire at 1 in the morning. Thankfully the room didn't burn as we were expected at airport for 7. They had us back in our rooms at 4 am. We had the privilege of listening to the fire alarm going off every 2 mins. If you don't like sleeping and enjoy the smell of burning plastic stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Mike N
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Room was pretty simple. We got a room with a king sized bed however the mattress on the bed was quite hard. There was only one staff member working the front desk at check in, so it was a little slow. We had thought it was a little closer to the airport than it actually was. Parking was included which was nice. Overall an average stay. We didn't use the airport shuttle or eat at the restaurant there so don't have anything to add about those.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here before through hotwire and ended up here again before leaving for Cuba. We got this room cheap and It fitted our needs but nothing spectacular. It definitely needs some updating.

I'm not usually picky about beds but this one was horrible.

Ice maker on 5th floor didn't work.

Outside hydro has been doing some repairs and there was a very large noisy generator trailer parked behind the hotel... I assume powering the building.

Staff seemed friendly enough.

Overall good for a place to lay your head and have a shower but wouldn't want to stay for long.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Buntcake98
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel in August 2013. We got a deal off a expedia for this hotel and the price was right. Getting to the hotel was difficult because of traffic around the area, the lobby looked nice, the front office agent was friendly and reliable. Upon entering the room, we noticed a small crack on the outside part of the television, the television had to be at least twenty years old, the hotel is an airport hotel which attracts business people so there is portable keyboard in each room which was a plus.The beds were clean, we did see a small bug on the window along certain, it was about a centimeter long. We only spotted one. The bathroom was very outdated, old fixtures. The toilet did not flush well, so we called up maintenance and they got the job done fast. Other than that there were no problems with the room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter on higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Got a great deal through booking.com's secret deals, so based on the very low price this was a good experience.

Hotel shuttle to and from the airport was quick and efficient. Check in was good and quick. Any staff I interacted with were very pleasant. I had requested a king room when I booked and was disappointed to get a room with 2 doubles, but again with the low rate I paid I didn't complain.

The room itself was clean, but in need of updating. It was older style furnishings and tv, but everything was in good shape and worked fine. There were a few broken tiles in the bathroom, but it was clean. The bed was extremely firm - I slept well on it though. The room was quiet and I wasn't bothered by noise from any other rooms.

The hotel is a bit of a distance from the airport so it takes a little longer on the shuttle, but I'm guessing it added maybe 5-10 minutes to the trip compared to hotels directly across the road from the airport.

I would have liked there to have been some sort of continental breakfast offered for free. Also, coffee in the lobby would have been nice - there is coffee during very restricted hours, but none during the morning while I was waiting for the shuttle.

Nothing at all near the hotel as far as restaurants, but there is a restaurant in the hotel I believe, although I didn't go in there. Not a destination for sure, but for a very quick one night stay for budget airport travelers it definitely did the trick.

Room Tip: There is a highway and a train track on one end of the hotel, so although the noise didn't bothe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Staff is great, and rooms also great. Great location and overall a clean place. I often stay here when I come into town and the weather is bad to drive back home. Rates are decent, and are worth the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo