Novotel Toronto North York
$249
$219
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrio restaurantattached mallsubway stationyonge streetbreakfast buffetexecutive roomrestaurant staffconvenient locationunderground parkingbusiness tripcoffee makerlate checkdowntownloblawssupermarkettheatrelcbo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I spent last night in this modestly priced, beautifully maintained hotel that is located in an interesting neighborhood in north Toronto on the Yonge Street subway line. We were received graciously and we were immediately offered an upgrade to a deluxe king room that was exquisitely furnished and impeccably clean. The bathroom / shower area was well supplied with towels and toiletries, the bed was comfortable, and the hotel restaurant served a nice Sunday brunch that was reasonably priced. What's not to like about this hotel? We will definitely stay there again when we visit Toronto.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mortsy
Michael S, General Manager at Novotel Toronto North York, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Made my Friday!! Thanks for your positive comments, makes everyone's efforts worth while. The whole team work hard every day, so great to receive recognition.
Thanks and regards, Michael.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is on the outskirts of Toronto but it is in a well connected location with a subway station right beside the hotel and not too far from the the 401 highway. North York is a nice neighbourhood with lots of bars and restaurants very close to the hotel.

The hotel lobby is quite nice and there is ample parking underneath the hotel. When taking the lift to my room, my first impression were not good as the corridors looked old, dark and dated. This worried me as I made my down to my room. The room was completely different - modern, bright with all the mod cons you would expect from a good business hotel. The sleep comfort of the bed was very very good and I did not experience any noise from other guests.

Breakfast was a buffet style and there was lots to choose from - it was very well organised.

Overall I was very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your feedback, as you all know I keep harping on about our location, just great whether for business or pleasure you can get to any part of the city very easily.. in fact why not simply stay in North York, lots to see and do.
Breakfast, what great value, $14.95 per person and kids eat free... under $30 for a family of four... a bargain!! .. although I am somewhat biased.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have stayed often over the years. Price is good and location excellent for north Toronto/north suburbs and access to 401 and subway. But carpets are stained and frayed. Maintenance used masking tape to bind wallpaper seams. Room just felt grungy.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your honesty and constructive feedback. I don't know why we would use masking tape to repair wallpaper so i checked with our maintenance team. When they repair the joins between two sheets they will use masking tape to secure the pieces, then remove it when dry. Clearly did not happen, they forgot to go back and finish the repair properly.
Thanks for letting me know, it will not happen again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights on business in early September. It is affordable, well located, with parking conveniently located in the underground. The staff were pleasant, the food in the restaurant was well priced for Toronto, and tasty. In spite of this, I can't say that I particularly enjoyed the experience. My room was dark and there just seemed to be no way to get light into it, regardless the time of day. The TV was screwed to the wall in a position that I found awkward to watch, and there was no bottled water in the room which is something I really missed. I am not wild about drinking water from the tap in glasses provided by the hotel. The common area was tiny, just a few seats at the bar - so I spent more time in my room in the evening than I wanted to, leaving me feeling quite isolated. In summary, I would stay here again if I had to, but would be equally inclined to explore other options in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Novotel Toronto North York, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks for your feedback, clearly we did not explain Trio to you....in that we have lounge and high chairs plus regular restaurant style tables that enables you to sit where you like, whether for work or pleasure. Good observations about the bedroom, always gives me food for thought.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had business on the east side so we stayed at this hotel which has a subway line in the basement of the building. A supermarket across the street accessible via an underground crossing available was useful for snacks. Found a few ethnic restaurants a few blocks away. Very nice front desk staff (Thank you Emi & Ikti)!! The salt water pool was really good to splash around in. 4 of us stayed in a small room with a nice view. The pull out sofa actually accommodated 2 separate twin mattresses which were very comfortable for a not too tall person. There was even an outdoor farmer's market & art festival on the particular Thursday + weekend we were there in August. Good deal!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SeaStarHarmony

Thanks for recognising Emi and Iftikar, great team members who clearly enjoy their work and making the "guests happy". I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found us to be good value, check out our web site novotel.com for our best rates,