“Customer Service is AWESOME”

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #59 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed June 4, 2014

After a long drive, I was met with the most pleasant scent. The area by the service desk was gorgeous. The flowing wall of water and modern furniture created a nice peaceful vibe. At one point, the Blue Jays game was playing on the wall behind the waterfall. Truly adorable! As my companion was checking in, I noticed a bar area with nice modern cream furniture against shades of black and brown. Although I had intentions on chilling at the bar, my weekend didn’t allow that to happen.

The young lady at the front desk, Stefanie, was a real sweetheart. She was very knowledgeable about what’s great to eat in the area. She always told my companion and I how to get to various locations. Since using the GPS would have addition international roaming charges, this lovely doll printed off copies of various locations for us.

Since we were extremely tired from the drive, the bed room was most welcomed. The room was clean (as expected), and there was another pleasant scent. I am thinking it was the cleaning products that were used. Yes, one would expect the room to be clean and smell pleasant, but I didn’t expect the bed to be so comfortable.

When we were leaving, Stefanie wished me luck on my half marathon the following day. She was genuinely a pleasant person. Honestly, I think the Westin Prince hired the perfect young lady.
Once returning, the young man at the front desk arranged for a cab to take me to the racing. Again, we needed to have MapQuest directions printed, and he kindly did so.

In the room, there was Starbucks’s coffee. This was so perfect because it was going to be a long day. After the half marathon, the cleanliness of the lobby and room was welcomed. Again, the bed was extremely awesome. I sipped hot tea (also supplied by the hotel) as I drifted off to sleep.

Each day, my companion and I were greeted with the sweetest front desk and concierge employees. The lobby was consistently nice and clean, and the hotel was within walking distance to great restaurants and stores. There was always taxi waiting, so transportation was never an issue.

Although I didn't utilize the facilities, there was a fitness center. If someone forgets their workout clothes , the hotel will rent them to you. In addition, the website says that the Westin Prince is pet-friendly, so your furry family member can enjoy this awesome hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Taheerah B,
What a detailed and refreshing review. It's inspiring to read how much you enjoyed your experience with us and particularly due to the service provided by Stefannie and her colleagues. Our team is committed to providing a positive experience for all guests and we are happy to see you were a witness to this. We have passed along your sentiments to Stefannie and her team members so they may see how their hard work is paying off. We welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were bowled over by the service; we were pleased with our rate; and the location was convenient. We've stayed here a few times over the years, with varying satisfaction, but our experience on this stay was as good as it could have been. We had no complaints and will readily return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

petercam56,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay and more importantly thank you for your continued loyalty. We are thrilled this past stay was more positive than some in the past and this shows us we are making impactful strides in meeting your needs and expectations. We will continue to work on this and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed at the Westin Prince Toronto for a week-long workshop though was somewhat reluctant based on the reviews. I liked the convenience, so I decided to ask for exactly what I wanted so I would not be disappointed.

Even though there was a group rate, I paid more so I could get a room on a high floor and I requested a corner room with a view of the city. And my wishes were granted. Gratefully, I was one floor below PH, with a stellar SW view. My first evening blessed me with a beautiful sunset.

I also made a 'reservation' for the New Balance Gear Lending and a pair of sneakers were held for my arrival. That was awesome.

The room on the other hand was just okay. There was a nice foyer with a mini fridge (thankfully it was empty) and a full length mirror. There was another door to the main sleeping area and I was grateful for that extra door as it kept the bedroom area quiet at night. Even though I got a Deluxe Double Bed Guest Room, it was small. The bathroom was exceptionally small. It had a separate shower and tub, and both were tiny. The standing shower was filled with mold in the corners and it was a bit dated. Even though it had a rainfall shower head, which was a nice feature, it was only a few inches above my head. So, I stuck to the handheld, which I'm grateful was an option. Can't really move around too much in the shower, it's that small. There isn't much countertop space around the sink either. I ended up putting the hairdryer in the wardrobe closet to give me a little extra space.

The wardrobe closet was decent. I asked for extra hangers and was provided an abundance. The desk was nice and large, great for working, and eating. The beds as usual were heavenly. The only other downside for me was access to the balcony, if you could call it that. I understand it could be a safety issue to allow full access, but I was only able to open the sliding door about 3 inches. The window/doors were very dirty, so taking a beautiful picture of the CN Tower during a sunset required me to steadily hold my camera out the narrow door opening, careful not to drop it. Also, for the convenience of fresh air, a 3 inch opening was disappointing.

The food was sufficiently okay, as I ordered room service and ate in the restaurant several times. Though a friend ordered a shrimp and pasta dish and it didn't appear to be too fresh.

