“Impressed by the Westin Prince Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Prince Toronto

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #48 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Caledon
“Impressed by the Westin Prince Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Prince Hotel for one night on April 17, 2013. I was very pleasantly surprised. First of all, the room was spacious and very clean. It was nicely decorated, and there were extra electrical outlets near the bed, which I appreciated. The bathroom was a good size and easy to move around in. However, I did find the tub a little narrow when I was standing for my shower. I had to carefully move my feet about, as it was hard to have them side by side, because of the slope on the tub. However, aside from that minor issue, the bathroom was clean and appointed with ample towels and tea tree soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. It had a modern square raised sink. There was also a blow dryer on the counter and a small, movable mirror, which was useful, but needs to be tightened, as it was a little loose.

There was a fridge outside of the washroom and a coffee maker with Starbucks' coffee. Ample closet space was available, as was a safe, that was concealed near the t.v. unit (a unique spot). The TV was a colour LG, which had to have been at least 40 inches or more. It was easy to operate, and could be viewed well from the bed. There was also a desk and chair and an easy chair and ottoman. I noticed there were two bottles of water in the room, but they were marked with a $1.00 tag on each. The tap water was always nice and cold, so really no need for that.

I found the room service menu very quickly, but I could not locate any information about check-out time or how to contact the front desk. That was a bit frustrating. However, I just used the clock radio and it went off, as programmed. After I made several local calls, I found a paper that said they charge $1.00 per local call and .10 cents a minute after 30 minutes. I thought this was a bit lame, and I wasn't impressed that these charges were not more visible on the desk (paper turned over, so you couldn't see them.)

My bill was under my door in the morning and it was accurate. Outside the door was a complimentary Globe and Mail newspaper.

In the lobby, they had green apples in the afternoon (Granny Smith.) I thought that was a nice touch. They also had some flavoured water. On the night I arrived, it was water that had orange rinds/sections floating in it (very refreshing). The day after, it had lemon and lime sections in it (also very, very nice.) Speaking of the lobby, there were lots of available seats, and it was a very open, laid back space.

Each time I exited, someone said "good-bye." When I returned, I was greeted as well. The staff attending the door and the front entrance were always friendly. Parking was ample and not too far a walk from the entrance (front lot.)

I didn't eat in the restaurants, but I was there for a conference and the food the hotel served us was very, very good, fresh, and nicely presented.

Would I return? Yes, I definitely would. It's a nice location, and my room was quiet, and peaceful.
Only thing I would do differently, is to stay TWO nights, instead of one!

