Windsor Arms Hotel
$365
$334
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewsbutler's pantryboutique hotelhigh end shoppingthe salt water poolliving roomyorkville areadeluxe suitenespresso machinebeautiful hotelthe heart of the cityrooms are spaciousthe location is perfectwould highly recommend this hotelbeautiful roomindoor pooldoormanwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a delightful luncheon celebration for twelve people. Food was delightful, and Rolf, our main server was exceptionally professional in meeting our party's needs. Highly recommended. Hotel could use a handicap washroom on the ground floor.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Hyton
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We live in Toronto, but chose this hotel as a quick getaway. This boutique hotel was beautiful, very well kept and a great place to relax. The location is spectacular- right downtown but was quiet. We ate at the restaurants as well and quite enjoyed it.

We were very impressed with the service. Everyone was very friendly and helpful; our server Rolf was particularly attentive. There was a beautiful guitar in our room- tuned and ready to play! Apparently every room in this small hotel now has either a baby grand, guitar or harp(!). Incredible. Our room (jr. suite) had a very comfy king bed, a sofa bed and a large desk. The bathroom was large and nicely appointed. All furnishings and linens were of the quality you'd expect in a 5 star room. Very sumptuous, but more had more of a relaxed feel than you might think. Just perfect.

We ate dinner at Prime, the main restaurant. The food was excellent, though pricey of course. The beef was wonderful. We had the luxurious brunch the next day- it was a show-stopper. Probably the most extensive brunch I've ever seen, including quail, king crab legs, and many desserts among other delights. Wow. Very impressive, and the courtyard space was lovely.

I wish we'd had time to try out the pool or full spa- next time. We'd love to explore that part of Toronto as "tourists" and enjoy more of our city. We'll definitely visit the Windsor Arms again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and all was fine. We faced the back of the hotel, so no view to speak of. Rooms facing the front would see a tree-sheltered quiet street.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatyaTorontoCanada
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have stay in a number of hotels in Toronto, over the years. I must say hands down, the best! Staff is friendly and helpful, the suites are lovely, clean and a nice size. Also they have great chef, and you have to leave room for desert...... They are to die for!

Room Tip: the suites I stayed in come with a pull out sofa, if your traveling with friends or family you can easily share the room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DVonKittelberger
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would like to personally recommend the Windsor Arms Hotel as a great place to stay even during the craziness of TIFF. My wife and I came in to town on business and got caught up in the festival. Thanks to George Friedmann and his staff for taking such special care of us during our stay. My wife and I enjoyed our stay so much. We felt like stars even though we are not. Thanks again to George and everyone at the hotel it was a wonderful experience.
Sincerely
Henry C. Roffelsen Jr.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Henry938
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Located right off a high-end shopping road, in a quiet little street you would find WIndsor Arms. A small piece of heaven right in Toronto. It is romantic boutique hotel with only a few rooms, but those are well maintained and offer all you might need whilst away from home. I just loved the bathroom which offered both a hot bath and a shower as well as quality cosmetic items. The bedroom was spacey and the bed itself was more than comfi to sleep in. The living room area was neat with a huge flatscreen tv (too bad I hardly ever watch), Nespresso machine and enough ground to feel more like at home rather than in a tiny hotel room. All perfectly spotless. Staff was extremely helpful and at your service - no matter which hour. Make sure you try one of the tea rooms. Too bad I was unfortunately sick during my stay and could not do so...
Breakfast was nothing very special, with only a few choices for free (of course there is a fantastic menu for a charge) but the waiter was absolutely great. We just loved him.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends