“Loved the Energy and Service”
Review of Windsor Arms Hotel

Windsor Arms Hotel
Ranked #46 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 25, 2008

When I walked into the front desk I was immediately checked in and my luggage taken to my room. I had a meal in their new steakhouse and was amazed with its ambiance and great food. It felt a lot like a restaurant in Tribeca in New York or a restaurant in Fashion Island in SoCal. The room was comfortable and room service was attentive. The drinks were potent and the staff at night was quite attentive. Most of all my MOm was with me and when she needed help it was immediate. I enjoy this place and I feel as though I never left my place California other than the snow.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed December 24, 2007

We stayed at the Windsor Arms for 2 nights December 21st & 22nd, 2007 in a 2 bedroom suite.

Check in was fast and friendly and we were escorted up to our suite (412) by a staff member who showed us where everything was (ie) the many light and sound controls throughout.

In our room there was a plate of Christmas Cookies waiting for us. The suite was very comfortable with a living room, with wide screen TV, master bedroom with wide screen TV, second bedroom with 2 twin beds, bathroom with shower and ensuite bathroom with jacuzzi tub.

The suite was spotless and well kept with everything you might need, the beds had whote fluffy duvets and there were plenty of towels, soaps, lotions etc and 4 robes for the 4 of us.

The doorman and front desk staff were all friendly & welcoming, room service was quick and efficient. We liked the location of the Windsor Arms just tucked away on a quiet street off busy Bloor Street and it's trendy shopping.

The hotel assisted us with luggage storage on our check out day and with restaurant reservations prior to arrival. We highly recommend the Windsor Arms.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Casserole
Reviewed August 31, 2007

I really enjoyed my visit to the Windsor Arms spa. It's on the 4th and 5th floors of the hotel and has a lovely indoor pool and sauna. The services at the spa were great and the estheticians were quite good. The waiting area is quite small, but there is also a full gym and a terrace that you can enjoy in the summer. They can also order lunch in and there is an area where you can sit and eat it.

The spa was quiet and serene and not crazy busy, so it was a nice place to relax. My husband and I had a couples massage in a room with running water and side by side tables. Very relaxing. We then sat by the pool and enjoyed swimming in it together. It was a great way to spend the afternoon and just relax.

i would definitely go back and do recommend the spa to others.

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank RosaSalerno
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite in this hotel in March 2006. The hotel is very small and has a boutique feel. It's quite intimate and quiet compared to many hotels in Toronto. The room was lovely and very relaxing. The service was good but not comparable to the Park Hyatt or Four Seasons. The spa is nice but certainly nowhere near as nice as the Park Hyatt's Stillwater Spa. All in all, we had a nice stay but I wouldn't return at those prices ($600 for the suite). The Four Seasons and Park Hyatt in Toronto have better rates, amenities, restaurants and service.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank flyingpheonix
Reviewed July 15, 2007

I should have read the reviews first before allowing my travel agent to book me in at this hotel. It was the worst stay I have ever experienced in my life. It started upon my arrival with no doorman and having to bring my own bags in. There was three people standing at the front desk and no one offered to help, further more upon check-in the three people seemed more like a comedy act than a front desk. I was not escorted to my room nor asked if i would like to be escorted or needed help with my luggage.

Upon entering my room I noticed a pungent smell. The room appeared clean but was soon to find this was far from the truth. There was fresh lipstick on the duvet.

I strongly recommend that would be travellers rethink their stay at this particular hotel. I have informed my travel agent of my disapproval so she does not make the same mistake twice.

Another thing to note is this hotel says it is a four star, it is not, it has a three star rating, which is still too high of a rating.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
8  Thank tipps2
Reviewed January 22, 2007

I don't know where to start. I normally stay at the Four Seasons, but this time I decided to try out this hotel. Big mistake.This hotel is expensive and is an aweful place to get a good night's rest. The noise coming from the bar is so loud, that I couldn't sleep. The front desk couldn't move me to another room, so I found myself walking around Yorkville at 11:30PM, getting almost no sleep that I so badly needed for an important meeting I had the next morning.

Room service was bad. The food showed up 40 minutes later and it was cold.

Also, I found this hotel lacks maintenance and is very dirty. There was dust everywhere in the lobby and the carpets were old and had stains all over. My room was nothing special, for over $400 a night, you would expect much better.

The staff was ok, I guess they had to work with what they had.

Do yourself a favour and don't go to the Windsor Arms. Next time I'm in Toronto, without a doubt, I will stay at the Four Seasons.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
10  Thank lodry1
greatoronto, Management at Windsor Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2007

Virtually all of the hotel's carpets were changed in the past 3-4 weeks, thus the comment is puzzling. It is true that on the latter nights of the week, the band from the bar can be heard on the 2nd floor suites. However, guests are pre advised of this at the time of reservation as well as check in, and are given a choice to stay on another floor, or take a reduced rate for the second floor. All this will however change in the next few weeks as we are changing the concept in the bar and eliminating the live bands, which at times caused the noise problems.

Reviewed January 20, 2007

I regularly stay at this hotel while in Toronto and have always received superb service and attention from the helpful staff.
Granted, no place could be perfect but I just love the low key settings of this small personable hotel. Definitely prefer it over other two nearby 5 stars as I've stayed at both and none can come close to this place in terms of service.

Kevin and Olevia at concierge have consistently taken care of all my needs.

I can tell you the lobby is quiet small, so with functions going on they may appear over crowded but it is all part of this place's old school charm.

The rooms itself are furnished beautifully. Some are now equipped with LCD TVs and I think they should do away with the tube TVs in other rooms. Panasonic Tao might have been a big hit 7 years ago but getting rid of the bulky TV replacing it with flat TV will go a long way in keeping the hotel's luxury status.

There is nightly entertainment during the weekend at the excellent club 22 if you're ever bored and food is overall excellent but there is also a plethora of fine dining places whit in 5 minutes walking distance.

Definitely a cut above rest in Toronto.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business