“The most awsome showers !”

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #46 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Lakefield
“The most awsome showers !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was in Toronto for a charitable event and stayed at the Westin Prince for one night. Hotel is close to a variety of eating establishments to please all types of eating needs. A short cab or bus ride (right outside the hotel) will get you to the main subway line into downtown Toronto.

The hotel has undergone renovations and the upgrade has been done wonderfully. Hotel rooms are very clean, lots of windows for natural sunlight. The bathrooms were my greatest pleasure, being a neat freak as to where I "sit" down !! Clean, towels have been replaced - no dried out material to scape you as you dry off! The crowning glory though are the showers AWSOME !!! I did not want to get out. The double headed shower head was sooooooooooo good.

The reception staff was very helpful, assisting us with our questions. We did not eat dinner here, but breakfast was perfect! We were also given coupon for a coffee traveller ! A very nice touch.

Room Tip: Rooms in north east corner look over back of property and valley below. Rooms in south west look do...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Denise B
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your thoughts on your most recent stay. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by the team and also the enhancements we have made to the hotel over the past few years. We are also encouraged to read that you enjoyed our Heavenly Shower heads. We hope you are able to return in the near future and if doing so please connect with me prior to your stay so I may assist with your next room assignment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Westin Prince is the only hotel we stay at when visiting relatives in Toronto. Not only is the location perfect for us, but the hotel itself is wonderful.We have not had a bad experience in any of our half dozen stays. The rooms are clean and well furnished and the staff is always helpful and attentive. It was our daughter's birthday Saturday night during our stay and the Manager surprised us by sending 4 chocolate lava dessert cakes and a birthday card signed by the staff, to the room. Needless to say, they were very well appreciated! (and delicious!).
The kids are already looking forward to our next stay at the Prince when we visit Toronto again later this year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stuart W
Thank you for your continued loyalty when travelling to Toronto. It’s inspiring to read that we are your hotel of choice and our aim is to keep you coming back for years to come. I’m delighted the team was able to recognize your daughter’s special day and acknowledge it in a special way. I have conveyed your sentiments to them so they may see how impactful their thoughtfulness was in making such a positive experience. We welcome you back any time and please let me know when you are returning so I may assist. As a reminder, our outdoor heated pool will be opening in the next week or so and this will only enhance a summer time visit.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Prince Hotel on 2 May 2013. On checking in we were very impressed with the young lady whom we dealt with at the front desk she was extremely helpful and polite.
We were given a very nice corner suite (1902) which gave us a nice view of the city.
A short time later room service arrived at our door with a complimentary cheese tray together with a bottle of wine and hand written card signed by all the front desk team wishing me a happy retirement. (I only mentioned in passing when we checked in that I was having my retirement dinner at a nearby location) What a wonderful surprise !!
Later on the air conditioning in our room started blowing hot air. A call to the front desk
assured that it would be dealt with immediately. We left to go out for dinner and came back to a nice cool room.
Upon waking the next day there was a letter placed under our door apologizing for the
problem we had with the A/C and enclosed were two complimentary breakfast vouchers.
Although we only spent one night at the hotel we thought the service we received was
just incredible, we really felt we were treated like royalty.
There will be no doubt as to where we will be staying next time we are in this area.
Great job Westin and to all your fabulous staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnalice
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
JohnAlice,
Customer service is vital in our industry and something we focus on with the team. We are delighted your arrival experience was positive and that this level of service remained true throughout your stay. We are sorry to hear about your guestroom HVAC issue and we are keeping an eye on each room for this moving forward. We have passed along your comments to our associates so they may see how their actions enhanced your visit. We look forward to you staying again and should you require any assistance please call upon me personally.
Caledon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Prince Hotel for one night on April 17, 2013. I was very pleasantly surprised. First of all, the room was spacious and very clean. It was nicely decorated, and there were extra electrical outlets near the bed, which I appreciated. The bathroom was a good size and easy to move around in. However, I did find the tub a little narrow when I was standing for my shower. I had to carefully move my feet about, as it was hard to have them side by side, because of the slope on the tub. However, aside from that minor issue, the bathroom was clean and appointed with ample towels and tea tree soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. It had a modern square raised sink. There was also a blow dryer on the counter and a small, movable mirror, which was useful, but needs to be tightened, as it was a little loose.

There was a fridge outside of the washroom and a coffee maker with Starbucks' coffee. Ample closet space was available, as was a safe, that was concealed near the t.v. unit (a unique spot). The TV was a colour LG, which had to have been at least 40 inches or more. It was easy to operate, and could be viewed well from the bed. There was also a desk and chair and an easy chair and ottoman. I noticed there were two bottles of water in the room, but they were marked with a $1.00 tag on each. The tap water was always nice and cold, so really no need for that.

