“Good Value and Comfortable Beds.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Prince Toronto

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #46 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Kitchener, Canada
“Good Value and Comfortable Beds.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

We were on a little getaway for a wedding, so selected the "Romance Package" at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable, the amenities were great and it was quiet. The package included parking, breakfast and champagne with chocolate covered strawberries. The Champagne was good (Yellow Tail) and the chocolate covered berries were fresh. The options available breakfast buffet was very good; it included items such as smoothies and an omlette station. The only slight disappointment was that for a "Deluxe Room", we found it a bit small. However, it was clean and comfortable. The view from the room wasn't the greatest (all you see are light industrial buildings) but the view from the first floor restaurant/breakfast area is very nice.

Definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in this part of the city and take advantage of a package deal if you can. Good value for what you pay.

Room Tip: Get a packge deal
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LBennett03

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Westin beds are fantastic, and this hotel has them too.

The staff was very friendly and prompt.

The hotel is older and it shows somewhat.

Nice japanese restaurant on site.

Overall, a good value for business if you're in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank philipbates
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

I had a meeting the next morning and decided to come and stay the night before to enjoy a great dinner and breakfast the next morning.
The room was lovely, over looking gardens.
As I brought my lap top, the desk space was well organized and useful for my needs.
The room did not disappoint me.
Would do it again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Pinky23_10
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I attended a wedding/family reunion in this hotel at the end of July, 2011. I flew in from California specifically for this event. Towards the end of the night, as I was watching people on the dance floor, the waiters have started cleaning up the tables. The waiter cleaning the table next to me splattered red wine on my silk gown. Since this was a black tie event, I was wearing a designer gown worth $4000. I reported this incident that same night it happened to the night manager named Argon. He then reported it to Kevin McFadden, the customer service manager, who then contacted the banquet manager about the incident. Angel, the waiter who splattered the wine on me, did report the incident to his manager per Kevin's investigation. So, there's no question that the incident happened and it was their employee who was at fault.

During the first week after the incident, I had telephone conversations with both Kevin McFadden and Azhar Kheraj, Kevin's assistant. They told me to get the dress cleaned and that we will discuss compensations after it has been established that the stain cannot be removed. Kevin never bothered to inform me that he was going to be on vacation starting the following week for 10 days. On August 9, I emailed Kevin and Azhar pictures of the dress with a note from the cleaner that the stain will not come out. I waited for a response from either of them but nobody bothered to respond. I called the hotel on Friday, August 12th and spoke with the front desk person. I left my contact number so that I may be called back and yet, no phone call again. On Saturday, August 13th I left a voicemail for both Azhar and Kevin and, guess what?, no response again. I finally spoke with Azhar on Tuesday, August 16th and only then was I informed that Kevin was on vacation for 10 days and that he will be back the next day. He told me that nothing can be done until Kevin comes back because he would have to make the ultimate decision on the matter. The next day, Azhar called me and said that there is no way they were gonna pay for my dress. He offered me a free one night stay with spa. I said that that's unacceptable because I'm not going to fly all the way to Toronto for that one night stay. So, I then contacted Sarah Pereira, executive assistant in the hotel.

When I spoke with Sarah, I told her the situation and she said she was willing to work with me. I then receive an email from her a couple of days later and she gave me a deadline (10 days after the email) to submit a receipt for the dress. Of course, the dress was bought 3 months earlier and I didn't have the receipt. Furthermore, the dress was charged to my sister's credit card because she paid half of the dress as a birthday present for me. Also, I could not make the deadline because I'm due to leave the country for a couple of weeks and won't be back till 1 week after the deadline. So, a couple of days later, I called Sarah back and told her of the situation. She said she'll talk with somebody else and email me "shortly". Of course, I didn't get an email from her until after I emailed her late the next day for an update. Basically, she said that since I cannot provide the receipt within their deadline then the investigation is closed.

I feel that the staff dragged this issue on unnecessarily. The fact of the matter is that thier waiter spilled wine on me and the stain cannot come out. Their waiter even admitted his fault. My dress is ruined. And with regards to Sarah, Kevin, and Azhar, none of them ever called or emailed back when they said they would. I had to keep on tracking them down which was very unprofessional of them. And, how is it okay for Kevin to go on vacation, not inform me, had me keep on calling the hotel waiting for an update and think it's okay? And now that it's my turn to go on vacation, I don't get the same courtesy from these people? Meanwhile, I let them know in advance of my situation. Doesn't seem right, does it?

I have been a Starwood Preferred Guest Member for many years now. I have stayed at numerous Westin hotels in many cities. I must say, this hotel's customer service is abominable and that I have never been treated so disrespectfully. I just cannot believe that they would manipulate the situation to their advantage even though they've admitted that this was their staff's fault from the very beginning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Racquel P
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was my first stay at the Westin Prince Toronto hotel since the extensive renovations were completed and from the moment of arrival, I enjoyed every aspect ... from the excellent service and attention provided by Brittany at check-in and throughout my stay, the quality of the rooms, the elegance of the lobby and common areas including restaurant/bars, the great exercise facilites and pool area, expansive grounds and convenient location ... all at competitive rates ... my experience was first class!
I am making this property my 1st choice for all future Toronto business and personal stays.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jipbits
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

We are sometimes in Toronto to visit family and find it more convenient to stay in a hotel. than to impose on our relations. I wish we'd discovered the Westin Prince on earlier visits as it's only 10 minutes by car from our family.

Our check in was fast and pleasant... we used Priceline's NYOP ($98 US) and were cheerfully allowed both an early check in and a choice of room configuration.

Our king bed room was large and clean with a small balcony. The TV was a big flat screen
and the bed was very comfortable. There was a huge desk that made using the laptop a
breeze.

Internet was not free but a relatively reasonable $11 for 24 hours. I have been charged more elsewhere.

If your focus is on places and attractions near downtown this hotel might not be for you... but if you need to be in the Don Valley/York Mills area you won't do better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank parisamsterdam2007
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

My Husband and our two children recently stayed at the westin prince hotel. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The lobby is very spacious and clean. My family and I we able to enjoy the pool and tennis courts during our stay, which is great that we didn't have to go far to enjoy the outdoors. I found the rooms to be very clean and the beds to be amazing...the best sleep I have ever had away from home!!!! I strongly suggest this hotel if you are looking for something away from the crazy downtown atmosphere. It is surrounded by beautiful greenery and is close to a variety of restaurants. This hotel made our family getaway very memorable, we will surely be back to visit again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
akheraj, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Westin Prince Hotel. We at the Westin Prince strive to provide our guests with a superior experience through our product and services. It is always a pleasure receiving such refreshing comments from our guests.

You can now enjoy the comfort of the Westin Heavenly bed and all heavenly bath products at home by purchasing them online via the Westin At Home website.

We look forward to welcome you and your family again in the near future!

Regards,