“Gorgeous hotel near the 401 and Don Mills Road” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Prince Toronto

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #46 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Kitchener Ontario
“Gorgeous hotel near the 401 and Don Mills Road”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

The one thing I immediately noticed about this wonderful place was the work being done to beautify the gardens around it. It was springtime and the curbs were being painted, thousands of begonias were being planted around the impressively large garden clock and the sprinklers were running on the thick green grass. Continuous upgrading and maintenance is essential to successful hotels and this one surely takes a prize for it.

The lobby was clean and central with the restaurant and bar area close enough for convenience but far enough away that there were no distractions. The elevators were close too and there never seemed to be a wait for one.

Our room had large windows with walkouts to sturdy little balconies at a corner of the room so you could look out and gaze upon the southern skyline of downtown Toronto and Lake Ontario. The hotel seemed to be designed that every room in the tower was a "corner room" with lots of fresh air and viewing capabilities.

The room itself was bright, clean and fresh. The air conditioning system was accurate and easy to operate, a real pleasure!

Staff on the floors, reception and service areas were all very helpful and personable.

Just across the street (York Mills Road) were an assortment of restaurants and a short drive away down Leslie St., is beautifully kept public garden area called Edwards Gardens that one could stroll around in and relax, right in the city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
KitchenerNeon,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We appreciate the time you took in providing such valuable feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed the property and the service provided by our team members. We have shared your thoughts with them and we all hope we can see you staying with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

If you don't need to stay downtown this is a great choice.
Great service and lots of greenspace for walks after a full day at conferences. Lots of food options nearby and in-house facilities serve good quality food at reasonable prices

• Stayed June 2014
Elli362,
"Best spot outside downtown" is a reference we are thrilled to receive. We appreciate your thoughts on your experience with us and we have shared your sentiments with our associates. We hope to see you staying in the future, whether with work or for play.
District Heights, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

After a long drive, I was met with the most pleasant scent. The area by the service desk was gorgeous. The flowing wall of water and modern furniture created a nice peaceful vibe. At one point, the Blue Jays game was playing on the wall behind the waterfall. Truly adorable! As my companion was checking in, I noticed a bar area with nice modern cream furniture against shades of black and brown. Although I had intentions on chilling at the bar, my weekend didn’t allow that to happen.

The young lady at the front desk, Stefanie, was a real sweetheart. She was very knowledgeable about what’s great to eat in the area. She always told my companion and I how to get to various locations. Since using the GPS would have addition international roaming charges, this lovely doll printed off copies of various locations for us.

Since we were extremely tired from the drive, the bed room was most welcomed. The room was clean (as expected), and there was another pleasant scent. I am thinking it was the cleaning products that were used. Yes, one would expect the room to be clean and smell pleasant, but I didn’t expect the bed to be so comfortable.

When we were leaving, Stefanie wished me luck on my half marathon the following day. She was genuinely a pleasant person. Honestly, I think the Westin Prince hired the perfect young lady.
Once returning, the young man at the front desk arranged for a cab to take me to the racing. Again, we needed to have MapQuest directions printed, and he kindly did so.

In the room, there was Starbucks’s coffee. This was so perfect because it was going to be a long day. After the half marathon, the cleanliness of the lobby and room was welcomed. Again, the bed was extremely awesome. I sipped hot tea (also supplied by the hotel) as I drifted off to sleep.

Each day, my companion and I were greeted with the sweetest front desk and concierge employees. The lobby was consistently nice and clean, and the hotel was within walking distance to great restaurants and stores. There was always taxi waiting, so transportation was never an issue.

