“great value and spacious suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Town Inn Suites

Town Inn Suites
Ranked #65 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Cornwall
“great value and spacious suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

I have been staying at the suites on extended business trips (from 1 to 6 months at a time) for the past 7 years. Its not the Hilton, that's for sure, but for an extended stay its a wonderful choice. I always had clean spacious suites. The carpets may be a tad worn, but the bed, linens & towels were excellent. The front desk staff are excellent, with special mention of Mag, Christine & Tony, who were always cheerful, helpful, and went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. As I said before, the decor is not up to the standards of a 5-star big-city hotel, but having a full kitchen with all appliances, a restful living room & separate bedroom with a second TV, and staff who greeted me by name every time I came back from work far out-weighed the lack of pretty wallpaper & pictures. Every room has a balcony which is a rare treat in the city, especially if staying for an extended period. The pool is clean, large, and has large doors opening onto a sundeck. The elevators are slow, especially at peak hours. The breakfast is now a full breakfast, either included with some rates, or available for $8.95. For downtown Toronto, that's a great deal. Eggs to order, french toast, cereals of all kinds, coffee & juice. Fresh fruit is available in the lobby. The location is perfect: close to the Gay Village, tony Yorkville & Bloor shopping areas, 2 blocks from the subway, walking distance to many great places to visit. Restaurants are plentiful nearby, but who wants that when you have a full kitchen? I think its a prefect place to stay for extended business travel, or for family vacations. I was so happy with the service & facilities, I recommended it to our Travel coordinator who then booked many of our employees into the suites for 2 week stretches. Everyone was happy with the rooms, staff & service.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Finnish first
Halifax
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

I/we have stayed at the Town Inn and Suites 3 – 4 times. The type of suite you get depends on who/how you book your stay. Using a company such as Expedia/Travelocity may get you a “top of the line” suite one time and then a basic the next. Same experience if you book directly with the company.

This facility appears to be an original high-rise apartment building in Toronto that has been taken over and run like a hotel. You can stay for a weekend or months on end.

There was a wide range of cleanliness in the various suites we stayed in. The range being gross (mouldy) to superb. All have a living room/dining room and kitchen with one or two bedrooms. Some are very spacious while others don’t leave much room to swing a cat.

We choose this facility in the past due to its closeness to the Gay Village in Toronto (Church and Wellesley area). It is handy to shopping and night life – but so are many other hotels from which to choose.

There are other hotels in the area with a much more consistent product on offer. We tried this hotel and will pass on it in the future.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

I stayed at Town Inn Suites for one month on business in December. I had read some reviews and was a little nervous, but my company already had me booked as the rate was so reasonable for a downtown hotel. I have to say I was happily surprised at the condition of the room, and the quality of the furnishings. The duvet was new and white and clean, the sofas were leather and in perfect condition, and the carpeting was fine. Wireless internet was fast. I wouldn’t say it was a Hilton, but it was a great three star suite and I would definitely return. The staff was helpful and friendly, Mag the Assistant GM in particular, and it was very nice to have all the amenities of a suite, instead of just a hotel room with a microwave. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who will be in the city for an extended period of time from two days to two months as a great deal and nice place to stay downtown right near the subway.

• Liked — Rooms and Staff were helpfull
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
hamilton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2009

My lady friend and I spent the evening in Torornto Jan10,2009. It was the worst experience we have had in a hotel . Rooms are way over rated, the Ymca would of been more pleasant. Believe me the pictures must of been from another hotel.Service was unacceptable , don't forget the hidden parking charges they say it will be taken care of when you get there. They only take care of themselves.My credit card was over charged for things I didn't sign for. When I recieved my statement there was other expenses added to my account with no explanation. If you want a pleasant experience oft the big city stay away from here.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank explorerhamilton
London, ON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2009

First of all, we reserved for 2 nights, and upon arrival found that the hotel is not at all what is advertised on the website. We actually got stuck in the elevator for over 10 minutes, the carpets were destroyed, the wallpaper was falling down, the couches looked like they had been scratching posts to cats, there were burns on the counters, the appliances stunk and looked like they had never been cleaned etc. Overall there is NO way that the website shows pictures from the same hotel, this hotel looked closer to an abandoned hostel. Immediately, I proceeded to the front desk to complain and the girl laughed and stated that she completely agreed that the "website was complete false advertisement". She stated that there was one room that looked 'kind of' like the one on the website, but none of the others did & that room was occupied. She refused to issue a refund and stated that as soon as we checked in we were not allowed to cancel. I told her I would pay the one night anyways but I was not staying there and she said she HAD to charge the full 2 nights no matter what. She also claimed that although the deal was supposed to include breakfast, she didn't think we were supposed to get it so she refused to give us the tickets for breakfast. She, finally (after 3 hours of talking about it) moved us to a different room that at least did not smell like someone peed on the floor but was still no where near what was shown on the website. Finally, in the morning the manager let us check out without paying for the second night but offered no apology for the horrible service, disgusting rooms and false advertisements. After check-out we drove to the nearest Marriott & had a wonderful stay there. I just thought you may appreciate being informed of how horrible the experience was. I hope that no one else falls into their trap. Spend the extra $10 a night and stay at the Marriott on Bloor & Yonge.

Thanks for your time,
Jennifer

• Liked — nothing, it was horrible
  • Disliked — The rooms were disgusting! I am so frustrated that I fell for their false advertising!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
London, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

From the pictures we saw on their website it seemed as though the hotel would be a nice higher end place.
When we arrived they allowed us to check-in at 11am because we wanted to leave our car in the underground parking. The parking looked like it was about to fall apart. The pillars holding the garage up were sinking and falling apart and there were areas blocked off, basically didnt look safe to be there.
When we got to our room it was not what we expected. The bedroom was nice, no complaints. The bathroom was a little rusty around the sink and the wallpaper was peeling. The living room area was ok. The tv stand was missing the drawers. The sink in the kitchen was broken: once you turned it on you had to replace the tap into its socket to make the water stop.
We had a toaster and a coffee maker, the toaster looked old and unsanitary and personnally i wouldnt use it.
The continental breakfast was not even a breakfast, was a snack, there was coffee, apples and muffins. THATS IT!
I liked how many channels the tv had.
Also, the room was really clean.
Basically, the hotel needs some major renovations.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — hotel was run down
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Ottawa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2008

Stayed for two nights with my 4 year old niece. Staff at the front desk were very nice and helpful. Thoe hotel has a luggage check if you get in to town early.
The room itself was a little run down, and had I not gotten a good deal with the website I used to book the room, this might have upset me. Overall though, the room was clean,bedsheets clean, etc. But the tub needs to be refinished, some spots stained into the carpet and slight damage to the drywall in places.
The subway is a 5 minute walk, and the airport about a 75 minute public transit ride away, downtown less than 30 and about an hour to the zoo.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family