I found the room service menu very quickly, but I could not locate any information about check-out time or how to contact the front desk. That was a bit frustrating. However, I just used the clock radio and it went off, as programmed. After I made several local calls, I found a paper that said they charge $1.00 per local call and .10 cents a minute after 30 minutes. I thought this was a bit lame, and I wasn't impressed that these charges were not more visible on the desk (paper turned over, so you couldn't see them.)

My bill was under my door in the morning and it was accurate. Outside the door was a complimentary Globe and Mail newspaper.

In the lobby, they had green apples in the afternoon (Granny Smith.) I thought that was a nice touch. They also had some flavoured water. On the night I arrived, it was water that had orange rinds/sections floating in it (very refreshing). The day after, it had lemon and lime sections in it (also very, very nice.) Speaking of the lobby, there were lots of available seats, and it was a very open, laid back space.

Each time I exited, someone said "good-bye." When I returned, I was greeted as well. The staff attending the door and the front entrance were always friendly. Parking was ample and not too far a walk from the entrance (front lot.)

I didn't eat in the restaurants, but I was there for a conference and the food the hotel served us was very, very good, fresh, and nicely presented.

Would I return? Yes, I definitely would. It's a nice location, and my room was quiet, and peaceful.
Only thing I would do differently, is to stay TWO nights, instead of one!

Room Tip: My room 506 was in a corner and it was a short walk from the elevator. The view was not grand, but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Amm63,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience even though it was brief. We are inspired you would return when in the area and with the summer weather coming we would hope you could stay a few days this time. If requiring any assistance with any future bookings, please connect with me so I may personally assist.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this property. I've stayed a few times and it is a nice, quiet property. It's been updated in several areas, including a very nice lobby and the guest rooms are very well appointed. Comfy beds, very quiet rooms. This time the heating in my room was a bit stuffy so I didn't get my usual great sleep at this hotel but was still a good experience. The room rates when they don't have large groups in-house tend to be very reasonable. It's not particularly central to anything but isn't far from the 401 Highway. Good choice for anyone needing to stay in the area. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on a high floor away from elevators. Always get my request.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Kathryn W,
A renewing and peaceful escape is what we aim to provide and I'm delighted you experienced this first hand. I do apologize the ventilation was not functioning 100% and will have this looked into right away. We hope we can see you staying with us again and with the summer coming I would like to remind you that the outdoor pool will be opening soon, which will only enhance the relaxing atmosphere our property strives to deliver.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here for only 1 night in April of 2013. Checked in early and my room was ready, desk staff was very nice, but they referred to my King room as a Deluxe suite (this threw me off as a suite usually means bedroom). Anyways no harm no foul, the room was very nice, lots of room. One feature i did enjoy was a door between the hallway/bathroom and the living area. This blocked out noise as my room was right by the elevator and didnt hear a thing. The work desk was very spacious and allowed me to get my work done. The wired internet (lamp attached) did not work, neither did the power outlets in the lamp that forced me to find other outlets. I do believe Wifi should be included for the room rate considering the price of the room (Around $300). The bed was VERY comfortable. Bathroom was very nice with a glass shower and massage shower head. Fitness area was a good size for a hotel with a lot of different workout options, hot tub was not very hot, but still quite nice, although the fitness centre and hot tub was a little out of the way and required walking through the restaurant. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul J
Paul J,
Although a brief stay we are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of some of the services we provide. We are sorry to read about the power issues you experienced and our engineering team is looking into what may have happened. Only one thought comes to mind and it may assist when travelling in the future. Some hotels have dual light switches at the entrance of each guestroom. One will assist in operating the main light while the other will provide power to the desk lamp. It is not the case in every hotel or every guestroom however I have found this to be helpful information as it may not always be indicated. We hope we can see you staying with us later this year and if returning please feel free to connect with me so I may assist.
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently enjoyed a 3 nights stay at the Westin Prince Toronto. I enjoyed every "heavenly" minute at this hotel. When I first checked in, I noticed that the heat wasn't working in my room. I called down to the front desk and maintenance was at my room in less than five minutes. After he determined that it was not working, he immediately called down to the front desk and arranged for me to move to another room. He went to the new room ahead of me and checked to make sure the heat was working in that room before I moved into it. While this hotel is outside of the Toronto City Center, there was lots to do and great restaurants nearby and nothing seemed too far away. The one fault? I was not a fan of the dinner I ordered from room service. The soup was way too spicy and the salad way overdressed in a spicy dressing. Is that enough to keep me from returning to this hotel? No way! The next time I need a hotel in this are, I will be staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
malakialj,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valued insight. Also thank you for the great title "Heavenly". Along with our trademark Heavenly Beds we also strive to ensure the team provides a positive and refreshing experience and it's inspiring to read you were able to experience this. We are sorry that your dining experience did not meet your expectations and we have informed our Food and Beverage team of this. We hope you provide the hotel and our restaurant another try when in the area. If ever needing assistance, please feel free to call upon me directly.