“Great deal for a Toronto Park, Sleep, and Fly”

Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Ranked #72 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Great deal for a Toronto Park, Sleep, and Fly”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This review is taking into account that I picked up an online discount deal that paid for a night at the hotel and up to 14 days of parking in their offsite lot. The discount price is equivalent to what I would have paid for long term parking at Park and Fly.

Service was very professional and friendly enough, and the room I had (a King bed with a pull out sofa bed) was spacious and clean. But the real key to these Park, Sleep, and Fly places is the system they use to get you parked, settled in, and shuttled to and from the airport. Carlingview had a system that worked just fine for me.

The parking: When I arrived, I was told that a shuttle bus would lead me in my car to an offsite parking lot. I prefer an onsite lot but I understand that most hotels can't accommodate all the cars they might get. The shuttle came every hour on the hour, in my case 9 p.m. The bus led our cars about 100 meters down the road and then turned down a side road behind a coffee shop, stopping in front of a chain fenced lot beside some warehouses. The lot has no lighting and it's unpaved meaning rather huge dips and bumps you have to navigate through very slowly as you find a spot. I hid from view everything I could inside my car, but otherwise I felt comfortable with the security of the lot. Then the shuttle bus took us back to the hotel.

They have a business centre in the lobby where you can use the internet to check in for your flight and print boarding passes.

The shuttle service to the airport is 24/7. The hotel has auto-wake up calls on request (a given requirement) and I was up at 3 a.m. to catch a 3:45 a.m. shuttle to the airport. The shuttle to the airport ran every half hour on the quarter hour which I think provides a fair enough window to get to the airport close to when you need to, The driver was friendly and alert (trust me, I've had "sleepy" shuttle drivers before...you don't want them) and helped with my bags.

Arrival shuttle service is on call. I rang the front desk at around 12:50 a.m. just as my bag dropped down the chute, walked to the shuttle area outside and was picked up at around 1:15 a.m. 10 minutes earlier would have been just perfect, but you can never get home fast enough when arriving at that time of night, tbh.

The same friendly driver picked me up, helped me with my bags again, and drove me back to the dark parking lot (I brought a pocket flashlight) to pick up my car. I was driving home by 1:30 a.m.

I actually don't live that far from Pearson Airport. I saw the deal online and it made sense to me knowing I didn't have to get up any earlier to drive myself in the middle of the night to the airport. Getting that extra hour or two of sleep was a bonus. So for the price, it was near perfect. I doubt I would do it at regular price (I'd imagine it might effectively double it), but if I lived further away, I'd consider it and recommend the hotel itself as a fine place to stay a night.

Room Tip: They have rooms that don't face the parking lot if you're concerned about car noise, especia...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TreeNSquirrel
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear TreeNSquirrel, thank you for your review on Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport. We are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our special promotion for Stopover guests. Our staff do a remarkable job with our stopover guests and we hope you had an enjoyable trip!
Look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
London, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The room was quiet,comfortable and clean. The staff were very helpful. Shuttle service and parking was fine. The tzatziki, calamari and greek salad in the attached greek resturant was excellent. A perfect stop for weary travellers. Thank you Luba. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GeneGeneDancingMach
Dear GeneGeneDancingMach, thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport. I will certainly pass on your kind words to Luba and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Comox Valley, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our Park and Fly stay at Hotel Carlingview on 20 Sep 12 was GREAT, and at only $79.00 through Jaunt it was truly the best price ever!
Check in was smooth and professional.
The Front Desk called up to our room when the shuttle arrived, and I followed it in my car to their long term parking located right behind the hotel.
The room was bright, cheerful, very clean and newly renovated; it was really a surprise to us!
The convenience of having a restaurant on site was outstanding and we really enjoyed Mr. Greek (reviewed separately).
Our sleep was excellent and we enjoyed the firm bed.
Wake up call was on time, coffee and pastry was waiting for us in the lobby at "O-Dark Hundred" (first time ever in any hotel, much appreciated) and the shuttle was on time to the minute, total professionalism!
Upon our return to Toronto, we called the number given, and made our way to C22 easily where we had the quickest pickup ever. The shuttle driver was very friendly and assisted us with our luggage, took us directly to the long term parking and assisted us with baggage and waited until we left the lot.
Fact is the entire package was less cost than the price of parking a vehicle, so seriously? When you factor in a great room, a good meal and a comfortable sleep before travelling, how can you go wrong?
In closing, this was the BEST price for the BEST service ever and I would recommend to anyone going on vacation who requires a park and fly service to try this service.
Cheers,
Paul

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paulshappy
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Paulshappy, thank you for your detailed review of our property. I will certainly post this for our hard working associates at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport as I'm sure they will appreciate your kind words. We pride ourselves with our close proximity to Pearson International Airport, Complimentary Airport Shuttle and most importantly our great associates.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Check in is always smooth. Rooms clean and most are recently renovated. Ground floor rooms have motel style outside doors to parking lot which allows easy access in and out with suitcases.
Airport shuttle service is the best at YYZ, less wait times. Where this facility excels though is the car storage area which is a gated and secure area, you keep your own keys, shuttle will drop you at your car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Stellis7
Dear Stephen E, thanks for your review on your recent stay at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport. Your kind words inspire our associates and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2012

stayed at the hotel on a package which included dinner at mr greek (it was a very average meal, but that was not unexpected) and also the hotel let us park our vehicle in their parking lot for the week while we were on vacation. Their airport van got us to the airport on time. They give a phone number to call when you arrive to have them come pick you up....they only pick up on request, the airport bus is not on a regular schedule. I called them from post 22c at terminal 3 at 2:55pm......at 3:25pm I called again asking when the van would be arriving. The van arrived at 3:40. .......waiting 45 minutes for the van was excessive in my opinion . The hotel rooms are average to below average and the complimentary breakfast was a very poor offering....the worst (free breakfast buffet type) I've ever experienced.....coffee and a few danish or other sweet rolls....no cereal, juice, or any other drinks. I normally use the value park garage and take the air tram to the terminal but our flight was so early we decided to use the Carlingview. Will avoid in the future

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachbumzzzz
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear beachbumzzzz, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Although we strive to exceed our guest’s expectations I apologize that this was not the case in your situation. I would like to speak with you in further detail at your convenience in order to obtain some additional detail from you as our shuttle service does run on a schedule. With respect to our breakfast I will certainly look into the matter myself but we do offer a light continental breakfast for our guests at no charge which includes coffee, tea, muffins and pastries.

We hope you will consider us again on your travels and I look forward to speaking with you soon as I have sent you a separate message with my direct contact information.

Regards

Lynbrook
Reviewed August 20, 2012

As of August 2012, for a little over 100 Cdn dollars (13% tax extra), you can get a nice room, friendly service, and great breakfast option. The Greek restaurant attached to the hotel is pretty good, even for my fussy vegetarian wife. It's close to the airport but an hour from downtown Toronto by nearby public bus - subway, at $3/person.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Arthur M
HotelGMCourtyard, Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Arthur M, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other viewers. We pride ourselves with our great location to the airport and surrounding area. Your kind words regarding our staff will be shared with our team and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The RV rental company forced us to have one night at a hotel, before we could collect the RV. The Carlingview was a cheap option for us. The hotel is near the airport, reasonable clean. The room was big enough for two adults and one child. Good for one night, not more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 137 in Toronto
Canadas Best Value Inn Toronto

Been to Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!