“Not impressed”

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #115 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Not impressed with this hotel at all and would not stay here again. It was dirty and the front desk staff were not friendly at all during check in and check out. The shuttle service is terrible with one poor man driving the van and getting paged by the hotel every 5 mins asking "where are you?" The hotel stated that the shuttle runs every 15 mins which is not possible as it takes 15 mins just to get to the hotel from the airport. I was suppose to stay at this hotel on the way back, but quickly changed to a Sheridan hotel. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank spudster72

Reviewed March 24, 2011

If a deal seems too good to be true it probably is. Got a great rate online for this hotel for a one-night stay. Was told they had free parking. What they didn't tell me was that at 6am they were going to tow my car out on the street where I got a Ticket. Front desk person told me to park in front of an Air Canada sign, which I did, but what they didn't tell me is that there are two sets of Air Canada parking spots less than 40 feet away from each other and I guess I picked the wrong ones.

I've stayed at other hotels in this area and did not have this hassle. There must have been 200 empty spaces in the lot, but they decided to dump my car on the street. Apparently the hotel only has the rights to a limited number of spots and the other buildings in this complex WILL tow you if you park in the wrong place. Took talking to 3 employees to find my car and none of them felt what they did was unreasonable?

Other than that, the room was ok. Bed and room could use an update, but worth the price I paid. Of course with the Ticket, its about the same price of the Comfort down the road. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2011

On business I've been to many hotels, this hotel treated me well with a friendly smile on check in and a thank you on check out, haven't had that in a while. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the updated wireless internet was easy to connect to and consistant. I grabbed a quick bite in the restaurant before i left and it was good food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travellerman41
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stayed at the Quality Hotel on Islington Ave, thinking it was plush .. not only was service horrible, I ended up getting bitten by bed bugs. I asked to get my room change and it was the same story.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Shika24
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a sleep park fly package 3 years ago with no problem. However,
on arrival at 11pm Jan 4 2011, I was disgusted to be told I had to drive to a parking lot 3,2 km away on dark unfamiliar roads. The hotel website clearly states for the Stay and Fly 8 day package "Leave you car with us while you take off." In 2 places it advertises free shuttle direct to and from the airport, implying the car would be left at the hotel. After various e-mails, manageress phoned me to point out the small print where it says depending on the season, airport parking may be off site. There were plenty of vacant parking spots in the hotel car park. I pointed out the contradictory advertising to the person who responded to my complaint (I presumed the manageress), but she would not agree there were contradictions. She said I should have read every last piece of text in the websites. Wrong answer! I suggest this hotel be avoided by all. The management is not about service.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j0llyjumper
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I had the misfortune to be sentenced to this hotel by an Air Canada delay.

It has the unique distinction of being the only place I have ever stayed with all of airplane noise, train crossing noise, and highway noise, but with no real sound proofing.

The shuttle left us standing on the curb because it was full; estimated wait time was "25 minutes, if I can get in another trip before my shift ends." We took a cab. When I complained, they said "sorry, the shuttle is complimentary".

The wireless internet was free, but incredibly slow: page loads took a minute or more.

The only option they were able to offer for food (room service closed at 11pm) was a pizza place. In a city of 5 million people, they had no other options.

The hotel furniture, decor, and trimmings are aging badly, though everything was clean and worked.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miked004
Reviewed January 11, 2011

The staff at the hotel were pleasant and helpful. The room was quite small and cramped. We had a corner room which was cold and the heater was not adequate. At night you could feel the cold air on your feet. I was disappointed that there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. More surprised to find out that a microwave rental was $10.00 per day and the hotel places a $50.00 per day hold on you credit card for incidentals. Wireless internet frequently dropped off. Parking is free which was a bonus. The price and situation was right for the time.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family