“Easy Peezie”

Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Ranked #72 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Did the 14 day park and fly - stayed overnight before the trip. The hours of our flight were middle of the night, but the hotel did a great service by accomodating our needs. The rooms was fine and no issues. We shuttled to the parking area, and upon return - we landed and were at our car in less than 40 minutes including customs! Amazing. I've stayed here numerous times and will go back again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aquagal
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you aquagal for your comments on your recent stay at the Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport. Our goal is to make things easy for our guests and I am happy to hear we achieved this on your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Carlingview is pretty much as advertised - no nasty surprises. There were a couple of small things. The computer in the lobby needs some work but I did eventually get my boarding passes printed, The bottle of water placed in the room is not complimentary although there is no indication that you will be charged for it if you use it. So if you use it expect $2 to be added to your bill. No biggy but that should be made clear up front.

The king room is large and comfortable. Nice to have a sofa as I hate perching on a bed to read, watch TV or use the computer.

The 24 hour availability of coffee and sweets in the lobby (those are complimentary) is a nice touch. The lobby is comfortable, with both armchairs and tables and chairs to sit, talk, and meet some of the other guests.

Although the Carlingview does not have a restaurant it is physically connected to Mr Greek and the Marriott restaurant is accessible just across the driveway. But for anything less formal, it is a 2 minute walk to Coffee Time - a Tim Horton's style coffee shop that also serves a full breakfast, a build-your-own-sub bar similar to Subway, and a variety of ethnic goodies like samosas, sausage rolls and patties. The coffee was decent, the samosa very goods and the breakfast exceptional for only $4. The sub however was mediocre - mainly because of the bread.

The huge plus for the Carlingview is the staff. It was so nice to be greeted with a smile, a bit of humour and some casual chat. A big thumbs up for the staff.

The shuttle ran quickly and smoothly, no problems there at all.

Room Tip: I felt the queen rooms a little crowded with the beds. The king room gives the feeling of more spac...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Snowbirdincostarica

Dear Snowbirdincostarica, thank you for your thumbs up on our staff. I will certainly pass on your comments to our team and ensure that all of our bottles of water in the rooms have tags on them indicating the price. I apologize for the wait on your boarding pass as we have strong anti-virus software on the computer in order to prevent any issues as this is a public computer. We are looking to upgrade our computer in the near future as well.
We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Carlingview in April 2012 before our trip to Cuba. The reason we stayed here because of the good package they offer. If you take the Stopover rate you get to park your car for free for a week or two.
Not only that it is very close to the airport and furthermore, they have free shuttle to and from the Pearson Intl Airport. This is the reason we chose this hotel to stay as our flight was at 6AM in the morning.
overall, I'd say that per Toronto standard, the hotel is average. The customer service is really good. They do offer free continental breakfast. They also have swimming pool service.
The rooms are moderately clean but little aged. But if you are planning to just stay a night and fly, I think you should be OK. But if you are light sleeper, then I'd not recommend a airport side hotel and it can be a bit loud when the planes takeoff or touchdown.

Room Tip: Get the Stopover package which included free week parking if you are going on vacation.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CanadianEngineer007
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Hello CanadianEngineer007, Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Your kind words on our service with be shared with our team and if there is any additional information you can provide on your guest room experience please feel free to reach out to me directly so we can address with our customer care team. I will send you a separate message with my contact information and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked this through Jaunt.ca. for $79 before tax for a weeks parking and a 1 night hotel stay in OCt 2012. Great deal! And right beside the airport! The shuttle was fanstastic and punctual, professional and roomy. We stayed here the night before flying to Mexico for a week
The lady at the front desk was lovely! The hotel room was nice, bed very comfy, and they gave free continental breakfast starting in the very early Am- I think 4 am? Loved this hotel, and great staff!!
Great pool and hot tub- although the indoor pool was far too cold for me to swim in and the hot tub too hot to tolerate for more than a few seconds. Area was very clean though, and for what we paid, no complaints!
the only thing I did not like about the park and fly part was once you drop your car off by 11:30pm or so you dont have acces to your car until you return from your trip- what was I to do with my things from my 1 night stay I did not want to cart all the way to Mexico I was planning on locking up in my car in the am?
The front desk put my over-night bag behind the desk for the week solving this, but would have been nice to have access to my car until I left in AM
No complaints though, very happy with the service and amenities.
I would stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LoveToTravelSouth

