“Standard has steadily declined over the years”
Review of Town Inn Suites

Town Inn Suites
Ranked #66 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
“Standard has steadily declined over the years”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in this place yearly for the past ten years and was thoroughly disappointed by the quality of the room, cleanliness and the appalling arrogant manner of a number of the concierge staff. For the standard the hotel is very overpriced, but the handy location right on church street is the best thing the place has going !

Won't be back !

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank DRojasor
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I was dissappointed to read that your stay was not a pleasant one. I will be addressing your comments with the appropriate departments. Please except my apologies as this is not our usual high standard. For 2013 we have newly rennovated suites and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival so I may ensure that your expectations are met this time.
Warm regards
manager, shelley@towninn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We got bumped into this place at the last minute because Canada Suites overbooked and only gave us 3 days notice. The location and price are good, but the rooms are run down and the staff is cold and disinterested. Good place for young people to crash, but I wouldn;t recommend it for adults.

Room Tip: Better hotels for the proce all over Toronto..shop around.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our great location and price but I was disappointed to hear that the room you stayed in was not to your satisfaction. I will be addressing your comments with the relevant departments. Just to let you know last year we began a full remodel of several floors of suites.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites and please do not hesitate to contact me proir to arrival so I can ensure your expectations are met this time.
southern ontario
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night - here's what to expect.
Got a Groupon price - $114 for a 2 room, 2 bed suite - came with a $25 voucher which we used to save us the cost of parking on their property. Tax was another $15.
The property is an apartment building turned into a hotel - about 26 floors.
There is a decent looking indoor pool (didn't use), the use of a computer, a small gym, a restaurant (didn't use) and underground parking (tight quarters for any larger vehicle - we parked a mini-van).
The staff was great - friendly and helpful.
The location was great - Church south of Bloor - about 2 blocks east of Yonge St. Public transit also only about 2-3 blocks away (from subway).
There are many restaurants and bars within a 20-30 min walk.
The unit was pretty dumpy - old, dirty carpet, peeling paint, no decor to speak of. The beds seemed to have clean linen and were comfortable. We asked for a couple of extra blankets but they were so grungy, we didn't use them.
Convenience-wise, you are staying in a small apartment unit so you have a full (small) kitchen, some dishes, cutlery, microwave, coffee maker. And a balcony.
The tiny washroom had clean towels, some generic toiletries, a blow dryer....there was an iron and ironing board.
One bed was in the old living room with a wall mount tv and a cheap, small glass-top table with 2 chairs; the bedrom had a bed and closet.
On the up-side, we didn't have any beg bug or cockroach sightings!
Overall it had a frosh-party feel to it, but it felt safe and it wasn't noisy (ie rowdy neighbours) at least where we were.
We took the good with the bad!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your detailed review following your stay. I was delighted to read your positive comments about our convenient location and most of all the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff, who we consider to be our best asset!! I am disappointed that your room gave rise to less positive comments. Going forward for 2013 we have made many improvements to our suites including hardwood flooring, granite countertops and should your schedule bring you back to the Town Inn Suites I would appreciate it if you would contact me directly so that I can take care of your booking.
Warm regards
Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Town Inn Suites several times over the past 10 years. The property is conveniently located and clean. The rooms are a little out of date and they still charge a fee to use the wireless internet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoeStabb
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will become a regular guest of ours. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should your schedule bring you back so that I can take care of your booking.
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Was here on business for one night. I had a one bedroom Queen size suite, with full kitchen.

Check im was smooth and hassle free. I was on the 17th floor, with a HUGE balcony eith great coty views. My Kitchen was well stocked. The suite was neat and clean, with a nice comfy leather couch. A little dinette table was also there, looked a bit basic, but fine.

Modern bedroom furnishing and lighting decorated the room. The heating and cooling controls were in the living room right on the wall mounted unit under the window. On the whole a decent place to stay, if not a little bit dated and somewhat worn (I noticed some drywall damage, ostensibly from a long-gone water leak, in several places)

There were maid carts sitting in the hallway when I checked in at 10pm and when I left in the morning. Dntheybstore them in the hallways? The elevators were fast for a 60s or 70s highrise. They clearly modernized this part first.

If you're not too picky and value location, good price and roominess, this would be a good choice. Not far from the TTC subway line that takes you to the Union Station and close to the business district and shopping.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will return and become a regular guest of our.
manager
Tillsonburg, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

most disgusting place I have ever stayed. They didn't even have covers on the wall outlets, which can cause a fire. The walls are paper thin, not clean, hair found in the bed, false advertising of the room, smelt awful and smoky, and holes in the walls. I would not recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank butchedy
Dundas, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Town Inn Suites. In August 2012 we were in a King suite and were very impressed with the room and service. Last night we stayed there again and were still impressed. The staff at the front desk were very attentive and accommodating. The room was very spacious and clean with comfortable bedding. We loved the kitchen and living room areas - the room had everything that we needed and more. We will definitely be back to stay again.
Thanks!!