“Perfect Location, terrible hotel and service”
Review of Windsor Arms Hotel

Windsor Arms Hotel
Ranked #39 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect Location, terrible hotel and service”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I booked the romance package at $700 for our 15 year anniversary. For that price had high expectations. What a disappointment. The staff were shabbily dressed and generally inattentive. The spa host was unfriendly, but the spa staff were excellent and we did have a terrific couples massage. Out room was nice, but definitely underwhelming, for the price. The package included champagne, but it was just a glass each. I would have overlooked this mediocre, nickle and dine hotel experience if not for the breakfast. All we were offered during the breakfast were some muffins, danishes and croissants by a very unfriendly waitress. I cannot believe that there any sane management personnel would allow someone like this to work at their so called high end establishment. When my wife asked for a croissant, she was told they were out. For $700, how can you be out? No apologies, nothing. Then I asked if I needed to sign anything when we were ready to leave, to which she responded with a shake of here head and walked off. talk about the royal treatment. Not!!!

Furthermore, I booked the Windsor Arms because the website says they have a piano bar, which is open on Wednesday Thursday nights, I believe. It includes a tapas menu as well. We were very much looking forward to attending. However they replaced the piano bar with a tea room over a year ago, but the web site still have not been changed to reflect that change. Unbelievable to say the least. When I brought it up with the hotel, they just blew me off. I would never have booked if I have known there was no piano bar. I would have instead booked the Park Hyatt. Talk about regret.

Trust me. Do not go to this horrible join. We ended up checking out and going to Jack Astors for lunch. The service was outstanding from start to finish and the bill was $23. Hmmm.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Nicolai1960

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
ohio
Reviewed March 30, 2010

My stay at the Windsor Arms was perfect from beginning to end. I can't remember every one, but I can mention by name a few of the friendly and excellent staff who made my stay a treat: Melinda, Slavy, Neil, Damon, Edgar. And the gentleman who made me American iced tea each morning in Prime. Oh, and the bartender who walked my big snifter of Bailey's across the lobby so I wouldn't have to. Thank you. Thank you.
The location is excellent for business and the valet parking (with in & out privileges) is ideal. The internet service works perfectly--I had everything I needed for a successful business trip.
On another note, there were touches that made me feel spoiled to be away on business: wonderful jetted tub that filled very quickly, different turndown amenities each night, Molton Brown products, a comfortable sitting area and a cozy bed. And a butler's closet.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Perth
Reviewed March 25, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Windsor Arms Hotel on our visit to Toronto. This is truly a beautiful boutique hotel. We were welcomed into our room on arrival with soft music playing and strawberries dipped in chocolate. Each day we came back to our room to find a food treat waiting to greet us. The staff are extremely friendly and cannot do enough to assist and accommodate your every need. The hotel is located in a lovely area of Toronto and is in good walking distance to all areas around the city. Continental breakfast was provided with the room and though this really just meant danishes there is a fantastic breakfast menu which is well priced and very substantial. The foyer bar is very relaxing and warm and welcoming. Overall the hotel is very classy and definately one of Torontos best, we would definately stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2010

A great gem in Yorkville! I am a Toronto native that moved away a couple years ago and am constantly looking for a great place to stay when I return. I am glad to say that I have found the comfort and great service that most Toronto hotels lack (along with a good price tag to match). I switched rooms a few times because the hotel was quite full and with each room I was very satisfied. They are all comfortable with large beds, seperate shower with large jacuzzi tubs, free internet, lots of tv channels and butlers who are truely helpful to tend to you during your stay. I also loved that they were willing to open the gym and pool 24/7 because I can be quite a night owl. Room service was always tasty too!
Definitly give it a try next time you're thinking of the Four Seasons or Hyatt!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Stayed here for a night. As a SLH member, they upgraded our room to a suite upon arrival. Gave us early check-in as well. Front desk, valet and butler service reps. were all very friendly and efficient. Areas for improvement at this hotel are:
room service; food not the greateast we have had at fine hotels although the steak from Prime Restaurant was good. Pool area needed cleaning and servicing. No towels and the sauna floors were dirty and stained.
Overall: the indoor pool is better the Four Seasons Toronto and the hotel is small and cozy. Would not stay here once the Ritz Carlton or the Shangri-La Hotel opens next year. This hotel along with a few others are going to need some serious face lifting if they want to compete with newer first class Toronto hotels that are coming onto the market in the near future.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed overnight for a getaway in this charming hotel. We were upgraded to their Corner Suite which was beautifully and tastefully decorated. Very comfortable with a luxury bathroom and a large jacuzzi tub.
The room service food was delicious. The staff - butler, front desk, housekeeping, front door - was gracious and seemed devoted to our comfort.
I highly recommend this unique boutique hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My sister and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea at the Windsor arms. We had the full tea, which included your choice of 6 flavours of loose leaf tea (and you can try many flavours over the course of your tea experience) and the usual afternoon tea fare. Each guest receives: one plain scone (still warm in the centre), one raison scone; finger sandwiches, including two smoked salmon with salmon cavier, two chive & cucumber cream cheese with asparagus, two lemon chicken with chived tomatoes; petite fours of various selection, ours included chocolate truffle (decadent), mocha cream & chocolate merangue layer cake (ehhh), pistachio cake (ick) and a mini blueberry muffin (odd). The tea finishes with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

The tea rooms are lovely - the first a traditional warm toned room in creams and white, and the second a striking room with black-purple paint and an over scaled crystal chandelier.

At $38 per person for a Saturday tea (over $100 for two by the time you leave) it is the priciest in the city, but also considered the best.

A must for tea and pastry lovers alike!
Enjoy!