“superb small boutique 5 star hotel in Bloor/Yorkville area”
Review of Windsor Arms Hotel

Windsor Arms Hotel
Ranked #39 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Washington, DC
“superb small boutique 5 star hotel in Bloor/Yorkville area”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My partner and I stayed there for 3 nights over Labor Day weekend. The hotel is all suites and we stayed in a deluxe suite (room 403). The suite is very spacious with the bedroom separated from the living area by sliding glass doors. Both the living area and the bedroom have a flat screen TV. The bathroom has a jacuzzi like tub and a shower. Wifi internet service was free and very fast. The room was very quiet- we did not hear any noise from any other room or from the wedding reception that was going on Saturday night on the first (ground) floor.
The staff was superb, efficient, friendly and very helpful.

A free buffet breakfast was included in the price. It consisted of croissants, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, toast and a vegetarian dish. Juices, tea and coffee also were included. The waiter we had was named Shaker and he was nothing short of spectacular- the model of fast, courteous, service who goes out of his way to make sure you have everything you need.

The hotel had a very upscale British feel to it but without any of the pretentiousness you might expect. It is in my opinion a 5 star hotel so expect to pay 5 star prices but it is worth the price. There is a coffee maker in each suite which is complimentary. There is also a butler's pantry where they place an evening snack and also place your complimentary newspaper. They will also shine your shoes for free and have them back in the morning. Many of the guest were well dressed but we were in shorts and jeans and t shirts and never felt out of place or looked down upon.

The location is in the Bloor/Yorkville area so it is one block from the upscale boutique shops on Bloor Street. It is within walking distance of the gay village but I would recommend a taxi if you are trying to get to the downtown area.

Our stay was absolutely wonderful, we have no regrets and we can not wait to go back there again to stay!

Room Tip: stay on 4th floor for a very quiet experience
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MCZAR1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Dubai
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Windsor Arms in July 2012 . We were all very tired from a long 14 hour flight- got to the hotel to find that they didn't have a booking for us ..... although we had booked via booking .com. Long story short the gentleman at the front desk ( I think his name was Kevin ) was very helpful and managed to find the booking in the end. We found through out our stay that everyone , from the door men to the waitpersons to be very friendly,welcoming and chatty.
The rooms were comfortable and clean and our sons enjoyed the butler service of tiny yummy cakes in the afternoon.
It was very close to the Natural History museum and a lot of shops. We even found a lovely park to stroll around early in the morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaDubai
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2012

When you walk in you feel like you are at home! Everything in this hotel is small including the number of rooms available (28)! We found our rooms to be reasonable priced, spacious, comfortable and clean. The location of this hotel is outstanding, in the middle of the shopping district and only a 5 min walk from many great restaurants and clubs, this hotel is a great place to stay. The manager, Kevin, was amazing, remembering who we were and what room we were in. Everyone at the hotel seemed to remember who we were and we were some of the only people staying there at the time that weren't celebrates or athletes. No hotel is perfect, this hotel had a new employee that could not answer any of the questions I asked or help me with recommendations. The climate control units in the rooms are rather outdated and my guest and I found it sometimes very hot and sometimes very cold in our room! Some items in the rooms were left out as if they were free, each room had a bottle of wine, vodka and scotch sitting on the counter. I almost opened the wine before I checked the price, a 5th of vodka is over $200!!! The price list is hidden in a basket with some other nuts and other over priced items. Finally they charge $12.50 to buy a razor and toothbrush I could have bought for $2! It really in the little things that make a hotel great and there were many more positives than negative, I highly recommend staying at this hotel! Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: There is more value in the suites for double the price of a standard room you get three times the ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Poway, California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We came here to celebrate a special birthday and Kevin was extremely helpful in securing our two exceptional dinners in Toronto. All of the staff went "above and beyond" in meeting all of our needs. The room was extremely comfortable and quiet. We highly recommend this hotel and will be back the next time we visit Toronto.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I chose the Windsor Arms hotel because I needed a place to relax, reconnect with my Mom and help get over the jet lag before diving into meeting with friends and family for the rest of my vacation. I was familiar with the hotel as I had lived in Toronto for almost 20 years and went often to the spa and for afternoon tea, but never had a reason to stay there. After living abroad for over 6 years Windsor Arms was my choice to recoup and it did not disappoint me. It ticked every box! It met all my needs - warm hospitality, luxurious spa treatments and delicious afternoon tea. The rooms were lovely, welcoming and I slept like a baby. Needless to say that overall, my experience was excellent. Having been a resident of Toronto in my past life I feel the Windsor Arms showcased the best of Toronto - its elegance, its style and its people.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bonnie M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here in July 2012. The whole experience was just amazing. From Kevin to the Butler, doorman. The room was well done, large and luxurious.
The rooftop lounge was great, surly is not being used enough.
The butler service amazing.
We actuality enjoyed being in the room.
Location is just great.
The only negative is, and i have seen some other reviews mention this as well, our unwanted wake up call by the garbage trucks at 7 am or before. When we mentioned it on the phone to Kevin he seemed to know about it. Nothing was done or being done about it. Sad.
I would stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: ask for a room that you will not the garbage pick up in the am
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank toroboy
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 3 days and had lovely experience. Staff were friendly and helpful and service was great. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012