Town Inn Suites
$158
$150
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$275
$151
$129
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnew appliancesfull kitchenliving roomchurch streetgay villageone bedroom apartmentthe penthousehome away from homeking suitetwo blockslocation is greatsubway stationcn towerdowntownmageddishwashermaid
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been staying at the Town's Inn Toronto for the last 25 years. One word sumes it up for me
simply...Excellent! I love the hotel, the location (starbucks around the corner!) great shops one block away, great restaurants and especially Whole Foods!!. The employess are all super nice people, friendly always. The rooms are very very large, clean and quiet. They have renovated all the rooms, and it's just great, especially the price! I will always recommend your Hotel, to all my friends & family. As a IMAX film producer , we always stay at this hotel with the film crew. It's a very long day for the crew, and they really look forward to going back to your hotel. So comfortable! Thank you. Huge thumbs up!
Pietro Serapiglia Montreal, Quebec.

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect! I especially like the corner rooms, and away from the elevators
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pietro s
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The online photos do not properly represent this hotel. It is obvious to the human eye from the outside that it needs a face lift and they are working on it. Once you walk in, the check in desk is a reminder of a 1970 motel that has not been updated. The elevators are in the same sub-par condition. I was fortunate when I booked my room to share my concerns about the 10 day stay (everything in Toronto in the downtown corridor was sold out - my options were slim) and the person that took my reservation made a point of telling me that I would be in a newly renovated room. Once I survived and kept an open mind about the 1970 check-in area and process, including the rickety ride up the elevator, the floor corridor was horrendous. It looked like it had not been touched in 30 years. I was getting skeptical and ready to head back downstairs to check out and go to the outskirts of town to stay and commute into the city. I decided to check out the room and have an open mind. Thankfully, the room (not the door to get in, that still had a chain to secure the room) was upgraded. It was obvious that the upgrade was a camouflauge of what was underneath (versus a gut job); but it was clean and I was able to remain. It saddens me that the entire journey from entrance to the room door was substandard even for a 3 star hotel; but grateful that the room was livable for 10 days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing the observations of your stay at the Town Inn Suites. We take all of our guest's comments seriously and we initiate appropriate action to improve our services and the property. This year alone we implemented a full modernization to all elevators. We continuously keep upgrading our property and through the winter months we will be replacing all corridor carpet. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites and please do not hesitate to contact me directly should your schedule bring you back to the Town Inn Suites.
Warm regards,
shelley@towninn.com

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel earlier in the year and wrote an anonymous review after our first stay. Complained about towels. Second visit towels were good! They listen and try to improve. This is an older hotel in a great location. Some areas need to be cleaned and repainted but beds are clean and comfortable. Front desk and cleaning staff were helpful and friendly. Price is excellent for so close to downtown Toronto. Windows in the bedroom area of our suite were terribly dirty on the outside. Was not sure if that is common in older buildings in Toronto. The room was clean and comfortable. This hotel does a great job meeting our needs for a clean, comfortable place to sleep and relax after a day out in Toronto. Kitchen facilities allowed us to make breakfast and store snacks. I look forward to staying at this hotel for my next visit to Toronto and I feel confident that they will continue with their updating and improving process.
thank you. DB from Calgary

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lower floors and use the stairs to walk down. good exercise and faster than waiting for the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed there for three days 27. Sept. - 30. Sept. 2012.

Lets be realistic: It's a 3 star hotel. If you expect a 5 star hotel for that price then...

Yes it is quite worn down, and I would love to see the place renovated, because the location is simply perfect.
And since the balconies were closed off due to renovation,
I expect that the management has acknowledged the need to renovate.

5 minutes walk to Younge St. - about 10 minutes to the subway.

I found the staff friendly and professional.

One complaint though:
Today free internetaccess is a minimum for travellers like me. I was astounded that I had to pay an additional cost of $12 a day!
Had I known that I would probably chosen to upgrade my stay to a 4 star hotel instead.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Mr Morgensen,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay. I was dissappointed to read that your recent stay gave cause to less positive comments. Let me assure you that we are continually renovating and upgrading our rooms and as for the balcony renovation this has been completed very recently and we have several new rennavation projects for 2013 as well.

On another note, I am happy that you enjoyed the convenient location and found our staff professional and helpful.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites and please do no hesitate to contact me prior to arrival so I can ensure your expectations are met this time.

Warm regards,
shelley@towninn .com

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I got this hotel with two other friends cause of my 19th birthday. The only thing clean was the beds (thank god). The carpet in our room was pulled up so it was all bumpy. There is no chairs on the balcony. The wallpaper was peeling off. There was food splatter under the cupboards above our stove. There was pee on the bathroom floor where the pool was. The bottom of the pool is all brown and yellow... ew. When I checked in, the clerk noticed it was my birthday. Instead of wishing me a happy birthday he said we have a no party policy. I felt like saying back to him, you really think I would party in this place? It's an old apartment building! The only thing this hotel was good for was the location

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sam1026

Dear Sam
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our great central location but was disappointed to read that the room you stayed in was not to your satisfaction. I will be addressing your comments to the relevant departments.

Let me extend a belated Happy Birthday to you and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites and please contact me directly prior to arrival so I can ensure your expectations are met this time.

Warm Regards