Although I didn't utilize the facilities, there was a fitness center. If someone forgets their workout clothes , the hotel will rent them to you. In addition, the website says that the Westin Prince is pet-friendly, so your furry family member can enjoy this awesome hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Taheerah B,
What a detailed and refreshing review. It's inspiring to read how much you enjoyed your experience with us and particularly due to the service provided by Stefannie and her colleagues. Our team is committed to providing a positive experience for all guests and we are happy to see you were a witness to this. We have passed along your sentiments to Stefannie and her team members so they may see how their hard work is paying off. We welcome you back anytime.
Campbellford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were bowled over by the service; we were pleased with our rate; and the location was convenient. We've stayed here a few times over the years, with varying satisfaction, but our experience on this stay was as good as it could have been. We had no complaints and will readily return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
petercam56,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay and more importantly thank you for your continued loyalty. We are thrilled this past stay was more positive than some in the past and this shows us we are making impactful strides in meeting your needs and expectations. We will continue to work on this and look forward to your next visit.
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed at the Westin Prince Toronto for a week-long workshop though was somewhat reluctant based on the reviews. I liked the convenience, so I decided to ask for exactly what I wanted so I would not be disappointed.

Even though there was a group rate, I paid more so I could get a room on a high floor and I requested a corner room with a view of the city. And my wishes were granted. Gratefully, I was one floor below PH, with a stellar SW view. My first evening blessed me with a beautiful sunset.

I also made a 'reservation' for the New Balance Gear Lending and a pair of sneakers were held for my arrival. That was awesome.

The room on the other hand was just okay. There was a nice foyer with a mini fridge (thankfully it was empty) and a full length mirror. There was another door to the main sleeping area and I was grateful for that extra door as it kept the bedroom area quiet at night. Even though I got a Deluxe Double Bed Guest Room, it was small. The bathroom was exceptionally small. It had a separate shower and tub, and both were tiny. The standing shower was filled with mold in the corners and it was a bit dated. Even though it had a rainfall shower head, which was a nice feature, it was only a few inches above my head. So, I stuck to the handheld, which I'm grateful was an option. Can't really move around too much in the shower, it's that small. There isn't much countertop space around the sink either. I ended up putting the hairdryer in the wardrobe closet to give me a little extra space.

The wardrobe closet was decent. I asked for extra hangers and was provided an abundance. The desk was nice and large, great for working, and eating. The beds as usual were heavenly. The only other downside for me was access to the balcony, if you could call it that. I understand it could be a safety issue to allow full access, but I was only able to open the sliding door about 3 inches. The window/doors were very dirty, so taking a beautiful picture of the CN Tower during a sunset required me to steadily hold my camera out the narrow door opening, careful not to drop it. Also, for the convenience of fresh air, a 3 inch opening was disappointing.

The food was sufficiently okay, as I ordered room service and ate in the restaurant several times. Though a friend ordered a shrimp and pasta dish and it didn't appear to be too fresh.

Here's a bonus, when you arrive in your room, there's a door hanger (like Do Not Disturb) for declining Housekeeping Service. Each day you decline to have your room made up, you'll receive a $5 coupon to be applied towards a meal or 500 Starwood Points. I used them all on my meals. And if I needed extra toiletries, no problem.

Overall, for the purpose of my stay, it sufficed. The staff was wonderful, so I'd recommend this hotel if you needed to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LisaEaseTravels
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
LisaEaseTravels,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. We see many positives with your recent stay and also some areas of opportunity. We can assure you we are committed to addressing all areas so as to provide a more relaxing and refreshing stay in the future. We do hope to see you staying again.
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed at the Westin Prince many many times while in Toronto, and it is always so warm and welcoming. Conveniently located close to my Toronto office, the staff knows me by name and is personable and genuine. Rooms are spacious and spotless. There is something classy about this place, and it is particularly lovely in warm weather as the grounds are kept so beautifully.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bocain,
We are thrilled that the team continues to provide you with a memorable stay when in Toronto. We have shared your thoughts with all departments so they may see what a positive impression they are making. We look forward to your next visit.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Just off of Highway 401, The Prince is a great choice for Toronto visitors. Service is terrific, with nice restaurants in house. Lots of parking and nicely embedded within a park-like setting. There is a great green option to consider as well.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank WillKnot
WillKnot,
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel, location and our Make a Green Choice program. The program has been in place for a few years now and is quite popular amongst many of our guests. We look forward to you staying again and if I can be of any assistance please reach out to me prior to your arrival.