Here's a bonus, when you arrive in your room, there's a door hanger (like Do Not Disturb) for declining Housekeeping Service. Each day you decline to have your room made up, you'll receive a $5 coupon to be applied towards a meal or 500 Starwood Points. I used them all on my meals. And if I needed extra toiletries, no problem.

Overall, for the purpose of my stay, it sufficed. The staff was wonderful, so I'd recommend this hotel if you needed to stay in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LisaEaseTravels
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

LisaEaseTravels,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. We see many positives with your recent stay and also some areas of opportunity. We can assure you we are committed to addressing all areas so as to provide a more relaxing and refreshing stay in the future. We do hope to see you staying again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed at the Westin Prince many many times while in Toronto, and it is always so warm and welcoming. Conveniently located close to my Toronto office, the staff knows me by name and is personable and genuine. Rooms are spacious and spotless. There is something classy about this place, and it is particularly lovely in warm weather as the grounds are kept so beautifully.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Bocain,
We are thrilled that the team continues to provide you with a memorable stay when in Toronto. We have shared your thoughts with all departments so they may see what a positive impression they are making. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Just off of Highway 401, The Prince is a great choice for Toronto visitors. Service is terrific, with nice restaurants in house. Lots of parking and nicely embedded within a park-like setting. There is a great green option to consider as well.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WillKnot

WillKnot,
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel, location and our Make a Green Choice program. The program has been in place for a few years now and is quite popular amongst many of our guests. We look forward to you staying again and if I can be of any assistance please reach out to me prior to your arrival.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The Westin Prince Toronto hotel is located on the north side of York Mills Road and to the west of Don Mills Road in Toronto, Ontario. Access to the Don Valley Parkway is about 1km to the east of the hotel and access to Highway 401 is about 2 km from the property. Major Toronto tourist attractions such as the CN Tower, the Rogers Centre, and the Air Canada Centre are about 18-19km away . The Ontario science centre is only a hop skip and jump away down Don Mills road, and this is the perfect hotel if you are planning to visit that attraction (as I did).

The pet friendly hotel includes a health club, a seasonal outdoor pool, tennis courts, a putting green, concierge service, luggage storage, a business centre, and laundry service. Parking is available at the hotel as well as internet. It is much easier to park here than going downtown
Toronto with horrendous traffic and extremely pricey parking fees.

The hotel is surrounded by 15 acres of parkland and has spectacular view from the higher
floors. It is a 21 story hotel plus fantastic penthouse suites. All the rooms appeared to be spacious, well designed and clean. All the rooms are non smoking and common amenities include irons,ironing boards,coffee makers, minibars, 42 inch flat screen TV's with in room movies and hair dryer. The bed was very comfortable with pristine high end cotton sheets.
Shower had good water pressure and everything was working.

I found the staff to be friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. The lobby is a great place to hang out in the evening with a piano being played in the background. It is also the location for a spectacular breakfast buffet each morning and weekend brunch.( a must)
There are also 2 other restaurants on the property. Katsura (Japanese) and Gilaneh (Persian)
The lobby restaurant is named "Seasons"
My wife and I chose to dine at Katsura which was amazing. This is probably one of the best Japanese restaurants I have eaten at in a long time. We chose the lobster and filet pre fixe menu
with 5 servings of different high end sake's. Delicious. A little pricey, but worth every single penny. You will not regret it.
I discovered also that this is a perfect place for wedding parties. Probably because it is so close to lush parklands and the famous Edwards Gardens.( great for pictures)
I grew up not too far from this hotel and never had the opportunity to visit it . I now live in Hamilton, and next time I need to stay in Toronto or just North of it, this is a no brainer place to come back for a repeat visit.
Many thanks to the staff and management of the Westin Prince for making our stay pleasant
and memorable!

The 21 story hotel has 388 guest rooms all of which are non-smoking. Common amenities include irons, ironing boards, coffee makers, minibars, 42" flat screen televisions, in-room movies, and hair dryers.

Room Tip: higher the better for views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rayz

rayz,
Thank you for such a detailed review. Such insight is truly valuable and we thank you for the designation as best alternative to downtown. We concur that our location is ideal as it helps provide our guests with a refreshing and calming stay while still being close to all that Toronto has to offer. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The lobby was gorgeous. Staff was friendly and quick. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and decent. The only complaints we had was that the rooms were very warm, even after turning down the the thermostat and turning the fan on high we still found them hot. Also, when I went to get ice from the ice room it was completely empty.
We stayed in a room with two double beds, the beds were comfortable and had tons of pillows. They did provide a crib for my baby at no extra charge, which was great!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Bowribbonmama,
We thank you for the review and positive rating. We are sorry however to read that your room temperature was high as we understand how this could provide for an uncomfortable sleep. We have had our engineering team look into this and our cooling system is not fully operational. We hope we can see you staying with us again this summer.