“Very Nice Lodgings with Convenient TTC Access” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Toronto North York

Novotel Toronto North York
Ranked #61 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Sterling Heights, MI
“Very Nice Lodgings with Convenient TTC Access”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had business with a company in the 5140 Yonge Building. This hotel was a terrific choice and I am glad I ignored the bad reviews. The people at the desk were friendly, the WIFI was free, and I didn't need to go outside to get to my customer, the subway station, and Starbucks.

I did hear a tiny bit of drilling at 9PM. It went on for perhaps 15 minutes. There was a little bit of hallway noise, too. I think I was too close to the elevator (room 917).

When I checked in, we had prepaid the room for a king and I was asked if I minded taking a double. It was no problem. I was traveling alone. The only thing the hotel might have done better to make up for the switch was to offer a breakfast coupon or something of the sort, but I did not ask.

Room Tip: The helpdesk worker at the TTC North York station was clueless when I asked him how to find the hote...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael S, General Manager at Novotel Toronto North York, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Many thanks for your feedback. Glad to see you recpgnise our great location.. next to Stabucks and the subway... and at least you do not have to queue for the subway!!
Cheers, Michael.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

The bedding needs upgrade - the two small pillows for a king size bed do not look proportional in the first place. The pillows are not plush and comfy enough and each adult should have two pillows instead of one. The comforter is the same, not plush and comfy at all. We book this hotel is due to the close proximity to our family but the bedding is disappointing. For the price of the room we paid, we found out that there is no whirlpool in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Michael S, General Manager at Novotel Toronto North York, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thanks for feedback, just had a coversation with my colleague and she confirms that all king beeded rooms should have 4 king size pillows, so my apologies, not sure how we missed that one.
And you are correct, we do not have a whirpool... however we do have a very well equipped gym, looking to the North of the city and a warm, salt water pool as alternatives.
Cheers for now, Michael.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a good stay. The staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurant was really good. The only reason i did not rate it a 5 was that the bed was not luxurious and the amenities were not either. That's no big deal if all else is good.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
100 staff and 20+ cultures, all with the same job... make the guest happy!! I'm glad they all suceeded on this occasion, thanks for your positive comments.
Although our beds may not be "luxurious" I hope you found them comfortable and had a good nights sleep.
Thanks for the feedback, cheers, Michael.
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I used the fitness center every day and it was clean and open during convenient hours (starting at 5am I believe). There was some noise from the construction in the attached mall, but I couldn't hear any of it in my room. Just in the corridors and lobby.

The hotel is located next to a metro station which was also convenient - no need to walk outside (it was pretty cold weather when I stayed).

The breakfast was really great, good value for approx. $17 (including tax).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sasha G
Thanks for the feedback, we've worked hard recently on the breakfast offer, both in choice and presentation, so I am glad you gave a positive comment and also shared the great value.
Cheers, Michael.