This review is taking into account that I picked up an online discount deal that paid for a night at the hotel and up to 14 days of parking in their offsite lot. The discount price is equivalent to what I would have paid for long term parking at Park and Fly.
Service was very professional and friendly enough, and the room I had (a King bed with a pull out sofa bed) was spacious and clean. But the real key to these Park, Sleep, and Fly places is the system they use to get you parked, settled in, and shuttled to and from the airport. Carlingview had a system that worked just fine for me.
The parking: When I arrived, I was told that a shuttle bus would lead me in my car to an offsite parking lot. I prefer an onsite lot but I understand that most hotels can't accommodate all the cars they might get. The shuttle came every hour on the hour, in my case 9 p.m. The bus led our cars about 100 meters down the road and then turned down a side road behind a coffee shop, stopping in front of a chain fenced lot beside some warehouses. The lot has no lighting and it's unpaved meaning rather huge dips and bumps you have to navigate through very slowly as you find a spot. I hid from view everything I could inside my car, but otherwise I felt comfortable with the security of the lot. Then the shuttle bus took us back to the hotel.
They have a business centre in the lobby where you can use the internet to check in for your flight and print boarding passes.
The shuttle service to the airport is 24/7. The hotel has auto-wake up calls on request (a given requirement) and I was up at 3 a.m. to catch a 3:45 a.m. shuttle to the airport. The shuttle to the airport ran every half hour on the quarter hour which I think provides a fair enough window to get to the airport close to when you need to, The driver was friendly and alert (trust me, I've had "sleepy" shuttle drivers before...you don't want them) and helped with my bags.
Arrival shuttle service is on call. I rang the front desk at around 12:50 a.m. just as my bag dropped down the chute, walked to the shuttle area outside and was picked up at around 1:15 a.m. 10 minutes earlier would have been just perfect, but you can never get home fast enough when arriving at that time of night, tbh.
The same friendly driver picked me up, helped me with my bags again, and drove me back to the dark parking lot (I brought a pocket flashlight) to pick up my car. I was driving home by 1:30 a.m.
I actually don't live that far from Pearson Airport. I saw the deal online and it made sense to me knowing I didn't have to get up any earlier to drive myself in the middle of the night to the airport. Getting that extra hour or two of sleep was a bonus. So for the price, it was near perfect. I doubt I would do it at regular price (I'd imagine it might effectively double it), but if I lived further away, I'd consider it and recommend the hotel itself as a fine place to stay a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport is a well appointed, comfortable non-branded hotel offering value without compromises. Whether staying for a day or a few days, you can expect warm hospitality, friendly guest services team, a clean environment and amenities you have come to expect like free high speed wifi throughout the hotel, complimentary breakfast pastries and coffee/tea in the lobby and in some guest rooms, microwave and mini-fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlingview Airport Hotel
- Carlingview Airport Toronto
- Carlingview Hotel Toronto