“Better than we expected”

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #115 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel is rated as a three-star, and was priced accordingly, so we came with an open mind. The rooms are old and dated and there aren't many amenities, so we found what we expected. What we didn't expect was the service, which was great. We even had a call from the front desk after we'd arrived at our room to confirm that we were happy with the room and in particular with the mattress on the bed. The next day the front desk staff were equally friendly and responsive.
This hotel is relatively easy to get to and close to the airport (15 minutes). It offers free parking and free wireless. We will definitely book here again when we need a hotel before or after a flight.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petercam56
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for sending a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are delighted we have surpassed your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and we will do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My reservation was messed up by one of the staffs when I booked a two night stay. I found out when I checked in on Friday that they had only book Saturday night for me. The lady on duty decided to let me check in on Friday but then said that I would have to check out Saturday morning and come back around 3pm to check back in. She then proceeded to tell me that she can not give me the group rate I initally had (A whole bunch of us where staying there so received a special rate). it was such a hassle and she was no help and she advise that I call their sales team. She also told me that the manager can not help me when I asked for one. The next day I spoke to a manager who was very nice and she apologized and gave me my rate! Overall, room is very outdated. Beds are old and firm. The majority of the staffs are rude and can't perform their jobs right. I will probably never go back!

Room Tip: Pay a little more to get a better room and friendlier staffs!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Julie H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. The staff and I are committed in offering our guest great service and quality accommodations. Unfortunately, in your situation we have not delivered on our promise. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced while you were our guest.
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope you come back and give our hotel another chance.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The room was alright but before arriving i had called in to enquire about an early check in, nothing to early even an hour earlier would have been okay, 2pm or so. The lady didnt even try to see if she could make it happen she just straight away told me no room would be available, i highly doubt the whole hotel was booked out in the middle of the week that the house keeping would take so long to have a room ready, she didnt even ask me for what time i had in mind just straight no. Im pretty sure i saw her during check in aswell and she didnt look like she cared to be there or take care of anybody, pretty sure her name was sasha or sarah. Anyways the hotel is okay but that one woman makes you not want to return

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nav B

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and lack of consideration you have experienced from our staff.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

So here is the low down on this hotel, if you are looking for a cheap hotel "near" the airport, this hotel will do. Its about a 15 min drive from the airport and they offer a free shuttle. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable and for a nite or two it will do. Its a hotel.
They offer free parking and the average rate for this hotel is about 60 bucks, with deals on all the online websites. Keep in mind a Marriott or sheridan 5 min from the airport can run you 200 to 300 dollars a nite so this really is a deal.
Note, there is NOTHING around this hotel, no restaurants( they do have one in the hotel thats pretty good) and is located in a residential area right off the highway 401. Only thing they have is a Walmart and some other small stores in a plaza 5 minutes away. Also note, this hotel is not in the best part of town.
If you are looking for a good nite sleep at a great price, this hotel is for you, anything else, i would look further.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Iluvztravelz

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hotel is quite dated with things such as CRT televisions which was had a problem with static and old dial type thermostats. The biggest pain point was the misrepresentation of parking. The wording on the website implies that the parking is free for airport travellers. What it actually means is that you cannot park at the hotel while you travel. The hotel has an 'arrangement' with a parking lot 10 minutes away that gives you a modest discount on parking. You can actually get a better rate at Park-n-fly if you go online and pre-print a coupon. Will never stay here agian. Most other hotels in the area offer either free parking at the hotel or inexpensive nightly parking on site for up to 2 weeks.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Edgar H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

We offer a Stay & Park package for guest who would like to stay one night and leave their car while on vacation. Parking can sometimes be offsite; about 10 minutes away. Overnight parking for our guest is complimentary.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for a week (unfortunately) and still regret it although I have moved to a much better place now. This place offered me a normal room without any extra facilities like a microwave or refrigerator. There was no free breakfast either. However, there was free wifi and the front desk staff were so proud of it as though no other decent hotel in the world offered it at their price. Having said that, free internet was not the only thing free. They had tons of rudeness for free, except a few though, almost all the staff were showing attitude.

Keep in mind, they are doing strict "business" which means whether you enjoy your stay or not --- they are least bothered. This is absolutely the case with the restaurant on the ground floor also. They think twice to give you a glass of water or a plastic spoon as a token of courtesy, despite knowing you have made business there, you have eaten there, you are a guest... but nothing matters to them. They have no courtesy. Besides, they try to argue with you and tell you that you should get things like plastic spoon from outside. What is the big deal if you request a plastic spoon especially when you are a guest there? It hurt me a great deal as the person in charge tried to teach me his version of business. I left quietly. This happened on the fifth day of my stay and I did not go to the restaurant again. I will not come back to stay at this hotel ever again.

I do not recommend a stay here solely for lack of courtesy and customer care/ attention.
Just stay away. They do not make you feel at home.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank arunbharathiya

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Not well maintained, washrooms are not clean. Priceline has put me in this hotel twice, have been very dissatisfied both times. I would rate this hotel a 1 star. Three associates were working when I was checking in and I still waited 15 minutes to check in (busy on the phone or talking to each other)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SandraK464
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the service you have received on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to our area.