“A nice option”

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #46 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“A nice option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the Westin Prince as my partner's company held an event there. Although we are from Toronto we thought it would be easier to stay overnight instead of heading home. The staff at check-in were great and I was warmly welcomed as a SPG Gold member and received an upgraded room. The lobby was nicely done in the Westin-style.

The room we had was comfortable, although the bathroom was a bit outdated. That said it was clean and did the trick. My only disappointment was the food at the event we attended. I tend to always like the food at Westin's as they offer healthier options. The food we had was not particularly great and was quite heavy.

I would like to go back to the hotel to try the Japanese restaurant as it is highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Kbear2,
We are happy to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed the event you attended and will return in the future. We are sorry that you felt the food served in your event was not as anticipated. The Food and Beverage team has been informed of your experience as this provides them valuable feedback for future events. Should I be able to provide any added assistance when returning, please connect with me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is part of the Westin Chain and is located outside the core of Toronto in a quasi industrial area. As it was winter I did not get a chance to enjoy the natural environment it boasts of but I could sense this would be an oasis amid all the office buildings and fast food places surrounding it. We stayed there for convenience purposes and I was surprised to see how well run it was. First all, and if you've read my previous reviews you'll know that I'm a clean freak. Well I am pleased to say that this hotel was uber clean!! The staff was super attentive and amazingly unpretentious. They seemed to love what they were doing! The decor was quite contemporary and comfortable, albeit a little dated but one can tell they upgrade every few years. My observations would indicate that perhaps fresh floral throughout the premises and on each foyer of each level, would add some charm and richness. Down duvets and pillows for the more discerning owl can add a sense of luxury as well. They do not stock their mini bar however room service is super accommodating. The rooms were reasonably adequate and bright. We had a south facing room and it was quiet. Taxis available immediately. A ride to downtown took 15 minutes. I LOVED that there was a Starbucks across the street. Their gym facilities were just ok. I noticed that the machines weren't clean on a daily basis. The most surprising aspect was the price! Great value...I would have paid double easily!!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from elevator traffic. Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Turnbsy,
“Almost Perfect” is a very encouraging and we thank you for this. We understand we have some work to do and your valued feedback will only help us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the facility and the team member’s you encountered. We look forward to seeing you in the future and if I can be of any assistance, please contact me directly.
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel is more 4.5 star. Stayed 2 nights in a traditional room.
The room was comfortable and overlooking the hotel park like gardens. The beds were very comfortable Westin beds and pillows. The bathroom was OK nothing special. The Deluxe rooms that I stayed in before had a separate shower which we prefer.
The elevators were fast and efficient for a highrise hotel. Never waited more than 30 seconds.
They had an outdoor pool. Did not use the GYM. Did not use the main dining room.
We did use the excellent Japanese Restaurant and the superb Iranian restaurant on site.
However within 200 yard walking of the hotel there is at least 20 restaurants both fast food and sit down type of all ethnic flavors. Tim Hortons just outside the gate.
The hotel location is excellent if you don't need to be downtown. It is 2 minutes from the 401 highway. 5 min. from a major mall and cinemas. Very convenient to the science museum.
My only blemish is to do with the poor offering for my Gold status. I was offered a choice of 250 points(pathetic) one drink in the lounge(pathetic). I asked for an upgrade as I normally receive this but was informed that they had lots of deluxe rooms unoccupied but they had not been made up (pathetic) I checked in at 7pm..
The reception staff and concierge were very pleasant and helpful.
Overall this is a great hotel and I will definitely stay here again and hope for an upgrade.

Room Tip: Don't hold your breath for an upgrade if you are a Starwood gold member.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZingerOntario
ZingerOntario,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide such an insightful review of the hotel. We are delighted that both dining experiences, in Katsura and Gilaneh, were enjoyable. We are also happy to hear of the great service provided by our associates. I am sorry we were not able to provide an upgraded room and would offer my assistance on this matter in the future. Also, with respect to SPG Gold member benefits, the items offered were per the program guidelines. I’m sorry you felt they were lacking in value and hope this did not take away from your overall experience.
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel has a fine lobby and ambience.Unfortunately our room did not..There was an unpleasant odor which persisted.The carpet looked tired and may have been the source.Temoerature was not even and difficult to control. We were placed across from a busy elevator despite asking for a quiet room..We could not spend the night so left for home mid evening.

Room Tip: Upper rooms have been renovated.We had requested an expensive lower room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug200
Doug200,
Thank you for providing feedback on your most recent stay. We are sorry to read that your stay was disappointing. One of our goals is to provide a clean and refreshing product and I’m sorry you did not experience this. Over the past year we have replaced all guestroom and corridor carpet so I am surprised that it appeared worn. The team has been consulted so as to report any areas that need attention so this type of experience can be avoided. If returning to the hotel, please reach out to me as I would be delighted to assist on any future reservations.
Milton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is clean and quite gorgeous. The reception checked me in quickly and were very friendly. The room was big enough and very modern. The bar area was large and the servers were a joy.
The check out was just as nice as checking in. I will definitely be returning for both business & pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mike W,
The team appreciates your comments and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and the service our associates provided you. We welcome your next visit and should you require any assistance, please feel free to connect with me prior to your arrival.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed at this hotel for three years in a row for his company Christmas party. Each year we have chosen to stay at the hotel and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience each year!

The hotel is very centrally located and is also very well kept and decorated. However, the best part about this hotel is the extremely friendly and accommodating staff. They always make us feel very welcome and make a point of ensuring that all of our needs have been met.

The rooms themselves are kept very clean and the decor looks to have been renovated within the last few years or so (flat screen TV, mattress that felt like new). Although a small plus, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked barefoot on the bathroom tile in the middle of the night and found that it was warm to the touch (in-floor heating!).

I can safely say that after three satisfactory stays at this hotel, we will not hesitate to book our fourth stay in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Junior Suite and it was amazing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Steph123,
We are delighted that you enjoyed another stay at the hotel while attending your annual Christmas party. We appreciate your inspiring comments and are happy the team was able to provide a relaxing and refreshing experience. We look forward to your next visit and wish you all the best in 2013.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My colleagues and I always stay at this hotel for our business functions when in Toronto. This is a great value for the money, well located with acces to all major highways (DVP&401). The lobby is very updated and the staff truly curdious and friendly. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Excellent place!

I would definately bring my family for a personal stay. All of the amenities are right there in the hotel. Sporst bar and restaurant across the street for quick bite or watching the game.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mario B,
We thank you for taking the time to inform us of your satisfaction and continued loyalty. We are happy to hear that you and your colleagues stay with us while in Toronto and that you would also return with your family. Should you ever need any future assistance, please feel free to connect with me personally.