“Superior Marriott”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Albany, NY
“Superior Marriott”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great location. Room quite spacious for a downtown hotel. Super clean room and bathroom. Workout room on the top floor had nice views of downtown. Star of the service staff was the friendly Asian bellboy / valet who parked cars; he remembered our names all four days we were there. Front desk staff had nice smiles, courteous, quick, and professional. The location on that part of Bay Street is excellent; not too busy even in rush hour. Location is really close to U of T and pretty much anywhere else downtown. There is a Canadian Tire a block away, and an upscale market 1.5 blocks away. The hotel is quiet and isn’t affected at all by the masses of humanity at Yonge and Dundas.

Complaints would be a TV remote that didn’t work too well, and an exterior door that wouldn’t let us in later at night despite our valid room cardkeys. Oh, the laptop safe was only anchored to a movable dresser cabinet; not exactly secured. Wifi pricey, when most hotels offer this free; heck, even a Red Roof has free wifi. Bell staff slightly overwhelmed on a Saturday night.

Note that the Front Street area is a mess due to all the construction, apparently PanAmerican games preparation next year. This hotel is just north enough of the construction that it isn’t affected. Unless, you happen to drive south on Bay Street towards Lakeshore; in which case I suggest you take alternatives such as first west towards Spadina or east towards Jarvis.

Solid 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank IT-Expert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hanover, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Have stayed here many times before. Checkin was seamless, the room was spotless and extra towels and a low floor was ready for us. The gym was clean but very busy. Breakfast was included and was very enjoyable. The staff were very helpful and the location of the hotel was excellent. It is possible to go from the second floor directly into the Eaton centre -which is very useful in the winter as you don't need any coat etc.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Zappafan5797
Inuvik, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel was a very good surprise. It provides an excellent location at a fair price. I have no complaints and will stay here again whenever I am in the Toronto area. The housekeeping at this place is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank SpinSpan
Frank S, Manager at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Overall a pretty good hotel. It is just a standard run of the mill hotel without frills. There is nothing wrong with not having frills, I think overall its a good hotel for the price.

PRO:
- checked in early (9am) without any issues
- great price
- good customer service

CONS:
- I was skip the room service, not great food.
- internet was great one night and then the next I couldn't get it to work. THe upside to this is that they have a tech guy on staff to help with these issues (so thats a nice pro). They ended up giving me my money back for the internet that evening as well.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jennifer E
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We traveled from PA as a group of 8, we were beyond tired by the time we got to the hotel as we were stuck in traffic for 3-4 hours due to the Caribbean parade. Upon arrival, valet unloaded the bags and took them inside to the check in bags very quickly. We originally had booked this hotel 6 months ago with 2 king bed rooms. About 4 months ago, I changed them to be 2 double rooms. The front desk agent that helped me was Lesly. She initially told me my reservation still showed 2 king beds, she only changed the one room to a double since that's all that was left. For the second room she changed it to a king bed with a pullout bed. She did it all with no trouble and apologized for the mistake. I told Lesly of our situation that upon checkout we would be leaving late and she gracefully gave us a later check out and later parking time. I thanked her a lot as we were tired and didn't want to deal with that when we were going to leave. The rooms were nice and all but one problem I had was that the room had no fridge in it. We had brought a couple drinks and food that need to be kept cool so we had to use the bucket that's used for recycling and add ice to it. It got annoying after awhile that we had to keep adding ice but we dealt with it. Also, I feel as though wifi should be included throughout this hotel as this was an already expensive hotel to stay at and if you wanted to use wifi you had to go all the way down to the lobby. Toronto is an expensive city, so word of advice is to bring plenty of money and exchange it to Canadian because some places rip you off saying it's equivalent, when it's really not. Or just use your credit card. For example, I paid half of reservation in cash and half on my card. The half on my card was $330 in Canadian dollars and only my credit card statement it only came up as $220 in US dollars. Overall this stay was ok, like I mentioned before my only complaint was having no fridge and no free wifi in the rooms. I want to strongly emphasize that Lesly was great at the front desk and definitely did everything she can to make our stay a lot better.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Acg1224
Pune, India
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This wasn't one of my best stays at this property. I've been staying at this property since '99 and had some really nice experiences. This time was a little different. I had a problem with finding a better price once I checked in. I called and was told it would be adjusted. When I got my bill I had to go down to talk to the manager about the adjustment. He knew the web price was better than the rate I had gotten earlier but told me he would have to get back to me on it. In the end the adjustment was made.
What really bothered me is the all clear announcement went out on the public announcement system at 5:30am. There was no alarm prior to that. I asked what happened and they explained they caught someone smoking. I asked why the all clear was announced and the actual alarm wasn't. They said they have the ability to override the alarm but not the all clear. ? Seems that they shouldn't be allowed to override the one without the other but maybe that's just me.
Not a bad stay, just not nearly as good as in the past.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank HP006
Frank S, Manager at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to explain your concern. Please be assured this will be discussed with the operation team to avoid it from happening again in the future. Really appreciate you loyalty and being our guest since 1999!
México, México
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Everything was amazing! Excellent service! Congratulations!
Just like a suggestion, you should include hand cream in the room, or in the store. =) At the beginning we have a little problem with the credit card but very gently, the person in charge of the front desk resolved our problem.
Everybody was very kindness and respectful.

Stayed August 2014