“It was average. Nothing special.”

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #61 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had a basic room with two double beds. From the pictures I viewed on their website they advertised as the room, I was a little disappointed that the pictures of the rooms seem to be of the executive or better rooms. I did enjoy however the big screen TV.

The bathroom is not like the pictures shows on their website, so don't expect what you see if you book the basic room. The shower, for someone above 6 feet tall, is not very good, and the dual shower heads don't help much, again, being tall.

I was there for one night for business and it was average. Compared to other lower priced hotels, I did not find the higher price of this hotel worth it. I guess you pay for the Westin name only if you choose not to stay in the deluxe or better rooms.

Given the choice again, i don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was perhaps a bit biased by it being Spring... we drove up to a front entry surrounded by cherry trees in full blossom. That was pretty special. The Prince is a lovely property in an isle of calm surrounded by bustling Toronto. Almost spa-like in its presentation. Lobby is very nice and you can get free internet there (they charge serious money in the rooms) and its a nice place to sit and talk. The room was very nice, very clean and it had a Great! bed. All in all, great place to stay out of the downtown core. There were lots of little places to eat in the surrounding block and there's an LCBO with Vintages just down the street. What more could you ask?

Room Tip: The hotel is pretty square... all have good views, it just depends on what which way to want to gaze...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Roger P,
Being situated on 15 acres of parkland enables us to provide the spa-like setting you describe and we are happy you enjoyed this aspect of our property. Another great addition, in the summer, is our outdoor pool and it will be opening soon. Along with the hotel, we are happy you found the neighbourhood amenities to be easily accessible. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again for taking the time to inform us of your experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife had a business meeting at the Westin Prince. So I tagged along for the free trip. Room was very nice and comfy. Bed was soft and room was clean. Only complaint, we could hear the people in the rooms next to us and in the hallway. We did not eat here, but did drink in the lobby bar. Drinks were pricey but the staff was great. I would stay here again for business, but would rather stay downtown if we come back to stay in Toronto.

We did go across the street to the Fox and fiddle. We ate and drank there. Had a good time and enjoyed the sun and weather on their patio. Suggest you go there for bar food and drinks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

s0ckit2me
We are delighted that you were able to accompany your wife while she was on business. We do hope she also had some free time to relax and unwind. Our Heavenly Beds do provide a refreshing night’s sleep and we are happy you were able to experience this first hand. Our outdoor pool will soon be opening and this is an element that would further enhance a summer time return. Thank you again for providing us your insight and when returning please connect with me so I may personally assist.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was in Toronto for a charitable event and stayed at the Westin Prince for one night. Hotel is close to a variety of eating establishments to please all types of eating needs. A short cab or bus ride (right outside the hotel) will get you to the main subway line into downtown Toronto.

The hotel has undergone renovations and the upgrade has been done wonderfully. Hotel rooms are very clean, lots of windows for natural sunlight. The bathrooms were my greatest pleasure, being a neat freak as to where I "sit" down !! Clean, towels have been replaced - no dried out material to scape you as you dry off! The crowning glory though are the showers AWSOME !!! I did not want to get out. The double headed shower head was sooooooooooo good.

The reception staff was very helpful, assisting us with our questions. We did not eat dinner here, but breakfast was perfect! We were also given coupon for a coffee traveller ! A very nice touch.

