“Very comfortable beds”

Ranked #48 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Kitchener, Canada
“Very comfortable beds”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Check in was ok. We felt the staff could be a little more friendly here. They seem a little snobbish.

The room was nice. You could tell it's an older property, but you couldn't tell that from the room, other than the bathroom.

The beds were one of the nicest hotel beds we've ever slept on.

We love how the hotel had so much greenery on property.

It would have been nice if the hotel had some menus from the onsite restaurants in the room. We wound up going down the street for dinner instead.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
chickkypoo,
Thank you for your review. We are happy our Heavenly beds provided such a positive experience. At the same time we are sorry to read that your service encounters were not as memorable. Generally we receive high praise for the service provided our team members and we have informed them of your comments so they understand that consistency is the key to our success. In the rooms we do provide an in room dining menu however to ensure the rooms are as clutter free as possible we have menu's for alternative outlets available through our Front and Bell desk staff. We hope you are able to stay again when in Toronto.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
indiana
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here one night when we were going to a concert in Toronto. It was amazing, the staff was very friendly, the bellhop was kind and prompt, the rooms were amazing and clean, great view! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting someplace nice and it's great for a romantic evening alone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dawnloveszombie
Dawnloveszombie,
We are happy you enjoyed the property and we also hope you enjoyed your time at the concert. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for such a special occasion and when returning we hope we are able to accommodate you again. Should you require any future assistance please feel free to connect with me directly.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2014

just wanted to take the time and comment on what a great hotel this is. check in was smooth and they made a point of having our rooms ready as early as possible since we were here for a wedding that was a big help. my son has sever allergies and at each meal the chef came out to discuss with him exactly what he could and could not eat and even made him special meals which made his day. marie, you really went out of your way and I will need to know how you made those potatoes so delish. also worth noting is the lovely young woman who helped me with a small problem I had. Stephanie you are amazing and represent all that someone in the service industry of hotel management should be. a warm smile and an intuitive sense that stands out. I was extremely tired and you picked up on it asking me if you could get me a tea or something sent to my room. I said it was okay, but you sent me two bottles of water and a wonderfully decadent chocolate soufflé. it was super yummy and it put a smile on my face and I really needed that. the staff, the amenities, the pool, and the location are all excellent. we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: all the rooms were beautiful
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
m m,
Thank you for such a detailed and inspiring review. It's great to see that so many team members, including Marie, Chef and Stefannie, made such a positive impact and added to the overall experience you had. We hope the wedding was a success and we hope this ensures you will be staying with us when in Toronto next. If ever needing any assistance, please feel free to call upon me.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is indeed a beautiful hotel on a prime property, the reception staff were excellent and the hotel is spotless. Maybe it was me but I couldn't find a guide in my room to tell me about the amenities, I called the front desk about the fitness centre but who knows what else I may have missed. I didn't have any trouble finding menu's in my room for all the food I could get through room service.

I'm a 'Gold Preffered Starwood Guest' but that was ignored at check in, not that I missed much - other than I could have received free WiFi in my room which frankly I think should be included anyway.

I was also very surprised that while I told them at check in that I was there to attend an event at the hotel the next day AND I paid for parking, I came out to my car to find a ticket on my car from TargetPark.

In summary, a nice hotel but there's a little too much emphasis placed on getting you to spend more while you're there as opposed to ensuring you feel you've gotten value for what you already paid.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Steve_Z_ON,
Thank you for your review and in reading through it we apologize for the issues you experienced. All rooms come with a in room dining menu and directory. All relevant hotel information is provided in the directory and we are sorry it seemed to have been missing. We are also sorry that your valued SPG Gold membership was not recognized. As a Gold member you should have been offered complimentary Wi-Fi and the option of additional points or a welcome beverage. We will be sure to discuss this with our Front Desk team. We hope this past stay does not deter you from staying again when in the city.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The hotel is in a good location with regular taxi runs.
Travel time to downtown Toronto is about 15 - 20 mins by taxi.

The environment is very quiet and good for seminars or presentations with well maintained environment.
Very ideal for a family visiting Toronto. Not far from the science center.

Excellent food service with cozy accommodation.

Will definitely use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Stayed twice at the hotel and did not come across any noisy area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Lightzoom,
Thank you for the positive review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the property and you found it a good fit while in town on business. At the same time we are also inspired to read that our property would also be deemed a good choice if travelling on leisure. We hope we can see you staying in the future and hope the next time it is for some much deserved rest and relaxation.
Toronto
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

For travellers not wanting to stay downtown Toronto, this is a fantastic hotel just north of the city centre, and close to the highway. I'm a Toronto resident that stayed in the hotel for a wedding over a couple nights, and loved it. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful with all our needs and inquiries.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is visiting friends/ family in Toronto, or who don't want stay downtown.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Italarmo,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for such a special occasion. We hope the wedding was a success and we are happy to read the team provided you a memorable experience. Location is key and we also believe our property is situated in a part of the city that allows one to experience all it has to offer very easily. Be Well!
Kitchener Ontario
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The one thing I immediately noticed about this wonderful place was the work being done to beautify the gardens around it. It was springtime and the curbs were being painted, thousands of begonias were being planted around the impressively large garden clock and the sprinklers were running on the thick green grass. Continuous upgrading and maintenance is essential to successful hotels and this one surely takes a prize for it.

The lobby was clean and central with the restaurant and bar area close enough for convenience but far enough away that there were no distractions. The elevators were close too and there never seemed to be a wait for one.

Our room had large windows with walkouts to sturdy little balconies at a corner of the room so you could look out and gaze upon the southern skyline of downtown Toronto and Lake Ontario. The hotel seemed to be designed that every room in the tower was a "corner room" with lots of fresh air and viewing capabilities.

The room itself was bright, clean and fresh. The air conditioning system was accurate and easy to operate, a real pleasure!

Staff on the floors, reception and service areas were all very helpful and personable.

Just across the street (York Mills Road) were an assortment of restaurants and a short drive away down Leslie St., is beautifully kept public garden area called Edwards Gardens that one could stroll around in and relax, right in the city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
KitchenerNeon,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We appreciate the time you took in providing such valuable feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed the property and the service provided by our team members. We have shared your thoughts with them and we all hope we can see you staying with us in the future.