Dear LoveToTravelSouth, thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with the Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport. I will certainly share your comments with our staff and understand your concern with not being able to access your vehicle but am happy our team was able to safely store your luggage for you. Our offsite lot is locked in order to keep vehicles as safe as possible with gate access only. We look forward to welcoming you again. Please sure to sign up to our e-club for exclusive deals.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Took advantage of a WagJag deal for this hotel as we were travelling to New York City for our 10-year wedding anniversary. The hotel was average with an attached Greek restaurant and a small selection of breakfast items for you to grab before catching the shuttle to the airport.

When you arrive you tell them you are parking for the week and you wait until the shuttle driver arrives. You follow them in your car to the parking lot (less than 2 min away) and park your vehicle in a fenced in/locked lot (was very dark with no lights).

We didn't eat at the Greek restaurant but went to the bar for a drink (the bar tender was in a bad mood so this made that experience unpleasant).

The hotel is right near the airport so it is great for watching airplanes take off and/or land as the flight path to one of the runways is right near your window. The shuttle to the airport was relatively short as well (maybe 10 min) and a nice added bonus of staying at the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a cheap night's stay with parking for the week included - especially if you have an early AM flight.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Caltek

Dear Caltek, thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our special limited time promotion. Mr. Greek is leased out however I will address your concerns with the owner as this is certainly not acceptable and I apologize for the inconvenience. Be sure to sign up for our e-club to received special rates and deals on future stays with us.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We got a deal off the internet for $80 that included our parking for upto 14 nights. This also included continental breakfast and shuttle to the airport. The room was spotless and updated and the bed was comfy. The hotel itself was nothing special but they keep it in great shape. When we first arrive here we were concerned about the fact that jets seem to be flying overhead every 3-5 minutes but they did stop at some point. The other thing would be that the walls seem a bit thin here ie you can hear who's next door and if someone's in the hall. Overall I'd stay here again for the great price, cleanlyness and service they offer.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Terry H
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Terry H, thank you for your recent review on your stay with us. We pride ourselves with offering a competitive rate in a clean and comfortable environment and I am happy to read you felt the same. Being an airport hotel we do have planes flying throughout the day however our quality of windows assist in eliminating the noise and provide a more restful stay for our guests. I apologize for the noise you experienced between rooms and if you could be so kind to provide me with your room number or last name I will look into this further.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

we stayed at the hotel several times in the past including when was under previous ownership.
the last 3 times, we realize the pick up shuttle upon the return to take you back to your car takes way way too long. we even changed hotel the last couple of times cause it makes no sense to wait 1 hrs for the pick up.
last week we gave the place another chance and again it was 50 mins wait for the return shuttle to the parking lot!!!
this time however we notice the guy picked up and dropped off few more people for various other hotels "on the way" so it turned out to be a bus ride. no wonder we wait so long for him to come pick up with so many stops all for few extra tip dollars.
we were so upset we decided to call the hotel to advise them. we spoke to some stupid manager that did not understand what we were saying although she did acknowledge she was not aware of the extra stops the guy is making...she kept saying "why you are so upset if the guy was a little late?" and when we try explaining 50 mins is not a little late....we called once and they say 15-20 mins...we called again after 30 mins and needed to wait another 20......almost an hour wait for an hotel 5 mins way.....that is just wrong!
all hotel hotel shuttles passed twice by the time we wait!!!
if you are reading this - better to pay a little extra and not lose 1 hour
if anybody from the hotel is reading this - we would love to hear back from you (if its not that same stupid women we spoke with the other day...otherwise you lost our business once and for all - that is for sure!)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank e l
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear e l, thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. The Hotel Carlingview prides itself on being one of the Toronto Airport's most favorable stopover hotels in Toronto and I am sorry to hear of your experience. Our shuttle does run twice an hour and waiting one hour I can certainly understand your frustration as this is completely unacceptable. I have sent you a separate message with my email and contact information as I would like to speak with you personally to discuss this matte. Any guest past, present or future who wishes to discuss our airport shuttle schedule is welcome to contact the hotel directly and encouraged to read other reviews regarding the hotels superior service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#73 of 137 in Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!