All reviewspark and flyshuttle servicelong term parkingfree shuttletoronto airportcontinental breakfastdays parkingwake up callan overnight stayan early flightyour luggagetea and coffeefront desk staffcomfortable roomnice staystayed one nightlate check
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here before flying out of Pearson. I had read a review saying that the shuttle had left early so that was the first issue I addressed, and the front desk staff was helpful and polite. They were extremely pleasant to deal with and did everything to make checking in easy and painless (great when two young children were in tow!!) It is nothing special, however for staying over to catch an early morning flight it was just what we needed. In the morning the shuttle knew we were coming as I had booked the night before and got us to the airport with plenty of time to spare. The only 'glitch' was the pool was closed and my boys had been excited about 'swimming in the hotel'

Room Tip: we had planes flying past the hotel window which added some interest for the kids- My sleep wasn't great but had nothing to do with the hotel- but rather the fact that I knew I had to be up at 430!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Margo72Burlington
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Margo72Burlington, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport. I will be sure to share your positive feedback on our front desk and apologize that our pool next door at the Courtyard was closed for a routine maintenance check. Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next visit and I will ensure the pool and whirlpool next door at the Courtyard is available for you.

Kind Regards,

Anto Vrdoljak

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We needed to park 2 vehicles at the hotel for a week and weren't sure if they were going to charge same rate as the park n fly down the road but the manager was very accommodating and gave us a great deal. We enjoyed our meal at the restaurant too. We would stay there again. Good service and great value works for me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sooze55

Dear Sooze55, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other potential customers. I am happy to hear that our management team assisted you in your stopover needs and I will certainly share your positive experience with Mr. Greek the restaurant attached to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The positive on this property is that it came with long term parking. So the place was easier to take knowing that our truck was tucked in safe during our vacation. Check in ran smooth, the hotel was clean and the room was a bed and couch (which I think unfolded to a bed) and a bathroom.. The room faced south and with the winds just right the flight path took the planes right over the room till 11 at night. Which was fine for wow factor but if a family has small children the noise may be a problem. In the am the shuttle that we were taking left early so we missed it and the next shuttle arrived late so there was mild frustration with that. Upon return we had trouble finding the pickup location, and after a long flight perhaps our patience did not exist, so we ended up taking a hotel limo back to get our vehicle. The stay was average but a return visit will not be in our near future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelling love... A
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear travelling love... A, thanks for your review on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear your check-in and room were to your satisfaction and apologize for the inconveniences with the airport shuttle services which I will personally address with our provider. We hope to welcome you again to the Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a decent value hotel considering we were away for 9 days and we got a price including the parking on Expedia which seemed less than most Hotel + park and fly options. Then again, the quality of the hotel is very average which was not a big deal considering we were only staying 1 night and that was for a 6:10 a.m. flight on the day of the big blizzard. (we lucked out as our flight actually took off that morning). The Mr. Greek restaraunt was horrific but I am not sure I can blame the hotel for that although they are connected. Back to the park and fly option which was one of the main reasons we stayed here; you have to drive out and follow a shuttle out of the hotel parking lot down the street (it is actually in walking distance) and park your vehicle the night before . After parking, you hop on the shuttle and the driver locks the gate of the large fenced in parking area, and he takes you back to the Hotel. You have no access to your car once you leave, until the day you pick it up again. Upon return from Pearson, the shuttle driver takes you from the airport directly to the parking area. As luck would have it, my car was buried and plowed in so it did take awhile to dig out. (The shuttle driver waited). The arrangement was ok mainly based on overall value. Last year we stayed at the Delta which does not have a locked parking area but it is covered. I would say the Delta is roughly another $30-40 per night and is a nicer hotel. Really it comes down to value and what you specifically want for a 1 night hotel stay. Would I stay here again.....yes but only for the park and fly option but I might also fork out the extra to stay at the Delta for covered parking, on the property of the Delta.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnesv
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear johnesv , thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize about your experience with Mr. Greek which I will personally address with their management team. We did have a large snow fall on February 8th which resulted in the heavy accumulation of snow and I am happy you made it out safely. We thank you again for your comments and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here the night before our early flight to Jamaica. The staff was excellent and the shuttle was great. The fact that you can park here during your vacation is a bonus as well. Unfortunately we have very bad allergies, especially when it comes to scents. This place smells strongly of carpet deodorizer and old cigarette smell. We instantly had headaches and were unable to sleep because of this. Just an honest review!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennie S

Dear Jennie S, thank you for sharing your experience to other customers. My sincere apologies of the smoking smell in your room as we do have a small limited number of smoking rooms in the property. If this is not what you booked I would certainly like to look into this further and have sent you a separate message with my contact information. We hope to welcome you again soon.