“A good hotel in the heart of the city of Toronto”

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #56 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“A good hotel in the heart of the city of Toronto”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

A good; clean and quiet hotel even though there was some decorating being done on my floor; it was still reasonably quiet.
Breakfast was excellent, though I was on a conference for two nights.
Rates are on the high side for an average traveller but it was a nice experience.
Service is good especially from the organizers of the conference rooms on the lower floor. A big thank you to the gentleman who is retiring soon. What a gem!
The reception on the first floor does not know what is going on with the conference bookings on the lower floor.
And do not give any money at the reception for the car park; please do it yourself.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking a few moments to provide us your thoughts on your most recent visit. We are very pleased to read that you found the facility quiet and clean. We will also be sharing your positive comments with our Banquet team so they may see what an impact they are making. We are sorry you had any issues with our associates on the main floor and we will be speaking with them so as to better prepare for all guest inquiries they may receive. We hope you enjoy the remainder of your summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
Dallas
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel came recommended on several websites and I decided to give it a try. After arriving there I was fairly disappointed with the looks of the hotel/rooms. The lobby was great and modern while the rooms and bathroom are in need of serious update. I was able to change my reservation to the Sheraton Centre hotel in downtown Toronto after spending the night at this one. I wouldn't recommend this if you want to be able to do stuff around town without a rental car. They also do not offer any kind of shuttle service. Restaurant selection in the neighborhood was scarce.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Damir S
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
We thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Our goal is to have you leaving more refreshed than whence you arrived and I'm sorry this did not happen. We are continuously working on enhancing the product and we hope you do provide us another chance when staying in Toronto.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I don't need a free buffet breakfast... and apologizing for putting me on a floor under construction and giving me a voucher for a buffet is not the way to start a good stay. I have stayed at this hotel before and it is just okay. For the rate (especially on this trip where it was more than my plane ticket), staying downtown is the better option. There are many much nicer hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your most recent stay and also for your continued loyalty when travelling to Toronto. We have completed the renovations to the guest floor corridors and we are sorry that during your visit the entire floor was not completed. We understand your perspective and agree that this would not project a positive first impression upon arriving at the hotel. The breakfast vouchers provided were a small gesture of goodwill and we do hope you were able to use them during your stay. We hope we do see you staying with us again in the future and if requiring any assistance please feel free to connect with me personally.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is ok but it can work out a bit pricey. The room we were in was a bit tired, I think some have been renovated but the one we were in had not. The cleaning of the room could have been a little more thorough, I always think it is unacceptable when you have to contend with someone else's hair in your bathroom.
Breakfast is not included and for 2 people you should budget an extra 50 dollars a day for that! Also astoundingly parking is not included either and for a 5 day stay this was another 60 dollars!
All in a reasonable hotel but with the extras I'm not convinced its great valu

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Allan P
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking a few moments to provide us your thoughts on your most recent visit. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay but are saddened to see that some of the additional fees were perceived as high. We continuously monitor these, as compared to our competitor's, and our goal is to keep them in line so as to provide you the best product and price. We hope we can see you staying with us on future visits and if every needing anything, please feel free to connect with me personally and I will be sure to assist as best possible.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here for two nights when attending a wedding in the area. The lobby was spectacular and the reception desk was very friendly even at 1am when we checked in. The rooms were very good and spacious. The buffet in the restaurant was excellent although on the expensive side. There are other breakfast options across the street as well. We would stay again if visiting the particular area.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for your inspiring comments concerning your most recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations and your interactions with our team members. We will be sure to post your comments for our associates to see. We hope you enjoyed the wedding you attended and we are happy to hear that you would be staying with us again in the future when frequenting the area. Please feel free to connect with me personally so I may assist on your next visit.
ontario canada
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very fancy, just like all the other Westin's. Nothing about this property really stands out. Everything was fantastic. One thing to note, I had an early flight into Toronto, and arrived at the hotel at 10 in the morning.They were able to set me up with a room which was great, as I needed a nap. :) Great bed, large room, great buffet ($21.00).

Room Tip: I had 411. Over looked a courtyard. Very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking a few moments to provide us your thoughts on your most recent visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we are also happy our team was able to provide you with an early check-in. We do understand the tiring demands of travel and we hope our Heavenly bed provided you a renewing nap. We hope we can see you staying with us on future visits and if every needing anything, please feel free to connect with me personally and I will be sure to assist as best possible.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The hotel rooms are clean and extremely comfortable. The staff are helpful and friendly. I particularly enjoyed having buffet breakfast everyday which featured good food and great coffee.

Would have given 5 stars but I didn't get a bathrobe for some reason which strikes me a strange.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your insight on your most recent visit. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and also the service you received. We have shared your positive comments about the breakfast buffet with our Food and Beverage team and are delighted that it assisted you in starting your day off right. We apologize that your room was not provided a robe and I will personally be looking into this matter so as to have it corrected. We hope we can see you staying with us on future visits and if every needing anything, please feel free to connect with me personally.