Room Tip: Rooms in north east corner look over back of property and valley below. Rooms in south west look do...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Denise B
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your thoughts on your most recent stay. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by the team and also the enhancements we have made to the hotel over the past few years. We are also encouraged to read that you enjoyed our Heavenly Shower heads. We hope you are able to return in the near future and if doing so please connect with me prior to your stay so I may assist with your next room assignment.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Westin Prince is the only hotel we stay at when visiting relatives in Toronto. Not only is the location perfect for us, but the hotel itself is wonderful.We have not had a bad experience in any of our half dozen stays. The rooms are clean and well furnished and the staff is always helpful and attentive. It was our daughter's birthday Saturday night during our stay and the Manager surprised us by sending 4 chocolate lava dessert cakes and a birthday card signed by the staff, to the room. Needless to say, they were very well appreciated! (and delicious!).
The kids are already looking forward to our next stay at the Prince when we visit Toronto again later this year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Stuart W
Thank you for your continued loyalty when travelling to Toronto. It’s inspiring to read that we are your hotel of choice and our aim is to keep you coming back for years to come. I’m delighted the team was able to recognize your daughter’s special day and acknowledge it in a special way. I have conveyed your sentiments to them so they may see how impactful their thoughtfulness was in making such a positive experience. We welcome you back any time and please let me know when you are returning so I may assist. As a reminder, our outdoor heated pool will be opening in the next week or so and this will only enhance a summer time visit.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Prince Hotel on 2 May 2013. On checking in we were very impressed with the young lady whom we dealt with at the front desk she was extremely helpful and polite.
We were given a very nice corner suite (1902) which gave us a nice view of the city.
A short time later room service arrived at our door with a complimentary cheese tray together with a bottle of wine and hand written card signed by all the front desk team wishing me a happy retirement. (I only mentioned in passing when we checked in that I was having my retirement dinner at a nearby location) What a wonderful surprise !!
Later on the air conditioning in our room started blowing hot air. A call to the front desk
assured that it would be dealt with immediately. We left to go out for dinner and came back to a nice cool room.
Upon waking the next day there was a letter placed under our door apologizing for the
problem we had with the A/C and enclosed were two complimentary breakfast vouchers.
Although we only spent one night at the hotel we thought the service we received was
just incredible, we really felt we were treated like royalty.
There will be no doubt as to where we will be staying next time we are in this area.
Great job Westin and to all your fabulous staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnalice

JohnAlice,
Customer service is vital in our industry and something we focus on with the team. We are delighted your arrival experience was positive and that this level of service remained true throughout your stay. We are sorry to hear about your guestroom HVAC issue and we are keeping an eye on each room for this moving forward. We have passed along your comments to our associates so they may see how their actions enhanced your visit. We look forward to you staying again and should you require any assistance please call upon me personally.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Prince Hotel for one night on April 17, 2013. I was very pleasantly surprised. First of all, the room was spacious and very clean. It was nicely decorated, and there were extra electrical outlets near the bed, which I appreciated. The bathroom was a good size and easy to move around in. However, I did find the tub a little narrow when I was standing for my shower. I had to carefully move my feet about, as it was hard to have them side by side, because of the slope on the tub. However, aside from that minor issue, the bathroom was clean and appointed with ample towels and tea tree soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. It had a modern square raised sink. There was also a blow dryer on the counter and a small, movable mirror, which was useful, but needs to be tightened, as it was a little loose.

There was a fridge outside of the washroom and a coffee maker with Starbucks' coffee. Ample closet space was available, as was a safe, that was concealed near the t.v. unit (a unique spot). The TV was a colour LG, which had to have been at least 40 inches or more. It was easy to operate, and could be viewed well from the bed. There was also a desk and chair and an easy chair and ottoman. I noticed there were two bottles of water in the room, but they were marked with a $1.00 tag on each. The tap water was always nice and cold, so really no need for that.

I found the room service menu very quickly, but I could not locate any information about check-out time or how to contact the front desk. That was a bit frustrating. However, I just used the clock radio and it went off, as programmed. After I made several local calls, I found a paper that said they charge $1.00 per local call and .10 cents a minute after 30 minutes. I thought this was a bit lame, and I wasn't impressed that these charges were not more visible on the desk (paper turned over, so you couldn't see them.)

My bill was under my door in the morning and it was accurate. Outside the door was a complimentary Globe and Mail newspaper.

In the lobby, they had green apples in the afternoon (Granny Smith.) I thought that was a nice touch. They also had some flavoured water. On the night I arrived, it was water that had orange rinds/sections floating in it (very refreshing). The day after, it had lemon and lime sections in it (also very, very nice.) Speaking of the lobby, there were lots of available seats, and it was a very open, laid back space.

Each time I exited, someone said "good-bye." When I returned, I was greeted as well. The staff attending the door and the front entrance were always friendly. Parking was ample and not too far a walk from the entrance (front lot.)

I didn't eat in the restaurants, but I was there for a conference and the food the hotel served us was very, very good, fresh, and nicely presented.

Would I return? Yes, I definitely would. It's a nice location, and my room was quiet, and peaceful.
Only thing I would do differently, is to stay TWO nights, instead of one!

Room Tip: My room 506 was in a corner and it was a short walk from the elevator. The view was not grand, but...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Amm63,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience even though it was brief. We are inspired you would return when in the area and with the summer weather coming we would hope you could stay a few days this time. If requiring any assistance with any future bookings, please connect with me so I may personally assist.