Room Tip: My room 506 was in a corner and it was a short walk from the elevator. The view was not grand, but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Amm63,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience even though it was brief. We are inspired you would return when in the area and with the summer weather coming we would hope you could stay a few days this time. If requiring any assistance with any future bookings, please connect with me so I may personally assist.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this property. I've stayed a few times and it is a nice, quiet property. It's been updated in several areas, including a very nice lobby and the guest rooms are very well appointed. Comfy beds, very quiet rooms. This time the heating in my room was a bit stuffy so I didn't get my usual great sleep at this hotel but was still a good experience. The room rates when they don't have large groups in-house tend to be very reasonable. It's not particularly central to anything but isn't far from the 401 Highway. Good choice for anyone needing to stay in the area. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on a high floor away from elevators. Always get my request.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Kathryn W,
A renewing and peaceful escape is what we aim to provide and I'm delighted you experienced this first hand. I do apologize the ventilation was not functioning 100% and will have this looked into right away. We hope we can see you staying with us again and with the summer coming I would like to remind you that the outdoor pool will be opening soon, which will only enhance the relaxing atmosphere our property strives to deliver.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here for only 1 night in April of 2013. Checked in early and my room was ready, desk staff was very nice, but they referred to my King room as a Deluxe suite (this threw me off as a suite usually means bedroom). Anyways no harm no foul, the room was very nice, lots of room. One feature i did enjoy was a door between the hallway/bathroom and the living area. This blocked out noise as my room was right by the elevator and didnt hear a thing. The work desk was very spacious and allowed me to get my work done. The wired internet (lamp attached) did not work, neither did the power outlets in the lamp that forced me to find other outlets. I do believe Wifi should be included for the room rate considering the price of the room (Around $300). The bed was VERY comfortable. Bathroom was very nice with a glass shower and massage shower head. Fitness area was a good size for a hotel with a lot of different workout options, hot tub was not very hot, but still quite nice, although the fitness centre and hot tub was a little out of the way and required walking through the restaurant. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul J
Paul J,
Although a brief stay we are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of some of the services we provide. We are sorry to read about the power issues you experienced and our engineering team is looking into what may have happened. Only one thought comes to mind and it may assist when travelling in the future. Some hotels have dual light switches at the entrance of each guestroom. One will assist in operating the main light while the other will provide power to the desk lamp. It is not the case in every hotel or every guestroom however I have found this to be helpful information as it may not always be indicated. We hope we can see you staying with us later this year and if returning please feel free to connect with me so I may assist.
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently enjoyed a 3 nights stay at the Westin Prince Toronto. I enjoyed every "heavenly" minute at this hotel. When I first checked in, I noticed that the heat wasn't working in my room. I called down to the front desk and maintenance was at my room in less than five minutes. After he determined that it was not working, he immediately called down to the front desk and arranged for me to move to another room. He went to the new room ahead of me and checked to make sure the heat was working in that room before I moved into it. While this hotel is outside of the Toronto City Center, there was lots to do and great restaurants nearby and nothing seemed too far away. The one fault? I was not a fan of the dinner I ordered from room service. The soup was way too spicy and the salad way overdressed in a spicy dressing. Is that enough to keep me from returning to this hotel? No way! The next time I need a hotel in this are, I will be staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
malakialj,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valued insight. Also thank you for the great title "Heavenly". Along with our trademark Heavenly Beds we also strive to ensure the team provides a positive and refreshing experience and it's inspiring to read you were able to experience this. We are sorry that your dining experience did not meet your expectations and we have informed our Food and Beverage team of this. We hope you provide the hotel and our restaurant another try when in the area. If ever needing assistance, please feel free to call upon me directly.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very beautiful ambiance and environment- very restful surroundings. Once you enter the driveway, it is like entering a rich estate in the country- lots of trees, shrubs, flowers. It has its own hiking trail-- right in the city!!! Luxurious place.

Room Tip: corner rooms are sunny and more windows.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Terry E,
Being located on 15 acres of parkland does enable us to provide a relaxing experience while still being readily accessible to the rest of the city. We are delighted you found the grounds to enhance your stay and we are pleased to know that you truly enjoyed your time with us. We hope this was not a one time visit and look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Please let me know when returning so I may personally assist.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is always a pleasure to visit the Prince: we have been coming for many years. Always tastefully furnished, comfortable, helpful staff. As we age, we find the lighting level in the room a bit low, and at the main entrance to the hotel, it is really very,very dark. We always seem to manage to miss the entry from York Mills Road. More illumination please!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Samuel L,
Thank you for your continued loyalty and positive review. We are happy to be meeting your needs with respect to the product and service we provide. We will consult our Engineering team on the issues you highlight to see if we can improve upon the lighting. We hope to see you staying again soon and when returning please connect with me so I may personally assist.
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

One night stay at the Westin Prince Toronto. Very nice property. Looks like the entire hotel has been updated. The room was super. Nice and clean. This hotel is a great choice in the 401 / DVP area. Arthur and Lidija at the front desk were super nice and they are true ambassadors to this Westin property. I will for sure book it again when in Toronto!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Sens1992,
Great hotel and Great staff is a term we are inspired to hear. It goes without saying that achieving such a reference is our goal but it's great to see you personally witnessed the team at its finest. We have passed along your comments to Arthur and Lidija and we look forward to your next visit to Toronto.