“February in Toronto”

Ranked #50 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Stephenville, Canada
“February in Toronto”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had stayed at the Toronto airport in January on business. The hotel wasn't great so this trip in February we chose the Westin. Check in was great. Staff were great and the room was very clean and modern. We stayed 4 nights and were happy with the visit.I had a business meeting on our last day. I asked for a late check out and the staff were very obliging. This was very much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Bob709
Thank you for the positive review!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip this time in Toronto. Our associates always take great care of our guests and ensure that you leave more renewed than when you arrived. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We arrived late- about 1:00 am- checked in and headed to our room on the 7th floor...which looked nice in the dark and then we realized there was only one bed. We had specifically called to add a second person and to ensure two beds. Drag back down to front desk where we were told we did not book two beds, yes there was a note adding a second person to the room but no note re a second bed so therefore we did not do it, maybe they could give us a roll away which we did not want for four nights. Someone else came out and then said so sorry the note was not on the file, here is a room with two beds...room 452. Headed back up the elevator to 4th floor where we began a long journey down dark hallways, wet carpets, doors that were damaged to a freezing cold wing- we joked we were being punished and were in the staff housing wing perhaps- it truly looked, smelled and felt like a bad dorm. All noise from the hallway was heard in the room and pretty sure a team was celebrating up and down the halls. The next day in the light (what there was as the halls are very dark and dingy) we saw bulging walls with water damage in the halls, the wet carpet now was soaked and splashed as we walked through it, dirty laundry was in the halls every day no matter what time, water damaged ceilings, doors that had been damaged and reenforced with big bolts....just gross. So for a Westin Brand- don't bother- we will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dee E
Meghan B, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dee E,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay and we would like to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns. Our GM’s email address is: marsha@westinbristolplace.com please contact her directly to discuss. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Toronto.
Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had an unexpected stop in Toronto due to a flight cancellation so I ended up spending a night at the Westin Bristol Place. The hotel is very close to the airport among many other hotels and restaurants aimed at the traveller, and there is a shuttle service.

The room was very pleasant with smart decor, an extremely comfortable "Westin Heavenly" bed and a big floor-to-ceiling window with downtown Toronto visible in the distance. There were some nice amenities like Starbucks in-room coffee and plenty of room to put your feet up. The bathroom was exceptionally well designed with attractive decor and very nice toiletries.

The only downside, and it was a big one, was an apparently malfunctioning ventilation system... no matter what we did with the thermostat, there was absolutely no air circulation inside the room and I couldn't open a window. It was hot and extremely stuffy all night, with the room feeling like a windowless attic at the peak of summertime heat. I woke up numerous times feeling like I was suffocating - and I have no medical condition, this is due to the total lack of air coming into the room! The hallway felt like an oasis of cool compared to the room. My wife and I woke up the next day with pounding headaches, no doubt due to the terrible conditions in the room.

When I mentioned this to the front desk I thought it might be an isolated incident, but she acknowledged that it is a big problem throughout the hotel and it is going to be fixed later this year. That's great, but as comfortable as the beds are you can't really have a comfortable sleep without an ample supply of oxygen (details, right!). On that basis I would advise staying away from this hotel until the HVAC system is fixed - which is unfortunate, because I would have otherwise given this hotel a "very good" ranking. I would not want to endure a night like that again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank patrolman_pete
Meghan B, Starwood Hotels at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Patrolman_Pete,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so happy to hear that you found our rooms and Westin Heavenly bed comfortable. We apologize for any issues you experienced with our HVAC unit, we are working diligently on fixing these units with our engineering team. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Toronto.
Springfield
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am fortunate to work for a company who has high regard for its employees and places us in excellent hotels with excellent services . I found the services from front desk to room service exceptional they were most eager to help you .
They greeted with a smile and pleasant greetings .Room was very clean plenty of towels.
The food was fresh and plenty of it .My favorite was the excellent variety for breakfast as I am vegatarian and dont eat meat but fruit and other things offered suited me just fine .
Internet WIFI was there and working.
Close to airport making travel a plus excellent shuttle service too.
I would reccomend this establishment to anyone.

Room Tip: Book closer to elevators or long walk
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed at the Westin in Feb 2013.
I found the hotel overpriced. The room was not clean, had a few cobwebs. They offered me extra points on my SPG if I agreed not to have room service during my stay. Also, they claim to have Wifi which did not work. When I called to complain they charged me for the call, the wifi still did not get fixed! Our service overrated. I was charged over 175 per night. Not a true Westin experience!!
Will not stay again and I have informed my company travel booking not to recommend this to other travelling staff to Toronto,

• Stayed February 2013
Meghan B, Starwood Hotels at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond and provide feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your room was not as well maintained as it should have been. We would be happy to connect with you over email to understand your concerns with the room and internet and make sure we can improve this for future stays. Please contact our GM at marsha@westinbristolplace.com to discuss further. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to Toronto.
Saskatchewan
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been staying here for work over the past 2 years. It is a great place to stay. Front desk staff is execptional.The rooms could use a little updating, but have been well maintained. The breakfast staff are good, except for one who is okay as long as your tipping if not she is not very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Beamsville
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past for business, but we decided to use while going away for a weeks holiday.

Stay one night park for a week !!!!! Great value and the parking and airport shuttle were both flawless.

I will definitely use this service feature in the future.

Tom Pearsons - Caistor Centre Ontario

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 134 in Toronto

Been to Westin Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!