“Great location...”
Review of Town Inn Suites

Town Inn Suites
Ranked #65 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I enjoyed an evening in this apartment building reno'd hotel recently and would do it again. It's in a fabulous location surrounded by so many great restaurants, pubs, shopping, ttc. The customer service was great and always available to provide a clean and easy stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Town Inn Suites. We are delighted that you enjoyed our customer service and downtown location.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should your schedule bring you back to the Town Inn Suites so that I can take care of your booking.
Warm regard,
shelley@towninn.com
manager

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My friends and I stayed here to celebrate our holiday get-together. The staff was amazing and went over and above to ensure we were happy and taken care of. The room was fabulous and it was wonderful to have a balcony. The four of us stayed in one of the renovated suites and it exceeded our expectations. We had a seperate bedroom and living space which allowed us to enjoy our dinner rather than eating it while sitting on a bed like a regular hotel room.
The Inn was clean and offered a lot for the price. Loved the location and enjoyed the pool. We will definently be booking this Inn for our next get together.
Thanks for making our holiday celebration enjoyable!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am a exhibitor at the One of a Kind Christmas Craft show and have spent the last 20 years staying at this hotel. The show is for 11 days, but I'm there for 2 weeks. The hotel is approximatly 3 blocks from the Bloor and Yonge subway station (the heart of the Toronto transit system) which can help you eliminate the need for a car although they have lots of parking. From this subway station you can travel north south or east west to everywhere in Toronto.
The front desk staff are always friendly and helpful, have any questions, just ask. Room cleaning every day. Rooms are large with kitchens dining rooms and living areas, 1 or 2 bedroom suites. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by or you can cook and have a drink in your own room as they have all the amenities. No room service, but everything is close by, beer store, wine store, restaurants shopping all close by within walking distance in a area you can feel safe and secure alone or with the family.
An older hotel undergoing constant changes, newer elevators, new balconies. Some of the suites have been totally renovated with granite counter tops, fireplaces and large flat screen T.V, in the living room and bedroom. The hotel has a large swimming pool, sauna and excerise equipment.
And all this at a great price.
Thank you again for making my stay in Toronto enjoyable and stress free.
Rick Shawcross, Shawcross Bros. Gloves, Winnipeg, MB

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been staying at the Town's Inn Toronto for the last 25 years. One word sumes it up for me
simply...Excellent! I love the hotel, the location (starbucks around the corner!) great shops one block away, great restaurants and especially Whole Foods!!. The employess are all super nice people, friendly always. The rooms are very very large, clean and quiet. They have renovated all the rooms, and it's just great, especially the price! I will always recommend your Hotel, to all my friends & family. As a IMAX film producer , we always stay at this hotel with the film crew. It's a very long day for the crew, and they really look forward to going back to your hotel. So comfortable! Thank you. Huge thumbs up!
Pietro Serapiglia Montreal, Quebec.

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect! I especially like the corner rooms, and away from the elevators
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pietro s
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The online photos do not properly represent this hotel. It is obvious to the human eye from the outside that it needs a face lift and they are working on it. Once you walk in, the check in desk is a reminder of a 1970 motel that has not been updated. The elevators are in the same sub-par condition. I was fortunate when I booked my room to share my concerns about the 10 day stay (everything in Toronto in the downtown corridor was sold out - my options were slim) and the person that took my reservation made a point of telling me that I would be in a newly renovated room. Once I survived and kept an open mind about the 1970 check-in area and process, including the rickety ride up the elevator, the floor corridor was horrendous. It looked like it had not been touched in 30 years. I was getting skeptical and ready to head back downstairs to check out and go to the outskirts of town to stay and commute into the city. I decided to check out the room and have an open mind. Thankfully, the room (not the door to get in, that still had a chain to secure the room) was upgraded. It was obvious that the upgrade was a camouflauge of what was underneath (versus a gut job); but it was clean and I was able to remain. It saddens me that the entire journey from entrance to the room door was substandard even for a 3 star hotel; but grateful that the room was livable for 10 days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing the observations of your stay at the Town Inn Suites. We take all of our guest's comments seriously and we initiate appropriate action to improve our services and the property. This year alone we implemented a full modernization to all elevators. We continuously keep upgrading our property and through the winter months we will be replacing all corridor carpet. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites and please do not hesitate to contact me directly should your schedule bring you back to the Town Inn Suites.
Warm regards,
shelley@towninn.com
Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel earlier in the year and wrote an anonymous review after our first stay. Complained about towels. Second visit towels were good! They listen and try to improve. This is an older hotel in a great location. Some areas need to be cleaned and repainted but beds are clean and comfortable. Front desk and cleaning staff were helpful and friendly. Price is excellent for so close to downtown Toronto. Windows in the bedroom area of our suite were terribly dirty on the outside. Was not sure if that is common in older buildings in Toronto. The room was clean and comfortable. This hotel does a great job meeting our needs for a clean, comfortable place to sleep and relax after a day out in Toronto. Kitchen facilities allowed us to make breakfast and store snacks. I look forward to staying at this hotel for my next visit to Toronto and I feel confident that they will continue with their updating and improving process.
thank you. DB from Calgary

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lower floors and use the stairs to walk down. good exercise and faster tha...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed there for three days 27. Sept. - 30. Sept. 2012.

Lets be realistic: It's a 3 star hotel. If you expect a 5 star hotel for that price then...

Yes it is quite worn down, and I would love to see the place renovated, because the location is simply perfect.
And since the balconies were closed off due to renovation,
I expect that the management has acknowledged the need to renovate.

5 minutes walk to Younge St. - about 10 minutes to the subway.

I found the staff friendly and professional.

One complaint though:
Today free internetaccess is a minimum for travellers like me. I was astounded that I had to pay an additional cost of $12 a day!
Had I known that I would probably chosen to upgrade my stay to a 4 star hotel instead.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Mr Morgensen,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay. I was dissappointed to read that your recent stay gave cause to less positive comments. Let me assure you that we are continually renovating and upgrading our rooms and as for the balcony renovation this has been completed very recently and we have several new rennavation projects for 2013 as well.

On another note, I am happy that you enjoyed the convenient location and found our staff professional and helpful.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites and please do no hesitate to contact me prior to arrival so I can ensure your expectations are met this time.

Warm regards,