“Solid hotel”

Ranked #45 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Kitchener, Canada
“Solid hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I think this hotel is solid, and is typically pretty good value. Some people complain about the location, but what I like about it is that you typically can't get a hotel of this calibre outside of a city's downtown core or airport.

They have done a nice job with the renovations in the lobby level (although I wish there was a TV at the bar so that I'm not relegated to the annex (little room off the side of the bar with a few TV's).

True -- some aspects of the room are a bit tired or dated, but it's still very clean and comfortable, and the rooms are among the most spacious in Toronto -- particularly the bathrooms.

In terms of the local area, you've got quick access to the DVP and the 401, and there are lots of restaurants in the area -- a new pub across the road, a really cool area at the Shops at Don Mills, and plenty of other things in the neighbourhood. True, better if you have a car.

But I work downtown, and I thought the bus service to Don Mills station and then the subway downtown was more than adequate, and no longer than driving down the DVP or bayview in traffic.

All in all i like this place (although I miss the bar on the lower level), and I think it is good value for the product one receives. This hotel is rarely over $200, and most of the time you can get it for $160 or so. Good luck finding another Westin in a large city with a better price than that.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. We at the Westin Prince strive to provide our guests with a superior experience and we are delighted you witnessed this first hand. We are thrilled that you found the rooms spacious and clean and your suggestion of having a television in our 900 Lounge is something we will note for future considerations.

We thank you again for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stay here sometimes when I'm in Toronto for business. The hotel is pretty much your typical business hotel -- nice enough, nothing particularly special about it. The location is fine if you have a car, I guess, but it's not really near much of anything so I wouldn't recommend it for tourists.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your most recent stay and also for your continued loyalty when travelling to Toronto on business. As you highlight we are located outside of the downtown core however being accessible to both local transit and the main thorough fare to downtown, we believe this enables our guests to experience a peaceful and relaxing retreat while still having easy access to everything Toronto has to offer.
We thank you again for your valued feedback and we look forward to seeing you stay with us in the coming future.
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

I would by no means say this is the best hotel I've ever stayed at but it was suitable for our needs and the location that we needed to be in. We ordered room service which arrived very quickly, was hot and presented exactly as ordered. We also enjoyed drinks at the lobby bar which was again ok and averagely priced.
Parking is somewhat cumbersome but normal for Toronto.
I would recommend this hotel for a short stay but don't expect too much from it

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your most recent stay. We are delighted to read that enjoyed your brief stay and in particular your experiences with our in-room dining and lobby bar. Situated on 15 acres, we do have ample parking spaces available for guest use, however we are saddened to read that your experience was cumbersome. We hope this did not take away from your overall experience.
Thank you again for taking the time to inform us of your stay and we look forward to seeing you stay with us in the coming future.
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel just one night only, as I was looking for a hotel to stay. This hotel is in the north east end of Toronto, so if you are someone that wants to tour around downtown Toronto area, this is not the hotel to stay in.

The hotel is very nice, and clean. I didn't use any of the amenities, however, the room is spacious and the bed is one of the most comfortable beds I slept in. Nice big, puffy pillows and duvet, I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud :)

There are little restaurants around, but like I said, it's a hotel located in mostly a residential area, so unless you are planning to be around the north east end of Toronto, this is a mighty fine hotel to stay in. There's a five star restaurant right beside the hotel, apparently I heard it's pretty good.

That's all I have to say about this, sorry that I couldn't say much more.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your most recent stay. We are delighted to read that enjoyed your evening with us and that you found our Heavenly Bed to provide a refreshing night’s sleep. A good night’s sleep is the minimum we aim to provide and we are happy you experienced this first hand.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because it was close to my friend's place. The location was not that convenient if you didn't drive. It takes about an hour to go downtown (bus + subway). Too bad that they don't offer shuttle from airport. You have to get a taxi to go there, which is insanely expensive! I called before my arrival to ask about the best way to travel from the airport to the hotel, I hated it when they say "you HAVE TO get a cab."
They still charge for internet - $10 a day, but I think you get the first two hours for free? I only used internet for once and the package I got was only 2 hours and I didn't get charged for that.
The lobby was fabulous, the room was a bit outdated tho.
Staff members were helpful

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay. We are delighted that you found the lobby to be appealing and our associates to be helpful. At the same time however, we are sorry that you found the overall experience to be merely average. Our goal is to have you leave more refreshed than when you arrived and it is obvious we did not achieve this.
Due to the distance from the airport we do not operate a shuttle service and we are sorry if this took away from your overall experience.
We thank you again and hope we can welcome you back in the future.
Owen Sound, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

We were only here for one night. The lobby looked really nice, and staff was very friendly. Our room was on the 8th floor. It seemed a bit outdated, but the bed was comfortable, had a well stocked minibar, and the bathroom was small but nice.My only real complaint about the room was that the sliding patio door wouldn't close tightly at the very top. It was a very windy night, and the wind was coming right in, blowing the drapes and everything. Thankfully the heat in the room worked very well. Self parking was $11. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't say anything about the food there, but there are many restaurants to choose from nearby. All in all not a bad stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your most recent stay. We are inspired to read that you found the newly renovated lobby to be well appointed. We also are delighted that you found our Heavenly beds to provide a comfortable sleep. The sliding patio doors should not have provided you with any noise issues and we apologize if this took away from your experience. This will be looked into and at the same time we would like to inform you that we will soon be replacing all hallway carpet, wallpaper, hallway lighting and guestroom carpet. We believe these enhancements will aid us in providing you, our valued guest, a more memorable and enjoyable experience.
Orangeville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because it was close to David Duncan Restaurant for staff party. I used my air miles, booked through rewards and received my confirmation in the mail, as well as on line. Check in was a breeze, i have waited longer in a convenience store line than what time it took.Was on the 8th floor, elevators are fast and there isn`t any waiting. Never had a chance to eat there, wish we would have, food at DDHouse, was disappointing and the Cora`s across the street was awful. Great service from the front desk at the Westin Prince Hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank timcin
Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. We are saddened to read that your dining experiences in the local area did not meet your expectations. At the same time however we are elated that your stay with us was restful and refreshing. We are delighted that our Front Office team provided you with the superior service and efficiency they so work so diligently to achieve.
We have shared your comments with the entire team and we all look forward to having you stay with us again when in Toronto.