“Clean, but needs an upgrade”

Novotel Toronto North York
Ranked #56 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank dminhas
Michael S, General Manager at Novotel Toronto North York, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Reception staff was very helpful. They can organize even a Niagara trip for you. I stayed here for 4 nights. My room was a bit dated, but spacious with a large, comfortable bed. Basic toiletries were provided. I booked via Lufthansa Miles and More service and got a good rate. It's a bit far from downtown Toronto, but a subway station (North York) is right under the building. It takes 25 minutes to get there. There are plenty of small restaurants within 1km. A supermarket with good fruit-selection is located on the opposite side of Yonge street.

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor room for better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank siofok
Michael S, General Manager at Novotel Toronto North York, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thanks for your observations, especially highlighting the short time it takes to get downtown. However there are lots of great restaurants and bars within easy walking distance.... why go downtown?
Thanks again, regards, Michael.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had our family reunion the weekend of July 5 and 6th. I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and I can't say enough about it. The staff was very friendly the rooms clean and a nice size. Bath room really nice size. The breakfast was really good. The reunion banquet was held in the banquet room which was fantastic. The staff were really great in helping us set up the room just the way we wanted it and the food was delicious.
Can't say enough about the hotel and their staff. I and my grandkids really enjoyed the pool. Nice size.

Will use this hotel again.
Marion from NJ USA

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MarionNJ
Michael S, General Manager at Novotel Toronto North York, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you... if only we could get it right "every" time. Thank you for your very positive comments. Cathy and Kuga also send their regards, they tell me you were a great family to work with. Thanks for your support.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for one night before going away for vacation.
We got a room upgrade which was very nice.
The room was nice with flat TV and nice bathroom, it had a fridge which was nice. I didn't try their breakfast but I tried their restaurant for dinner and I got disapointed with their service. The food was tasty but the servers didn't have a lot of experience, they forgot to ask for our drinks. Overall it was good. It is close to the subway

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Colamq

Thanks for your feedback. I have to share my disappointment with you!! I'm not sure how many training / coaching sessions we have had with the Trio team on the subject of "making the guest happy", which of course includes drinks service.... clearly we have more work to do. My apologies, we will get better!!
On the plus side I am glad you enjoyed your stay and recognise the value we offer compared to the downtown Toronto hotels.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have been staying there once a year for 3 years (between 2-3 days at a time). The carpet in the room this time was stained, towels rough, paper cups for drinking your coffee in. No water all day the 2nd day due to the city doing work, ice machine out of order on the floor. Noisy for awhile late the second night (busloads of teenagers on a school trip) on the same floor and above me. On checking out no asking if I enjoyed my stay or any complaints just did you get a paper under your door with cost and that was it. I chose this hotel as I lived in the neighborhood for many years and close to everything but will think twice next year. I'm sure they could afford to upgrade the rooms. Their restaurant and lobby are beautiful so they should decorate their rooms to the same standard.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Wanda I

Great feedback, thank you, certainly given the team plenty to think about. I'm sorry about the water, the City threw us right out by only advising us the day before we would have no water all day, however they did finish on time and their was minimal disruption within the hotel... all is well now.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

If this hotel cleaned its carpets and the chair in the room the hotel would be very good. Nice staff easy parking easy access to subway convenient shopping and a very comfortable bed. Get a room above the 4th floor remember that this is a European style room so don't expect a large room but quite comfortable

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Slabotsky
An Accor traveler
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank An Accor traveler
Michael S, General Manager at Novotel Toronto North York, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013