“A Decent Choice for Pre-Flight Stayover”

Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Ranked #70 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Barrie, Canada
“A Decent Choice for Pre-Flight Stayover”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The Carlingview Hotel is acceptable choice for just an overnight visit. In my experience, it was clean, affordable and achieved all my realistic expectations. Certainly a viable option to just using Park 'N' Fly and for only a few more dollars. Save yourself the hassle of the traffic and the rushing around. Sleep in a few extra minutes. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast before you board the shuttle to the airport. Take advantage of parking included with your stay.

All in all, I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Rob H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Thorold, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a stop-over on our return from Mexico. We dropped our car off on the way down. The parking lot is located in a locked lot behind the hotel. When we dropped our car off we checked in with the front desk. The room had to be guaranteed by cash or credit card. The front desk man radioed the bus driver and he was at the front door within minutes. We placed our luggage on board and my wife boarded the bus. I followed him to the lot in my car. He unlocked the gate and I parked my car. Then he drove us to the airport.
On our return I called the hotel and the bus was there to pick us up in 10 minutes. He drove us back to the hotel. We checked in at 5:00 am, thanks to a flight delay. The front desk attendant told us that we would be allowed to stayuntill 1:00 pm considering the late arrival. That was nice. We were assigned our room and had keys in hand in no time at all. We were offered complimentary muffins and coffee or tea. I declined but my wife had a muffin.
The room was big, clean and well appointed. There was a king size bed with plenty of blankets, a big screen TV, coffee maker and a clean bathroom with a full bath.
When we checked out the front desk attendant called the bus driver and he arrived within minutes to take me back to the parking lot. I opted to leave the bags with my wife at the hotel and returned with the car. Everything was as smooth as glass. I was truly impressed. I've stayed at more reputable and way costlier hotels and not had this kind accommodationion or service. I would recommendend this place to anyone and I will certainly be using it again myself.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chuck333
toronto
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel at least twice a year over the last 10 years. Some of the staff have been there that entire time. Rooms are always clean but a little dated. For the price it is a good place to stay and park your vehicle for a week or more. As I have read in other reviews the shuttle pickup from the airport can be hit or miss. This last trip into the airport took 45 min after I had reached the S5 pickup point. Having said that, getting to the airport is always on time. There are many good places to eat around the Carlingview, if Greek is not your cup of tea. Just remember if you open the bottled water i twill cost.

Room Tip: The aircraft stop flying after 11:00pm
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mlb58Toronto
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We booked this hotel for two nights on business and found it to be a pleasant, clean place to stay, with friendly, professional desk staff. Our room had two queen beds which were very comfortable, and standard furnishings. We arrived late in the evening ,phoned the shuttle from the airport and waited only a few minutes for our five minute ride to the hotel. We had dinner at the on-site Greek restaurant which has very good food.
The hotel offers a small continental breakfast of coffee or tea and fresh muffins and pastries. We chose to add a breakfast voucher when we booked online, and ate breakfast next door at the Marriott Courtyard. There they have a full buffet breakfast including eggs cooked to order.
The Carlingview also gives free passes to the pool at the Marriott, which is a good size and includes a hot tub. The Saturday afternoon I swam there I had the entire place to myself. There is also a small gym attached with tread mills and a bowflex type machine.
The Carlingview lobby is warm and inviting with a natural gas fireplace. computer access and comfortable seating. I suppose because of the park and fly packages available, there were people in the lobby returning from or leaving for places like Costa Rica, Punta Cana and Mexico.This made for some interesting lobby conversations.
The biggest disadvantage to the hotel is the roar of airplanes passing close by overhead. However, we were pleased that on both nights of our stay, the planes stopped flying at approximately 11 P.M. and didn't start again until 6:30 A.M. or so.
We would definitely stay there again - especially at the price and with the amenities of the Marriott Courtyard , only a few steps away ,next door.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank warmheart57
Jamaica
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The sole redeeming point for this place is proximity to Toronto international airport, but at the end of the main runway. I exited the airport at midnight, phoned for the hotel shuttle & proceeded to wait 45 long minutes for a bus only 5 minutes away. Very small sign on bus identifies it for this hotel. Room was adequate. Breakfast in the lobby (never saw restaurant open) was tepid coffee and a hard cheese tea biscuit. (I went to the hotel next door instead). Place equal to a low level motel. Expensive for what you got

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank im44
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Booked their Winter Stopover Package, $99. Hotel allowed us a reverse package, i.e. park car for 7 days and then one night accommodation at end of trip.

First floor room had a king bed, sofabed and flatscreen tv. No fridge/microwave, but very comfortable for a one night stay and definitely worth the price we paid.

Would recommend hotel for its' value, location to airport and 24 hr. shuttle service to/from Pearson.

Room Tip: We were given a non-smoking room on the first floor, but be warned there are smoking rooms on first...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kodie123
Owen Sound
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We used the Carlingview hotel for the fly park package. the rate was excellent. Our departure room with the flypark package was just over $100.00 plus tax and our return night was $79.00 plus tax. It included two weeks free parking and shuttle. They have renovated the rooms and they are quite large and comfortable. It is handy having the restaurant attached as once you park your car you do not have to travel for food. We ate breakfast at the airport as their breakfast bar is very limited. The shuttle service has improved as they use trans swift and they are readily available. We only waited 5 minutes. Make sure it has Carlingview on the side or ask the driver.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Beverly D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel
#68 of 136 in Toronto
Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Comfort Hotel Airport North
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!